Ab Plate too big for a lightweight Trooper

So I have the Anovos kit all trimmed and cut and prepping for assembly.

I've glued the shoulder straps to the chest plate and those fit perfectly, snug to my chest.

but my ab plate, despite bending and trimming is still sticking out A LOT on my sides. What would be the fix for this? Or do I leave as is and just deal with rattling around inside it?

Pics in the google drive link

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17xIkbLvA81MZQv-eJDgIUtY9CE5WmiEh?usp=sharing

Perhaps use an online image host like imgur, once uploaded you can just copy the "direct link" into your post

• Like 1

Glen is spot-on.  Posting a photo or two (or 3) really is worth a thousand words.  I'm sure we can get you sorted out, but seeing what it looks like while you are wearing it will help us immensely.

Not sure how much I have to offer or why people are reluctant to open the drive folder, but the perspective of the pictures, while it does show the gap, doesn't show much else. Shouldn't there be kidney pieces or something on the side that would help pull it in?

44 minutes ago, Moredhel said:

Not sure how much I have to offer or why people are reluctant to open the drive folder, but the perspective of the pictures, while it does show the gap, doesn't show much else. 

It's not a case of being reluctant to view off forum images, our forum is set up to use minimal image attachments so we advise people to use offsite free image hosting and copy those image links into their posts, if we added everyone single photo that everyone ever had our total storage space would be phenomenal and the cost prohibited. Using a free online image host is also used for build threads, questions threads and also pre approval, expert infantry and centurion applications, so it's a good practice to get into from the very start, hence why we advise people to use free image hosting form the get go.

Hope that explains it better.

Normally you will find that strapping will pull everything in, on some occasions I have had to heat and bend so ot conforms more. Trial fit with both ab and kidney and try to tape closed before attempting any bending.

I found also with my thin frame I had to add some foam behind the ab to help fill the gap, again depends on what armor make. You don't want to trim down too much as you will look to thin compared to the rest of the armor.