Can I dye canvas belt fabric?

Hey everyone

I have my canvas belt from AP which I am very pleased with, but would like to know if it possible to dye the belt fabric colour.  The belt is white and when I wear it, it's quite noticeable on how white it is compared to the ABS kit.  Other troopers have an off white canvas belts that blend in with the armour.  Is there a product that can dye the belt fabric to be off white colour, and is there a technique to dying fabric?

Would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks

That is an excellent question, and one I've not heard yet!  I am sure they make fabric dyes, but you may want to try a shoe whitener.  It's made for leather of course, but it should work.  I would do a test area on the back of the belt before tackling the front.

SoDc5hV.jpg?1

11 hours ago, Shinyarmour1 said:

Hey everyone

I have my canvas belt from AP which I am very pleased with, but would like to know if it possible to dye the belt fabric colour.  The belt is white and when I wear it, it's quite noticeable on how white it is compared to the ABS kit.  Other troopers have an off white canvas belts that blend in with the armour.  Is there a product that can dye the belt fabric to be off white colour, and is there a technique to dying fabric?

Would appreciate any and all advice.

Thanks

If the dying doesn't pan out you can also buy the belt off white from Kittle. You can find him on the "Ongoing Sales" page 

There are dye's out there which you can find mainly at haberdashery shops, really depends how much of a color variance you want, a cheap option would be to do a very light tea/coffee wash, just add a little of either tea or coffee to hot water and soak the belt.

• Like 1

Great suggestions guys, I'm still looking around for the dye.  I don't use paypal, so I can't get the kittle belt on the Ongoing Sales page.  The coffee/tea soaking sounds good, providing that the smell won't be too strong.  To be honest it would only be a small amount of coffee in a large bucket of water, not enough to smell like a walking espresso trooper lol.  I did have to remove some of my canvas belt to fit me better, so I have a test piece to use.  The only other alternative I thought of was to purchase a tin of Humbrol paint close enough to an off white colour.

Thanks for the ideas guys, greatly appreciated.