Legacy femTK build thread

Starting my wife's FemTk build finally after over a year after it arrived.

Gonna hopefully have it done In a few weeks since I got little else to do with my free time.

Wish us luck and I'll do my best to keep the thread updated with our progress.

Gotta have the just opened helmet pic.eeeaae2285db533c2f8ae6c6f6a757b9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Already questioning myself. I should cut the eyes back to the mould lines correct?
And I can't decide if the teeth holes good or if I should make them a bit bigger?3088aae5cf3cbb9a9a762773a6eae462.jpg417be019e0dea087b2e6585ce2345faa.jpg

Correct you can trim a little more out of the corners of the eyes, that little extra can make a lot of difference to your view.

Teeth can also be trimmed a little more.

Although original trilogy here is a reference of general teeth trimming, you don't want to leave the teeth area, so no cutting into the gums

gallery_12157_36_77206.thumb.jpg.82563ed67f1f840854c60fc7cdec82e3.jpg 

• Like 1

HI There, as suggested by the DS trim the corners out slightly more  try to get as much visibility as you can for your wife, this lid is more restricted in view than a standard tk, you can cut back to the mold lines but personaly i tried to trim and shape in line with the curve of the lenses. also helps with the lense placement/fitment as well later

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44182-legacy-fem-trooper-version-a-tj_fem-wip/page/3/

Got a lot of the rough trimming done today. Used the same method I did with my TK and just pencil marked along the armor to find the bends where you know the extra material is and cut along that. Easy way for me to make sure I'm keeping enough to work with.10d938424a160a561beef4fecb743b10.jpgb95652ddec9b62b040e5178c2d7442fc.jpg

• Like 1

This is coming together well, if anything you can probably reduce some of the return edge on the thighs for comfort.

Started painting the helmet Grey parts.
After lots of measurements and taping. I'm pretty happy with the results.
I used the same Grey that worked for my TK. Took 4 layers to fully cover it.
Besides a few spots where the paint bleed under the tape it looks good to me. Just gotta touch those spots up with a little scrape and rub.
Next I'll probably do the lenses, which I still haven't decided how I'm going to attach them.985b107b85834997430d897346966159.jpg5065aa7c33cd8d5bc577ab53df773f67.jpg

One tip is to paint a thin coat of white first then if there is any bleed it will fill with white not grey.

You only have a small amount of bleed so a scraper or tooth pick should take care of those 

Got the lenses in after a lot of trimming with an exacto knife. Finally got it sitting how I like. Also painted the teeth and vocoder. Just eyeballed it and am happy with the results.
Added the mesh using hot glue.
d0a276a24572eba537904c49a8fa8c99.jpg

The ears gave me a ton of grief. Had almost 10mm difference from the height from one side to the other. Think it was one of those things where on one side I went tight and short barely, and the other was long and loose. Cause everything seemed to be square and even then I had a gap in the ears.
So I had to cut down the brow about 5mm and then lowered the side and squeezed the tube into the ear when I screwed it in.
I'm actually really happy with the final result from where it started.
39953d56b5d7bc15fbbffec160273935.jpg7065254d5f2c166f954a58b2415d6ce3.jpg71c2760beea890079fb3a85cd3e2f58d.jpg

More fine tune trimming today. Got ride of more of the excess.
The thighs look like they will fit well using the guide lines. Might just trim a tiny bit more off the return edges.
The shins however look like I'll have to figure something out with the backside to make them a little larger. I'm super hesitant to trim off the shins since that's where I had a ton of issues on my TK.
My current plan is the trim the front edge of the shins along the provided guide lines. Then see how they fit after that.
Also can't decide how much I'm going to trim the forearm armor down. They just seem super big to me compared to the rest.
And the biceps will need to have a little more space then where the guide shows sizing it to. So that will be a fun process. 46587ecea06d241a930acd3edfaeb79f.jpg41679bd031683b24f53e35c4fbdd49c4.jpgbd21e5f62b72005972b8990384484181.jpg

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/44182-legacy-fem-trooper-version-a-tj_fem-wip/?do=findComment&comment=602859

OK looking at the thighs i think your on track the return around the knee could be reduced slightly also fitting on the guidelines will possibly let them sit a little higher. would recommend using the rear part of the thigh as master  for fitting. with the shin the initial trim lines are a good place to start looking at the overlap you have. the majority of the lower return can be removed if needed just leave the edge curve visible. would also suggest sizing the shins with the boots on as it does make them sit differently  

Edited by Chopper857