Crack in helmet!

I have a Crack in my helmet near the vocoder. It's not too bad yet but obviously I need to fix it before my next troop.

I was going to use some abs paste and just spread some on the outside and a lot on the inside.

Does anyone have any insight into if that is a good fix method or another way that will work better?9ee99709b420746eae3e6b774e8f7aa4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

I would suggest using the GEL type super glue, John (with an accelerant if you have it).  The regular stuff is pretty thin, and you don't want it seeping through the crack and dripping out the other side. ;)

I've done that fix with standard CA glue before.  I don't know how well the gel type would soak into the fabric.

My tip for these is to put a few drops one first and press the fabric into that to get it where you need it.  Then you can start to flood the area, but pay attention to the edges as they have a habit of curling up if you're not careful.

Once dry and cool, it will get quite warm, run over the area with some 120-320 ish sand paper to just take of any points that can catch things. 

Went with some gorilla super glue and a piece of burlap(ish) material I had left over from my build. The inside looks worse in the picture than in person. But it's in a basic invisible spot so I'm not worried about appearance. Plus the rubber seal will cover about 80% of the crack.
Either way is does appear to be a strong bond and is holding so far.
Thanks again!02d0e64a1f2e3a589924a1677c137181.jpgc60637253663bce4a82a91f87e28b1ba.jpg

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk