ESB trooper bucket

Well after little over a week so of working on this and with alot of great Tips from TM

I am close to done with my ESB trooper bucket. Tell me what you guys think?

UjyAZqj.jpg

cVjbCAm.jpg

5rG1YRq.jpg

G2MF5OE.jpg

Not 100% sure but i may need to cut the eyes down some more to match the ESB trooper better. But i dont want to over cut ;)

p3D6bqW.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13
photos updated gmrhodes13 2021

For my taste I'd like the rubbed off area on the left tube to be a little smaller/subtler. And yeah, I can see about the eyes.

Still, it looks more like something that came from LFL archives and is the best ESB I've seen to date. I'd like to see more people following in your footsteps - this is a very under-represented version of the TK and IMHO I suspect it's due to lack of a role model of how good it can be.

Outstanding work! :D

Outstanding work mate. i agree with tk8020 on the faux HDPE exposure on the tube but it seems such a small quibble compared to the overall look of authenticity.

i love the whole grimey nature of "accurate" screen accurate lids.

am i jealous? you betcha!!

Looks great Chazz...really nice :D

I would still trim the eyes right back with almost no 'flash' showing in the sockets but other than that it's spot on!Here's a pic of my ESB replica of the same helmet that I said I'd show you :P

PX3zQPQ.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Thanks TM for the pics i was waiting forever for you to e-mail them to me :P I will gett on cutting open the eyes even more, also when i painted the cracking on the tube of the ESB trooper i was doing it from memoire My GF was on my comp so i couldnt check the picture to make sure i wasnt over doing it :( when i got a chance to Give it a look over it was to late and i had over done it and made the weathing way to big :6: I would to take some better shots of this helmet to show off all the work i put into it, But it's always hard to show off when the troopermaster has his helmet posted LOL :D

If not for TM odds are i would have done a idealised ESB trooper. It was my frist shot at weathering a helmet i think i did ok but i'm not to over all pleased with the outcome i will just have to try harder next time ;)

If anyone would like a walk threw on how to do this i say ask TM he's the man i bug the hell out of when ever i have a trooper question he's lucky i dont have his phone number :lol:

If anyone would like a walk threw on how to do this i say ask TM he's the man i bug the hell out of when ever i have a trooper question he's lucky i dont have his phone number :lol:

Yeah your a real pain in the butt plate sometimes :lol: (j/k)

Chazz your helmet looks great and will look even better with the eyes trimmed back.Mine is weathered exactly the same as the original and has since lost more paint here and there as it is peeling off.I just touch up the areas with more beige and make it look more weathered.Get some more pics up mate,I for one would love to see them and I'm sure others would too :D

Oh no!!!....... Speed dial :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Got some time in on my ESB repainted the teeth and opend up the eyes more, still on the hunt for better brow trim, also Polish the hell out of it to give it a bit of a gloss but still a dirty look to it.

4mNhclb.jpg4RBoNBq.jpgQGaCDbP.jpg

Edited by gmrhodes13

Well today i got lucky and found some extra Accurate brow trim in one of my old boxes and replaced what i had on it befor and it has made a world of difference.

Ua2Zztn.jpg

n3wQsBx.jpg

KjRWhEs.jpg

I made the woman wear it LOL

Edited by gmrhodes13

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some shots of my ESB bucket on my armor i think it comes off well :) but let me know what you guys think.

ZSNblQ5.jpg

xHwLOxB.jpg

O5EaEOf.jpg

All i need is some ESB hand armor from TM and i can run around as an ESB trooper... wait i'll need a new belt and a right hand holster LOL :P

Edited by gmrhodes13

Looks awesome man!

You only need to wear the holster on the other side Chazz. The holster's are the same in both ANH and ESB just worn on the other hip. ESB hand guards are here waiting for you ;)

I know the holster for the ESB trooper go's on the other side, thats why i will need another belt i just rivited this one :)

as soon as i get payed i will have to pick up some of your hand guards :D can i have some free armor to go with it :lol:

Simply outstanding! Report to Lord Vader immediately to prepare the occupation of Bespin.

Thank god i was worryed i would be on the deathstar more troopers die there every year then on anyother battlefield in the galaxy :( lol