Women's Boots for TK Centurion?

Hello All!

I hope I am posting this in the right area, I am new to Whitearmor - :)

I've been having trouble finding TK boots small enough to fit my size 6 feet, but I managed to find a pair of women's chelsea boots that are white on white while still having a black bottom. They are over $100 so I was looking for some input on whether or not they could be approved at Centurion level before I invest in them. I am mainly worried about the height of the heel as it might be too big. It's really hard to find chelsea boots that have small heels! This is what I found:

https://www.everlane.com/products/womens-modern-utility-chelsea-boot-white-leather?locale=US&utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=pla-google&utm_campaign=838139507&utm_content=471192536556&utm_term=pla-973068508291&adgroup=116150501492&pid=8333-61669&device=c&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2JnsjOKr8QIV9Ql9Ch00ww6wEAQYBCABEgKoVPD_BwE

Thank you!

- Crystal

LordOfTheSWFans

Edited by LordoftheSWFans

Those have a weird curve to them on the elastic sides. Here are a few references, notice the thinner width of elastic

gallery_12157_20_118220.jpggallery_12157_20_87976.jpg

Have you tried Imperial boots, not sure what sizes they go down too these days https://www.imperialboots.com/

You could also try Crowprops https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product/jhodpur-tk-white-short-boots

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Those have a weird curve to them on the elastic sides. Here are a few references, notice the thinner width of elastic

gallery_12157_20_118220.jpggallery_12157_20_87976.jpg

Have you tried Imperial boots, not sure what sizes they go down too these days https://www.imperialboots.com/

You could also try Crowprops https://crowprops.bigcartel.com/product/jhodpur-tk-white-short-boots

Thanks for the feedback! I wasn't sure how important the curve of the elastic was, that was my other issue. I will look into those other options to see if they make them small enough :)

• Like 1

For Basic approval, the elastic may not be the biggest deal depending on your GML (the person who will be approving them), but the bottoms would not be acceptable, sad to say.  As per the CRL for Basic 501st approval the must have a "flat sole with a short heel".

I'm pretty sure they have them in your size, but the Classic 421s (link here) from Imperial Boots are a great option and are acceptable at all levels.  A bit pricey, but VERY well built and will last for years.  The thing with them is that they sell in "waves" (like once a month), but the next wave opens up on July 2nd.  Shipping is actually pretty fast, but one thing I would advise is to order a half or full size up from what you normally wear, as they run a bit tight.  This also leaves room to toss in a pair of Dr. Scholl's insoles for some additional comfort.

One last note-  It's best to have whatever boots you choose on hand when fitting the lower leg (calf) armor.  Trust me on that one. ;)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

For Basic approval, the elastic may not be the biggest deal depending on your GML (the person who will be approving them), but the bottoms would not be acceptable, sad to say.  As per the CRL for Basic 501st approval the must have a "flat sole with a short heel".

I'm pretty sure they have them in your size, but the Classic 421s (link here) from Imperial Boots are a great option and are acceptable at all levels.  A bit pricey, but VERY well built and will last for years.  The thing with them is that they sell in "waves" (like once a month), but the next wave opens up on July 2nd.  Shipping is actually pretty fast, but one thing I would advise is to order a half or full size up from what you normally wear, as they run a bit tight.  This also leaves room to toss in a pair of Dr. Scholl's insoles for some additional comfort.

One last note-  It's best to have whatever boots you choose on hand when fitting the lower leg (calf) armor.  Trust me on that one. ;)

Thanks for the tip!

Yeaaaaa the ones you linked would probably be a no go, especially at Centurion...

+1 for CrowProps in this case - I like the look of Imperial Boots better, but Gio can make custom boots for pretty much any size foot and is familiar with the 501st CRLs. 

Edited by TheRascalKing