TK-46116 checking in

Hi,

Got clearance for my first outfit (esb tk) a week ago, and signed up for my induction troop on July 11th.

I'm a 46 year old (never) grown up, living in Cambridgeshire in the UK, working for the NHS, and I've wanted to be a part of the 501st for as long as I've known about it.

First got into Star Wars around the time ESB came out (was a little too young in '77), and was an avid figure collector as a kid (really wish I still had them!).

Initially couldn't decide on which outfit to build, but certain things led me to the esb tk. I'm vegan, which means for me I don't wear leather or animal products, and this makes certain outfits more difficult. Managed to find some tk suitable synthetic boots (from Asos in the UK), so good to go.

I'm 6'4" (193cm) and at the time was at the start of losing quite a lot of weight. Did my research and found that RWA did tk armour in XL, so that seemed a good bet. As the build went on I found that some of the parts were far too big, so swapped some parts out for standard size (back and butt), and some I managed to trim more than expected and make them fit (thighs, shins and forearms).

**Best advice I can give for those that may be a bit larger in one or more directions is to speak to the armour supplier before buying. You're not bothering them, and far better to take a bit of time and order the correct stuff at the start**

Mostly the build went well. Had a great UK armourer in Dan (CableGuy), and awesome help from several people here (special shout out to Joseph and Mario for help with the sniper knee). Speaking of which, had the usual headache with the sniper knee, and throughout the build I never had enough magnets or clamps.

My build took about 4 months, and about halfway through I started showing symptoms of work related stress, which has ended up in needing some time off work. Working on my armour (although stressful in itself at times) has given me something to focus on while at home, and has been pretty therapeutic.

Got a little bit more stress at the mo as I managed to break my thermal detonator while upgrading for EIB , so little bit of panic that it's got to be fixed before my induction in a months time, but I'm sure it'll be fine, right!?

Richa594c7a22fa1eaaa9563f286391b6dfc.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Looking Great Richard !!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  And Welcome to the Club of the Shiny White !!!  :smiley-sw013:

Great story and Yes!  being a space man has always a therapeutic retribution not only when building your own kit but when seeing the smiles on the little and no so little ones.

Looking forward for your next step to EIB  :salute:

• Like 1

Looking Great Richard !!  :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:  And Welcome to the Club of the Shiny White !!!  :smiley-sw013:

Great story and Yes!  being a space man has always a therapeutic retribution not only when building your own kit but when seeing the smiles on the little and no so little ones.

Looking forward for your next step to EIB  :salute:

Thanks, and thanks again for all the help.
Excited to put in for EIB, just desperately waiting on my new td parts

• Like 1

5 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Thanks emoji106.png
I'm still a month away from the first troop, and it can't come soon enough!

Oh yes, I was wrong with that.

So, as you still have a month left, this thread here might be useful for you...

• Like 1

Oh yes, I was wrong with that.
So, as you still have a month left, this thread here might be useful for you...
Thanks for the link. Perfect.
I've read something similar from UKG, but the differences are equally important, and the bit about hydration was really good.

• Like 1

Here is the legion's trooper survival guide https://databank.501st.com/databank/TrooperSurvivalGuide

• Like 1

Congratulations Richard and welcome aboard.  Also, growing up is a scam and a lie, don't do it.  Stay young forever.

• Like 1

Hi Richard,

looking very slick sir, congratulations on your approval and welcome to FISD!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Hi Rich,

looking forward to bumping into you ( literally probably. Lol) at a troop in the not too distant future. Although I’m only 5’6 tall so I’ll look like your key ring standing next to you.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Csefton said:

Hi Rich,

looking forward to bumping into you ( literally probably. Lol) at a troop in the not too distant future. Although I’m only 5’6 tall so I’ll look like your key ring standing next to you.

:laugh1::salute: