Revvek’s ANOVOS TK upgrades (stunt)

Revvek

I think it's time to open a thread here about my newly acquired Anovos TK suit. this is a factory assembled ensemble that lived in someone's garage for years.

Now it's mine and I WILL be putting it into service soon I hope. 

still has the plastic on much of it.

nTuhS0Wh.jpg

yzOdyGPh.jpg

only a few soft goods missing, and 1 hand plate.

Parts:

Armor - Anovos pre assembled Ensemble

Helmet - Included

helmet fans - TroopaCoola

Under-suit - black compression skirt and pants off internet...

Neckseal - Geeky Pinks or Anovos (have both)

Belt - included (plan to replace, but as yet not ordered)

Gloves - Joseph Pedigo

Hand Plates - Joseph Pedigo

Boots - Crowprops

Voice Amp - TRamp

E-11 Blaster - TroopaCoola JMC      Follow that build here Revvek’s E-11 [TroopaCoola JMC] blaster build

Edited by Revvek
Added parts notes and URL to blaster build log
  • Like 3

First up I did some sorting and pre assembly to see how things fit tother. 

V1fPPaSh.jpg

furry critter not included.

VnKfn4mh.jpg

Then I made sure the arms were sorted left and right. (not assembled like this, just showing the items I put together for 1 arm)

xQmnrLFh.jpg

I think the mesh is not correct on these?

bipevj9h.jpg

Got storage!

SMcKB17h.jpg

Nice score. Correct the mesh is too fine, you want to paint white on the inside and also the rims of the hovis too.

You may want to clean up the paint on the frown too as Anovos helmets usually have some paint on the gums.

• Like 3

I'll have to check the gums.

I know I want to clean up the eyes, and the padding and some of the other stuff inside needs to be redone, as the heat made the glues start to weaken or fail. 

one Hovi fell off as well. need to find the proper size mesh... 

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, Revvek said:

one Hovis fell off as well. need to find the proper size mesh... 

These threads could be of help 

Frown references 

• Like 1

Here are some images of my Helmet. It's a lot more asymmetrical than I ever expected.

Paint seems ok to me.

cEk1My9h.jpg

I knew they are, but wow.

HuxaiiGh.jpg

Maybe need to adjust the brow a little?

EW562Qeh.jpg

QXlUiBHh.jpg

definitely need to work on the inside.

3mXOjePh.jpg

and I'm going to clean up the eyes a bit. The overly sloppy cutting bugs me. (this is for up close public viewing not movie background)

nvXZkWLh.jpg

QeXDJC7h.jpg

• Like 2

Looks nice Steve! I also have an Anovos kit that came with a pre-built helmet.  You are ahead of the game a little with the rest of your kit being pre-made but don't let that stop you.  I hadn't seen one lined on the inside of the armor before, that's is interesting to me.

You're Brow is fine with the length but the inside of the helmet you will definitely want to address the padding situation. I too didn't like the way they did the eyes and cleaned them up as well. You may also want to double check the screws they used on the ears. They should be V shaped counter sunk screws but it doesn't look like that is what they used in your picture.

Glen has already given some good tips on the frown.  A few of the teeth look like they just turn the corner onto your gums. I used a toothpick and some Goo Gone to go back and forth over that corner to clean them up. 

Edited by Hesikaya
  • Like 1

I didn't find that EIB thread yet. thanks.

I don't know yet if this Anovos will ever be able to be Centurion or not. and I've been finding things that will need work just to be ok with me.

like the huge gap and poor alignment of the ends of the front of the left thigh...

pLU8q6Yl.jpg

the right looks ok, could be a hair tighter. I don't have any trimmings to use for fixing things, and people say Anovos used different white.

S3aQ5cHl.jpg

the back is splitting, but that should be easy to fix.  

x5Pxr1zl.jpg

the thing did live in a box in a hot garage or something for years. I think some of needs 

like this lower leg that seems squished front to back. Hot water shaping sounds like the solution, but how to boil enough to do it is a big question for me at the moment.

tSkSzpJl.jpg?1

Edited by Revvek

On 6/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, Revvek said:

I don't know yet if this Anovos will ever be able to be Centurion or not. and I've been finding things that will need work just to be ok with me.

It will. My Anovos has been to L3 and back 4 times. Just takes time and attention to detail - the things you mentioned are all pretty standard for Anovos, prebuilt or not.

On 6/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, Revvek said:

I don't have any trimmings to use for fixing things, and people say Anovos used different white.

Hot water shaping sounds like the solution, but how to boil enough to do it is a big question for me at the moment.

It looks like you still have the return edge on the inside of your thighs, as well as full return edges at the backs of your knees - I would chop that out and save the shavings to make ABS slurry to fill the gaps!

I would also consider peeling the interior liners back (or removing altogether) and adding underside cover strips from a sheet of ABS - that's a standard on my builds now and adds tons of strength without much weight (and makes assembly easier). Use E6000 and lots of clamps/neodymium magnets. 

As to the hot water bath, you might get away with filling your bath rub or a storage bin with the hottest water you can get out of your tap, then adding a pot or two of boiling water to that to soak the parts in. Or buy/borrow a tall stock pot - you can find them at restaurant supply stores or online. It's a slow process, so be patient and don't overdo it. Good luck!

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

sampling new mesh for the tips.

this #14 mesh seems good, but has some #16 driving to compare to soon.

eoHc9HUl.jpg

will have to sort out how to bend it to fit once I choose the size.

also glued the flexible hand plates to the gloves!

Kncsu0Nl.jpg

and I used a round shipping tube to give them a solid slightly curved surface from inside, to avoid fingers causing wrinkles... 

erSUJBVl.jpg

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Revvek said:

will have to sort out how to bend it to fit once I choose the size.

May be this can help. It's a tip I think I saw somewhere here in the forum and made my own version.

With Anovos Hovi mic tips I have removed the mesh with a knife, screwdriver and plier

I have used a marker cap and a rubber hammer 

wxbkY7m.jpg?1     3bWXOLq.jpg?1

8tGWpve.jpg?1

• Like 2

First up

my gloves are a success!

aprxYS7l.jpg

Next, I decided to try my hand at making a custom Mesh press tool set. used PLA with High infill. (these will not last as PLA for more than a few times)

HRHgXQkl.jpg

But it worked! Though, I discovered a minor flaw in my design once I got to this stage. 

I should have made the top and bottom both square, to facilitate keeping the top and bottom aligned when in the vice. (it was a bit harder to keep the round part centered over the hole)

tpNyQNcl.jpg

I've made some minor adjustments to the tool model, but this one lasted and worked well enough for this time. 

I'm going to go with the Left one (they are not the same, but close). Got some input from an expert who agrees with my choice.

LEFT:  #16 stainless mesh.                                  RIGHT:  #14 stainless mesh

ABdJwnTl.jpg

next up, paint the inside white and figure out how to glue these in without getting it all over everything..

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Update completed

sg7oNkFl.jpg

now to dismantle the helmet and clean it up.

probably paint inside with black plastiDip.

this thing was not put together very cleanly...

this tape just isn't sticky on the mesh side, and the few dots of hot glue came loose as well. 

iZZWAr6l.jpg

good thing they had thick foam over these screws of face ripping. (rusty ones at that)

They should be replaced with countersunk type heads?

xH64Iz9l.jpg

the are flat head, but where hidden under the black stuff covering up the rest of the less than even trimming job.

LkzJUwpl.jpg

mUSnP6pl.jpg

I guess I can't really clean that up, since the covering is already cut to fit this size opening. and it hides it for the most part. but also hides these screws? is that ok?

Edited by Revvek

Nice work. Normally the screws are a little higher up, the other issue is they are the wrong type of screw, they should be like this. 

1RxBYVY.jpg?2

Note:   The recommended screw head size is #6/32 (7mm), with a length between 3/4" to 1" (17 to 25mm).

For Level 3, all ear screws must be "..slotted, flat-topped, countersunk and painted white".  

ayl1VHO.jpg?1   VtBLiIO.jpg?2

DaveMANH08.jpg.ba8b8987514d1467a43a5871ec8bd110.jpg

If you were going for higher level approval I personally would use some ABS to fill those holes (if they are covered you wouldn't need to fill) and reposition the screws higher.

LFL_Storm_Stunt02.jpg

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi,

In the case of Anovos Helmets , it goes into the S trim almost covering the screws.. :salute:

if I can sort out how to hide the holes, I could move the screws up a bit... 

Edited by Revvek

8 minutes ago, Revvek said:

if I can sort out how to hide the holes, I could move them up a bit?

23 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

1RxBYVY.jpg?2

Note:   The recommended screw head size is #6/32 (7mm), with a length between 3/4" to 1" (17 to 25mm).

For Level 3, all ear screws must be "..slotted, flat-topped, countersunk and painted white".  

I don't currently have any proper ABS to fill the holes... its Anovos white...  I probably will get some if I dismantle and trim some of the other parts for better fit.

I'm tempted to go with 1/2" screws honestly. 

• Like 1

Finally got some help to try and fit the body parts. 
the front seems to fit ok. 
dLAR3Hsl.jpg

but we have a problem in the back! 
a gap…

2cMsnZ3l.jpg?1

not entirely sure how to solve this just yet….

oh and while the right thigh was sitting off to the side (as I’m trying to remove the cover strip so I can close up the gaps in it, it dawned on me, the knee boxes are on upside down…)

hD1HifEl.jpg?1

I’m not overly impressed with the strapping and over all construction of this pre assembled Anovos ensemble Kit…

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1

I recall reading about a hot water bath to help bend the shoulder tabs up a bit, so this would sit better on taller people.

hmmm. where was that….

Edited by Revvek
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, Revvek said:

I recall reading about a hot water bath to help bend the shoulder tabs up a bit, so this would sit better on taller people.

hmmm. where was that….

Hi, I think this thread about the same issue could be helpful 

:salute:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi, I think this thread about the same issue could be helpful 

:salute:

yes, I think this may be just what I need to try. it's similar to what I read before, but it think that writeup was done by Ukswrath.

Edited by Revvek

In the back photo it's a bit hard to see the top but from that angle it does look a little high, you may be able to adjust the strapping and bring it down a bit.

2cMsnZ3l.jpg?1