Requesting pre approval please

I am just waiting on my pics to be taken in my TK armour, so i will start by uploading pics of the other bits and pieces. 

E-11 blaster, Helmet, Boots, Thermal detonator, Neck Seal. 

- regarding the E-11, i just need to put the counter numbers in. 

TIA.

6cb188462bafe70b83cae5de3d96020f.jpg

9a74823c8e19efe9d7f5b409f7d6628a.jpg

416d2fe947c469c0258fba4c2a3796e0.jpg

cd69816deda03a7a46ea25105f1b9971.jpg

neck.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work so far, just make sure you don't have any weathering on the T tracks or handle/grip as these were black plastic and would not have any metal weathering.

Looking forward to seeing your kitted up photos. 

• Like 1

Ideally all of the recess area should be painted in your traps, you have a lot of white remaining

9e4d03b4ae6cfdf8c0a1ceab96e38050.jpg

References

DaveMANH08.jpg.5b0646020efda0bf7c51c621bd5fb8e7.jpgLFL_Storm_Stunt03.thumb.jpg.ab4a05fb37ec15f45bcb7c5277787ebf.jpg

Inside of your hovi's (mic tips) should be white and you can add some white to the rims. Could be the images but looks like your lenses have quite a big gap in the sides.

536409a89ce2d1061505e3ebcad0ed68.jpg

LFL_Storm_Stunt01.thumb.jpg.d6e31cba84689f042cac6d1b12d8cc81.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks for the feedback.

I'll look at getting the paint and Hovi's sorted. :duim:

Also, the lenses don't have a gap at the sides, it seems the reflections make it look that way. May have to get another photo in a different light.

This is the first time I have suited up. These aren't clearance photos, just some quick pics to get some feedback and advice.

Apologies for the poor lighting and kids toys!

Thanks in advance. 118dcf0e0508b20d56027e10981261e6.jpg9621c1a5fc1c724cd2eb3a3809af97d1.jpg23264a0e9db508c07e1e2d112167fb4b.jpg3febb1896928099b1dfab792dd729647.jpg96e65c57ac322c8a5a859d8fa1e06c7f.jpg5f31ce8fe865c00f8931d3f0f1e955a8.jpg9dab6c930703d666a256776bde54aba1.jpg3985d7a360102904cdcf755db8c20590.jpgaeb0aa880a7f9e3ba610b8dfeceba955.jpg

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Nice work, for application photos make sure the area is well lit and try to have a blank background, makes it easier for your GWL to edit photos for your membership profile.

You may want to try doubling over the elastic between your ab and kidney as you have a bit of a gap there.

K0dBed7.jpg?1  0y5NexF.jpg?1

Drop boxes should align with the end of the plastic belt section.

JuwSduC.jpg?1  vo0s2dK.png?1

Belt could come up a little

8XAwYOf.jpg?1  Nvimd6R.jpg?1  N8trEfM.jpg?1

Looks like your shoulder strap has a kink in the middle of it, your backplate is a little higher than the chest, may want to bring your chest up a little so they match and this would allow the shoulder strap to lay flatter.

96e65c57ac322c8a5a859d8fa1e06c7f.jpg

Butt plate is just being pushed back a little, you could try tighter strapping or add some V tabs to help keep it in line.

Very big gap between the ab and kidney on this side, you may want to add some kidney shims to reduce this gap. Although gap for basic is not requested it is for higher levels Any gap between the abdomen and kidney armor is no more than 1/2" (12.5mm) wide

Also note your bicep is sitting outside your shoulder bell, you may want to reduce the strapping between them to hold them up or if you haven't you could add bicep hooks

9dab6c930703d666a256776bde54aba1.jpg DSCN1050.JPG

With a heat gun (or oven) you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

A few adjustments and you should be good to go.

• Like 2

Just to make one comment and it’s just what I get the guys here to do is remove the printing on the thermal detonator, make sure you have someone with experience help with kitting up a few times and especially for photos. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Great news trooper, congratulations and welcome to the ranks, you can request higher access here: 

• Like 1

Once approved you can request higher access here

On your forum you should be issued higher access too which should allow you to see member only sections and trooping/event info.

You can also sign up on the legion forums, lots to read there, merch does come up from time to time to, although levels have dramatically dropped since LFL restrictions. https://www.501st.com/forum/index.php

Troopers Survival Guide is also a good read https://databank.501st.com/databank/TrooperSurvivalGuide

Then GET OUT AND TROOP, well when you can do it safely ;) 

Read up on the EIB and Centurion requirements and have a think about aiming for those levels of clearance.

Most importantly have fun, try not to be pulled into legion politics, a downhill slide that can be ;) 

HAVE FUN and MAKE PEOPLE SMILE, not hard to do. 

• Like 2

5350779a224eba71b41850b9f4aa1f3d.jpg

Just a suggestion (won't affect any level of clearance, I think)...

Pop a bit of Velcro (the soft side) of the back of your td clips. It'll stop the metal scratching your plastic armour.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Just a suggestion (won't affect any level of clearance, I think)...

Pop a bit of Velcro (the soft side) of the back of your td clips. It'll stop the metal scratching your plastic armour.

Nice one Rich, I reckon I may just do that.

What you reckon I should use to get that lettering print off the TD? I was thinking some very fine grade sandpaper.....but I don't wanna scratch it up.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

What you reckon I should use to get that lettering print off the TD? I was thinking some very fine grade sandpaper.....but I don't wanna scratch it up.

Can't speak from experience as I didn't need to remove any print on mine. But, I suspect any grade of sandpaper is going to leave scratches that are going to be a to remove. Hopefully someone with experience can say more, but I'm thinking either something like t-cut (gently) or a solvent like white spirit to see if it dissolves the print, maybe even gently with brasso(?). Whatever you do go gently and sparingly!!!

As with anything, test on a small, not visible section first, an offcut would be perfect, and ideally hang on to see if anyone else has ideas first.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, damojamo1979 said:

What you reckon I should use to get that lettering print off the TD? I was thinking some very fine grade sandpaper.....but I don't wanna scratch it up. emoji848.png

I would try using the corner of a soft cloth dipped in mineral spirits.  BUT, if you do end up having to sand it I would use a super fine grit paper.  If it leaves a light scratched looking area I wouldn't worry too much, as that area is not visible when wearing it and I wouldn't ding that for higher levels.  ;) 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

I would try using the corner of a soft cloth dipped in mineral spirits.  BUT, if you do end up having to sand it I would use a super fine grit paper.  If it leaves a light scratched looking area I wouldn't worry too much, as that area is not visible when wearing it and I wouldn't ding that for higher levels.  ;) 

Nice one Joseph, thanks for the feedback. I'll have a bit of a practice on an offcut with some really fine paper first, see how it looks. 

I've got plenty to be getting on with before that anway.

Appreciate all this help guys.

• Like 1

There are also other types of products available, we have one here called Goo Gone, removes sticky residue, labels and also works on print from PVC pipe. I did try a little solvent once but it melted the pipe a little. 

With sanding any paint you want to be careful not to scratch the area too much, it's hard work but using fine sandpaper is best, here is a general guide to polishing paint, you can also find a lot of videos on the subject on youtube.

https://www.wikihow.com/Wet-Sand-a-Car

• Like 2