Help re-bending TD clips

Just got my basic clearance

Now going through changes I need to make for EI and Centurian levels.

I know I need to rotate my TD so that the front plate is at the correct angle, which then means I need to re-bend the belt clips so that the top of the TD is flush with the top of the belt.

Those of you that have re-bent your TD clips, what's the best method so that you don't snap the aluminium bar as its already been stressed?

Thanks,

Rich1185adbb67085025551a4fb9f55ffc84.jpg

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

This may be easier than you think, Richard.  Can you post up a pic showing a better profile of how the clip wraps around the TD and maybe a few other angles?  

6ah9fw1.jpg

Hi Joseph,

Here's a few pics.
I have asked Ross at RWA is he can make a couple of clips minus the bends for the belt (he can), but would be fab if I can modify this oneab693f406679eaab2ac660e89f04d572.jpg475a6284b6dc643330b9aa54ddd46a0c.jpg49c694af74d0cf87dba334d51caf1fb7.jpg9f2963d71e68e5f354f070e7d94bde94.jpg0f7c519a68d7a3fd99b866dae0b320b3.jpgfa280cb2fb9ff6750a0bf8e303f0c345.jpg4bb9ab33b5ebbd9511fa33c6ce7f34ce.jpg

Hi Richard,

Just in case, If I can make a suggestion for  "Plan C",    If you used E6000 to glue the TD panel, You could take the panel off , trim a bit the edge, as the image below and rotate it  to the new position .  This is what I did with a recent RWA Armor I built .

1Yt1oem.jpg

Reference Images

XlNKKrL.jpg?1  VeXjroO.jpg

:salute:

• Like 1

Hi Richard,

Just in case, If I can make a suggestion for  "Plan C",    If you used E6000 to glue the TD panel, You could take the panel off , trim a bit the edge, as the image below and rotate it  to the new position .  This is what I did with a recent RWA Armor I built .

1Yt1oem.jpg

Reference Images

That would be good, thanks!

I used gorilla glue clear contact adhesive, but it comes apart in a very similar way. Is there a measurement from the bottom of the moulded line or 'O' to the bottom edge of the panel?

8 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

I used gorilla glue clear contact adhesive, but it comes apart in a very similar way. Is there a measurement from the bottom of the moulded line or 'O' to the bottom edge of the panel?

As I know and searching into the gallery section I haven't found a measure detail. Mostly we use the to the reference images for an average location.

vuyshrT.jpg?2qjuTUQW.jpg    hoye3pt.jpg

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Richard,

1Yt1oem.jpg

Reference Images

On my RWA TD plate the distance between the red lines is 18mm, and the distance between the blue lines is 30mm.

Looking at this pic, even allowing for curvature, I reckon the distance between the blue lines is no more than 5mm more than between the red.

If so I should be able to safely shave 7mm off the bottom of my plate, which would go a long way to bring it in line.

Do you guys think my measurements sound OK?

XlNKKrLedit.jpg

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Do you guys think my measurements sound OK?

They make sense to me, Being conservative, You could try making a paper mold over the plastic before trimming and compare how it looks. :salute:

• Like 1

No worries, it's not the worst that could happen. I can use the old one to get the correct dimensions making the new one easier to get right. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn, right?

There are no induction events scheduled in the UK yet anyway, so I may as well use this time to go for the advanced levels (and document my mistakes along the way)

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

No worries, it's not the worst that could happen. I can use the old one to get the correct dimensions making the new one easier to get right. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn, right? emoji1.png

I think the same as you Richard. Great attitude Trooper!!  keep  up the great work!  :jc_doublethumbup:  

• Like 1

There is no specific measurement, try to emulate references, you can work out from this image the measurement is less than 1/4 or the pipe diameter 

gallery_12157_51_33329.thumb.jpg.e00b926ac8077a3bf79f004686ee8abe.jpg

Here is the gallery for detonator images

• Like 2

Thanks
Was trying to work out if it's possible to trim the clip where it meets the plate to allow the tube to be rotated bringing the plate to the correct position for higher levels

24 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Quick question re the metal clips themselves....

Is there a specified or desired distance between the two holes on each clip?

Hi Richard, as Glenn pointed correctly, there's no an specific measured distance mentioned in the crl , however , the reference images  shows a good idea of where they should go.

I would suggest to mark with some non permanent marker the position you think they would go and compare with the references.

5h9TTSY.jpg

VoclqHR.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Richard, as Glenn pointed correctly, there's no an specific measured distance mentioned in the crl , however , the reference images  shows a good idea of where they should go.

I would suggest to mark with some non permanent marker the position you think they would go and compare with the references.

5h9TTSY.jpg

VoclqHR.jpg

Ok, cool. Thanks

• Like 1