MintImperial’s Newbie WTF TK Build

MintImperial

BUTT LOCKS.

Yeah, I said it.

Because my kidney plate is trimmed quite slim, my butt plate has a tendency to pop out.

Think this is called “trooper butt”, is that right?

So I’ve created some tabs & slots to lock my butt plate into place using some small strips of ABS and a heating iron.

No idea if this is going to work until it’s all glued into place.

But the beauty of E6000 is I can always remove it if it doesn’t work.

52703124573_79b972af05_o_d.jpg

52703064760_992e050e4c_o_d.jpg

52703124463_410ae80196_o_d.jpg

52702113322_43c391a358_o_d.jpg

52702890369_46f923797d_o_d.jpg

Waiting for the butt tabs to cure overnight before aligning the kidney slots tomorrow.

Edited by MintImperial
so many typos
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, Armor9 said:

I like this idea, but I've got an edge on my kidney and butt plate so this wouldn't work for me, but I do like it.  

I’m sure Glen @gmrhodes13 will be along shortly and show an alternativ B)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, TheSwede said:

I’m sure Glen @gmrhodes13 will be along shortly and show an alternativ B)

I considered the V but I felt my particular problem needed something more like this.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, MintImperial said:

I considered the V but I felt my particular problem needed something more like this.

You will find the V clips do still allow some movement when bending over, having a slotted tab may constrict the movement, but worth having a try.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

You will find the V clips do still allow some movement when bending over, having a slotted tab may constrict the movement, but worth having a try.

I can totally see how that would be so.

While I don’t want to restrict movement, my issue is that the sides also drop down like in the photoshopped demonstration below.(Somehow I’ve never taken a photo of it actually happening. I had it held in place with gaffer tape inside.):

52703892614_cbd8c54634_o_d.jpg

I’ll try it again with my new tabs in place to see if it still does this but my guess is it will.

With WTF armour having the kidney and butt in one mould, they have barely any return edge once separated,

so the V clip would have nothing to grab onto.

10 hours ago, MintImperial said:

I can totally see how that would be so.

While I don’t want to restrict movement, my issue is that the sides also drop down like in the photoshopped demonstration below.(Somehow I’ve never taken a photo of it actually happening. I had it held in place with gaffer tape inside.):

52703892614_cbd8c54634_o_d.jpg

I’ll try it again with my new tabs in place to see if it still does this but my guess is it will.

With WTF armour having the kidney and butt in one mould, they have barely any return edge once separated,

so the V clip would have nothing to grab onto.

OK. So this is an actual photo taken today. Not photoshopped.

52703774667_e317ec3b4a_o_d.jpg

That is the issue with the tabs and no return edge, they can move up and down, personally I would think you could do with adding tight elastic on the ends of the kidney/posterior and that should help, that's what I have used on multiple sets of armor

EbBPELJ.png  gCrQTwb.jpg

• Like 2

On 2/23/2023 at 5:11 AM, gmrhodes13 said:

That is the issue with the tabs and no return edge, they can move up and down, personally I would think you could do with adding tight elastic on the ends of the kidney/posterior and that should help, that's what I have used on multiple sets of armor

EbBPELJ.png  gCrQTwb.jpg

Thanks, as always, Glen.

Love that zombie TK!

With the elastic I already have in place, the butt locks seem to be holding up quite well.

I’m going to put in for basic pre-approval first as it’s been 2 years and I really won’t to join the 501st.

If it’s all good for basic then I’ll make other necessary changes asap afterwards for the higher levels.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

I’m so happy to be a part of this community now with a TK ID of my own.

(Thank you for all your guidance.)

But now I want to continue the long Imperial March towards EIB and, eventually (hopefully), Centurion.

I have a question about the snaps connecting the cloth belt to the ab plate.

I heard somewhere that the snaps need to be positioned at a certain place on the belt even though they’ll never be seen.

Is this correct?

On my old belt, which I am now replacing with a thinner and more accurate one,

the snaps weren’t centred horizontally but they hold my belt at exactly the height I feel it should be.

If I have to centre the snaps I’ll need to drill out and reinstall the male parts on my ab plate.

So, is all that necessary for the higher levels?

Am about to put snaps onto new belt.

Position of snaps on back of original belt.

52761839125_c947b302ce_o_d.jpg

Height of original belt

52707240330_9592092bd0_o_d.jpg

Edited by MintImperial

7 hours ago, MintImperial said:

So, is all that necessary for the higher levels?

Am about to put snaps onto new belt.

Hi James for higher levels ,( Centurion) we look for the correct position of the belt not the snaps

CRL for Centurion Level :"The top of the ABS ammo belt should sit at or just above the bottom of the central and vertical abdomen button panels."

This look ok  .

WVK3zdC.jpg

References

oSsuucN.jpg?1   TqNDcWK.jpg?1 

• Like 1