How's your mobility / flexibility?

I discovered that since the forearm to bicep strap is on the outside of the elbow, the bend is actually stretching, pulling my bicep down as the arm bends in the process.

Can put post a pic of where the elastic is between your forearm and bicep (just loose armour, not wearing it). Bending your elbow shouldn't be pulling your bicep down

9 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Can put post a pic of where the elastic is between your forearm and bicep (just loose armour, not wearing it). Bending your elbow shouldn't be pulling your bicep down emoji848.png

I can try to illustrate. The image shown below is the left arm strapping, the velcro elastic that secures the bicep to the forearm is facing behind. The yellow lines represent my arm, the blue the armor, and the green the elastic strap and the red arrow the dominant pull of elastic. As I bend the elbow, the green elastic is stretched and begins to fight the bell to bicep strap, ultimately winning, causing more of a collision between forearm and bicep.

zChn0dj.jpg

Ross from RWA can demonstrate. As he bends his elbow, the elastic in green is lengthened.

H9VtpQM.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fishgoh0nk said:

I discovered that since the forearm to bicep strap is on the outside of the elbow, the bend is actually stretching, pulling my bicep down as the arm bends in the process. I can redo some of the elastic strapping to raise the bicep

Strapping should be on the top inner side, this stops any length/movement issues, many add them to the wrong side, even some armor suppliers ;) 

for.png.6511f42afa26dfc45425e3b5d7d54f6d.png

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Strapping should be on the top inner side, this stops any length/movement issues, many add them to the wrong side

for.png.6511f42afa26dfc45425e3b5d7d54f6d.png

Yea I learned that a month ago, but thought I could run with the way I had it. :D I think if I want more mobility as well, I might have to increase the bicep circumference a bit and maybe take a few more mm off the forearm top edge. I've been working out a lot during the pandemic... -_-

• Like 2

Yep, as Glen said you've got the elastic in the wrong place. This is definitely making your situation a lot worse. Mobility isn't perfect at the best of times without creating other problems

Hope this sorts your problem!

• Like 2

Yup! Anytime I don't have to rewire, paint match, or resculpt something on the armor, I take it as a minor win. Restrapping is pretty low risk so I'm optimistic :) I realized I won't be break dancing in the suit, but I'm still questioning the suit's capabilities to reach the electronic switches in the chin of the helmet. Hopefully I don't have to move the switches, I like the bucket not being encumbered by wires to the torso. Wirefree is mobility.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

This is the video I used for where to put my forearm elastic, and its worked pretty well for me emoji106.png

Good luck mate

Easy when you got a whole roll of the good stuff.

N8J5IUn.jpg

Next step I think is to tighten up the bicep to bell, but I slightly fear in doing so, will cause the bell to pull more on the shoulder elastic. I double layered the shoulder elastic, but it has limits too. 'Have to strike a balance here I guess...

kicEaII.jpg

• Like 1

That was quick!!

Have you tried it on since changing the forearm elastic? If not I'd recommend doing that before changing anything else. You may find it's made enough of a difference. As you said, changing strapping is pretty painless and is reversible if needed (always a good thing!).

Not right or wrong, purely an observation...
I only connect my shoulder and bicep on the outside area (plastic to plastic, where you have). I don't have a connection on the inside (from elastic to inside of the bicep). It 'could' be that attaching in both places at the same time is restricting movement. Maybe not, but something to consider.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

That was quick!! emoji1.png

Have you tried it on since changing the forearm elastic? If not I'd recommend doing that before changing anything else. You may find it's made enough of a difference. As you said, changing strapping is pretty painless and is reversible if needed (always a good thing!).

Not right or wrong, purely an observation...
I only connect my shoulder and bicep on the outside area (plastic to plastic, where you have). I don't have a connection on the inside (from elastic to inside of the bicep). It 'could' be that attaching in both places at the same time is restricting movement. Maybe not, but something to consider.

Having it on the inside of the forearms most certainly helped. I guess depending on the day, how large my biceps are, mobility degrees would change. Trying it on right now, I can get my hand closer to my face, but there's still some pressure between plastics on the forearm and bicep. Having the bicep sit higher would reduce the pressure, and possibly allow me to flex my hand into my face. I want it to look natural however, because the soundboard controls are in the chin, I don't want to be struggling to speak LOL

The inner bell strap helps the bicep from separating from the bell. Without it, flexion of the arms would cause the bicep to pop out from the bell. I have seen some other troopers with a similar solution, and I definitely like it.

• Like 1

Man I definitely use the help to get suited especially after having a bad shoulder. I'm lucky enough to have done a few troops with the same trooper who knows my kit well and basically just helps me out a little bit to get situated. 

• Like 2

Really glad its getting there. Hopefully a few small tweaks and it'll be enough to do what's needed

The inner bell strap helps the bicep from separating from the bell. Without it, flexion of the arms would cause the bicep to pop out from the bell. I have seen some other troopers with a similar solution, and I definitely like it.

Everyone is built different so if it works for you then keep doing it!

43 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Really glad its getting there. Hopefully a few small tweaks and it'll be enough to do what's needed emoji1696.png

Everyone is built different so if it works for you then keep doing it! emoji106.png

Looks like I hit my reaction limit for today, but thumbs up.

I'm able to get dressed solo now! Yay! 

I feel like I've just hijacked this thread... lol 

I can bend my arms quite a bit now, but man it's hard to reach under the helmet chin. No matter how high the bicep is, once the forearm touches the bicep, the forearm gets pushed towards my wrist, locking it, effectively hamstringing my finger dexterity. 

I guess I'll sleep on it; maybe some solution will reveal itself, it always does. :) Thanks all!

If its useful to you then you can be sure it'll be useful to someone else too, so no worries!

Best advice I can find for now would be live in it as it is for a little while, and keep trying the armour on. You may find twisting your arms or your armour in a particular way gives you the reach you need.

If you still find that you can't do what's needed then we can try and find other ways together

• Like 1