My ANH Build.

ionicdesign

Got it all trimmed and stuff without too much issue. 

began sizing up things and gluing together.

TK_glue1.jpg 

My legs are larger than some so that was my main concern on fit. I hope to be able to have it decently done, but will need to pass on Centurion because I'm rather allergic to latex. 

I think I'll be ok, will have to see with some time walking when suited up. 
TK_glue2.jpg

The one major thing that was problematic on that version was the belt. I followed Ukswrath's removing of the armour pieces and took the belt apart to fix the extra hole. 
TK_Belt1.jpg

After doing so was curious about the extra bit of Velcro on the end. 
TK_Belt2.jpg

After not finding any definitive notes about it, it was removed. 

I added in some thing to support it better and moved forward. 
TK_Belt3.jpg

• Like 2

Very nice so far.  I followed that same build that Tony documented so well and am happy he did.  Keep up the good work!

What was your belt fix?  It looks like you were able to strengthen the Anovos belt and reuse it?

• Like 1

On 6/14/2021 at 3:00 PM, ionicdesign said:

The one major thing that was problematic on that version was the belt. I followed Ukswrath's removing of the armour pieces and took the belt apart to fix the extra hole. 

After doing so was curious about the extra bit of Velcro on the end. After not finding any definitive notes about it, it was removed. 

I added in some thing to support it better and moved forward. 

Yea removing the ammo belt is a B. Looks like you did a great job :jc_doublethumbup:

The extra velcro on the left side of the belt was to help support the holster area

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hesikaya said:

Very nice so far.  I followed that same build that Tony documented so well and am happy he did.  Keep up the good work!

What was your belt fix?  It looks like you were able to strengthen the Anovos belt and reuse it?

Thank you and yes, for the moment I am using the Anovos Belt. Maybe replace in time but atm using it. 

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Yea removing the ammo belt is a B. Looks like you did a great job :jc_doublethumbup:

The extra velcro on the left side of the belt was to help support the holster area

Yeah, a right mess. :P 

I see that makes sense, I guess (added Velcro), but the Velcro is gone now, and the belt is fully supported. :)
It was rather tricky to drill that off was some very tight pink cement on there:

TK_BeltArmour.jpg    

It appears to fit decently well though with the reinforcement. 
TK_BeltFit.jpg

• Like 2

Looks great nice work.

Please keep in mind if you're using the belt for "Stunt" you might want to consult your garrison GML to see if they're ok with patching the upper holster holes (only the lower two are for Stunt). They should accept it at basic but some may call it out. That said, the belt itself will definitely have to be replaced for the higher levels of approval, if using it for stunt.

Yes, understood. They should indeed, and I have patched them cleanly and discretely. As an LMO I have followed along and as noted would like to go for lvl2; lvl3 is out because of a latex allergy, but I'll broach that when I've made other adjustments to the belt. Just working on standard approval atm. :)

I have the snap plates all together and ready to go for the shoulders and torso. 
TKSnaps1.jpg

TKSnaps2.jpg

TKSnaps3.jpg

TKSnaps4.jpg

TKSnaps6.jpg

TKSnaps5.jpg

Edited by ionicdesign
  • Like 1

• 11 months later...
On 6/17/2021 at 7:43 AM, TKSpartan said:

Coming along nicely  , keep it up. :jc_doublethumbup:

Thanks. I've been working on improving my Doopey Doo converted Hasbro Blasters. For any not familiar when drilling out the holes on the bottom left (where they put a stripe, for reasons??) be careful on the two closest to the trigger. There is a cross support there in the Hasbro  that can pull the drill out of alignment (and potentially mess up the hole). 

e_11Hasbro1.jpg

e_11Hasbro2.jpg

e_11Hasbro3.jpg

I'm also working on a pipe build, trying to sync up with good references and things. 

e_11PipeBuild.jpg

e_11PipeBuild1.jpg

e_11PipeBuild2.jpg

and alas the main kit is mostly assembled save some finishing details and fit things, but the calves just cannot fit my larger lower leg muscles, too tight. 

MCTK_Calves.jpg

MC_TKLeftCalf.jpg

MC_TKRightCalf.jpg

These are pinching my calf pretty badly and still not properly closed over; very uncomfortable. 

Any good suggestions on getting a touch more circumference so I can fit in there without harm to my lower legs? I can bridge in a little shim there, just want to make it agreeable and not harm the aesthetics of the kit if at all possible. 

Many thanks. 

Edited by ionicdesign
added E-11 images

Nice work. You could add some larger cover strips on the rear which should give you a little more room. Many find they need to do a hot water bath (or heat gun for experienced) to get the shin closing to lay flat.

I ended up doing away with the front hasbro barrel and swapping it for a drilled piece of pipe and T tracks, this also allows you to achieve the correct length and better lighting down the barrel

Af4POne.jpg

6jW75be.jpg

I see, thanks, yeah I've tried to get it to be flatter on the back (boiling water) but the problem is my calves are pushing out on top so I need a few cm or so more circumference there to safely wear. As noted here I'm being pinched a lot to have it where it is, so tips on viable ways to address that are much appreciated. 

Good tip on the blaster, thanks. Will continue with the pipe build and perhaps give that a try one of the Hasbros. What size pipe did you use @gmrhodes13 ?

3 hours ago, ionicdesign said:

Good tip on the blaster, thanks. Will continue with the pipe build and perhaps give that a try one of the Hasbros. What size pipe did you use @gmrhodes13 ?

Pipe we have down-under is a little different is sizing than that in the US from memory it was 42.1mm OD

• Like 1