TK 24881 reporting for duty

Hi everyone,

My name is Tim and today I proudly became part of the 501st Legion with the UK Garrison. 

Like many, my story starts in my childhood when I first saw A New Hope and so began my fascination with the Stormtrooper. For a lifetime I’ve been obsessed with the helmet and always wanted one but it wasn’t until I read Anthony Daniels book, ‘I am C-3PO’, where he referenced the 501st. Learning there was a community of like-minded people, all over the world, with the same passion and enthusiasm for such an iconic movie character, I knew I had to join. Well now, that day as arrived. 

My journey…

One positive out of the pandemic has been my ability to save money. Whilst I did this, FISD has been crucial to my research and I’m really glad I took the time to do this so I was confident that I was making the right choice for me. I made the decision to have a commission-build with RS Prop Masters. For me, I just don’t have the confidence to do the work myself so this was the ideal option. On top of that, their direct linage to an original suit, their attention to detail to create a screen accurate replica, warts and all, was a no brainier for me. They truly are world class in my opinion and I’d recommend them to anyone. 

Special thanks…

I’ve had a lot of really valuable advice and suggestions here on this forum but I must thank gmrhodes13 whose regularly responded to my many questions. I would also like to thank Rich330 a.k.a. Richie Stormtrooper (on YouTube). It was his videos that introduced this site, gave advice on where to buy good quality armour (and where not to buy). There are a lot more people so if I’ve missed you out, don’t be offended. 

I can’t tell you how much of a dream come true this is. I look at myself in the mirror, with the full armour on and it’s the most fantastic feeling. I’m a Stormtrooper. A real one and I cannot wait to get out there trooping. 

Tim 

TK 24881

UK Garrison 

2F2591C1-C82F-49BC-99C5-26A358588A9C.jpeg

• Like 6

Congrats on your 501st approval, Tim!  Great looking set of armor there, sir, and now that you are an "Official" shiny white spaceman I hope you will consider (as Chemi mentioned) taking it to the next levels of screen accuracy!  If this is something that interests you, we are here to help every step of the way!

We also hope that you will continue to check in here on the boards when you have the chance to "pay it forward" and become part of our community!

• 3 weeks later...