MintImperial’s Newbie WTF TK Build

MintImperial

Where I am with my armour right now:

Still lots of things to fix, including lowering my forearms a little.

The WTF shoulder bells are a bit short so I may end up with more black showing at the elbows than I would want.

But it’s probably better than showing too much glove at the wrists.

52667269543_e3922a6dde_o_d.jpg

Looking good, I agree with your own review, apart from the biceps, I don't think you will want to lower them any further, if you do they will easily pull out from under the shoulder bells and catch.

Many use bicep hooks to keep the biceps at the right level that way you can keep them low but not allowing them to slip out, not sure if you have them, some info here

3352338836_b716fcc43b_b.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks again fellas.

I meant to say that I will look at lowering the forearms to create a bigger gap at the elbow (reluctantly)

to close up the gap above the gloves. Especially the left forearm.

I’m happy with the bicep position. It’s already as low as it can go. (And is already on a hook.)

Sorry if I wasn’t clear.

Edited by MintImperial
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, MintImperial said:

Just a quick recap on my E-11 from Kassaraptor.

I had originally planned to install TRamp’s amazing BlastFX in it but I’ve somehow managed to short it somewhere while doing some soldering, so I’ll have to send it back to Paul to get fixed.
In the meantime I’ve ripped the light & sound guts out of a Disney Parks Stormtrooper Blaster that I got from Tokyo Disneyland and have installed those parts instead.

It’s still a work in progress.

52671289670_4d65584e8b_o_d.jpg

52670354397_debb6378a1_o_d.jpg

52670856401_2fce788d43_o_d.jpg

52671149589_055c700e2e_o_d.jpg

52670854031_3c23f6c8ea_o_d.jpg

52670853486_1ab202f131_o_d.jpg

The electronics I stole from my Disney Parks blaster and installed temporarily into my Kassaraptor E-11:

52671353798_291644a82e_o_d.jpg

52671289925_acce95a3ea_o_d.jpg

52670851961_9a6fd0ceb9_o_d.jpg

52671289855_e8c7dc1a11_o_d.jpg

52671353493_90e3d3697c_o_d.jpg

52671289725_2364ff887e_o_d.jpg

I've done on a few occasions ;) 

I have also used the electronics out of cheap toy blasters, they may not be as accurate but allows you to have some basic sound and lights at a low cost.

Just note if you are applying for higher levels you have to make sure additions can't be seen, like switches, I had to remove one, fill the hole, sand and paint for my L3 application ;) 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I've done on a few occasions ;) 

I have also used the electronics out of cheap toy blasters, they may not be as accurate but allows you to have some basic sound and lights at a low cost.

Just note if you are applying for higher levels you have to make sure additions can't be seen, like switches, I had to remove one, fill the hole, sand and paint for my L3 application ;) 

Thanks Glen. That’s really good to know. Didn’t realise that. :duim:

The plan is to ultimately switch out this temporary hack for BlastFX once I get it repaired.

The only switches in that will be the trigger, the Hengstler counter button, the selector switch and one more fitted under the mag release.

Nothing you wouldn’t normally see on a screen-used E-11.

• Like 1

Since the earliest times (my first ever post mentions trimming ears)

I’ve had a big gap in my left ear.

It’s never really bothered me because I felt it looked quite authentic.

But I wonder if it’s worth trying to fill with ABS paste.

Was thinking I could:

1. remove ear

2. lay aluminium foil down on the tube to take on its shape

3. put ear loosely back in place and fill gap with thick-consistency ABS paste.

4. remove ear, allow to dry, sand, replace.

Would that work?

51937275038_8204c09cfb_o_d.jpg

52677172754_438ef7b9e9_o_d.jpg

57 minutes ago, MintImperial said:

Since the earliest times (my first ever post mentions trimming ears)

I’ve had a big gap in my left ear.

It’s never really bothered me because I felt it looked quite authentic.

But I wonder if it’s worth trying to fill with ABS paste.

Was thinking I could:

1. remove ear

2. lay aluminium foil down on the tube to take on its shape

3. put ear loosely back in place and fill gap with thick-consistency ABS paste.

4. remove ear, allow to dry, sand, replace.

Would that work?

To me it looks good as it . As you said  more authentic

mhwW0Bs.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MintImperial said:

Would that work?

Probably would, but in my opinion not needed as the helmet looks great as is:duim: Looking at the pic Mario provided I would be tempted to raise the brow though ^_^ Totally just personal preference so just ignore me if you are happy with it :salute:

Edited by TheSwede
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Probably would, but in my opinion not needed as the helmet looks great as is:duim: Looking at the pic Mario provided I would be tempted to raise the brow though ^_^ Totally just personal preference so just ignore me if you are happy with it :salute:

Thank you both.

Funny. I’ve been a lifelong fan of the Hero helmet look. Lower brow = more menacing, etc.

But since I got into this armour-building project, I’ve learned to appreciate the Stunt brow so much more.

I actually have considered raising it in the time since I started but I worry it will mess up my ears now.

Not sure how much more I can carve off from the brow itself and reckon I’d have to tilt the faceplate relative to the cap & back.

Is this the case? Am I likely to give myself more headache about my ears?

Edited by MintImperial

2 hours ago, MintImperial said:

Is this the case? Am I likely to give myself more headache about my ears?

Tilting the face plate will increase or decrease the gap between the eyes/brim and brow, this also will increase or decrease the opening of the helmet, the room inside and of course ear positioning on the sides may move and need refitting, so make sure you check all of these before final fitment ;) 

My stunt helmet has pretty much the same gap as what you have, I wouldn't bother adjusting it, it's all a personal choice though :D 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MintImperial said:

Not sure how much more I can carve off from the brow itself and reckon I’d have to tilt the faceplate relative to the cap & back.

I’m not trying to persuade you BUT:laugh1:

In case you want to raise it some you can use a lexan scissor with a curve and cut…well 5mm or so without any danger of ruining the look. I didn’t even dissassamble my helmet for when I cut mine. I also cut mine with a slight curve. And…if you ever wan’t to go back to a lower brow you just pull down on the brow itself, it don’t need much ”grab” to stay in place. 

whatever makes you happy:duim:

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TheSwede said:

I’m not trying to persuade you BUT:laugh1:

In case you want to raise it some you can use a lexan scissor with a curve and cut…well 5mm or so without any danger of ruining the look. I didn’t even dissassamble my helmet for when I cut mine. I also cut mine with a slight curve. And…if you ever wan’t to go back to a lower brow you just pull down on the brow itself, it don’t need much ”grab” to stay in place. 

whatever makes you happy:duim:

I’ve actually already done that twice now!

Feel like I’ve pushed it as far as I can without repositioning everything, which I don’t think I want to do. :laugh1:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MintImperial said:

I’ve actually already done that twice now!

Feel like I’ve pushed it as far as I can without repositioning everything, which I don’t think I want to do. :laugh1:

In that case - carry on Trooper :salute:

• Like 1

As the others have said, your bucket already looks GREAT as-is! And so does your whole kit in general! I think you're spot on with just dropping the forearms a bit to even the bicep-forearm and forearm-handplate gaps. Are we gonna see a Pre-Approval post from you soon?!

:popcorn:

• Like 2

On 2/10/2023 at 2:35 PM, TheSwede said:
In that case - carry on Trooper :salute:

Having said that I did go and shave some brow off.

Looks more typical now. Though I may eventually settle for somewhere in between.

52680375632_0baa3bcff5_o_d.jpg
52680891196_c4865463a2_o_d.jpg

Edited by MintImperial
  • Like 1

As the others have said, your bucket already looks GREAT as-is! And so does your whole kit in general! I think you're spot on with just dropping the forearms a bit to even the bicep-forearm and forearm-handplate gaps. Are we gonna see a Pre-Approval post from you soon?!

default_popcorn.gif

Thank you so much for the compliment.
Still a few things to do. Mostly clean-up now.
So, fingers crossed, I’ll submit soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve repositioned the rear cover strip on my right thigh as it wasn’t straight enough before.

52681391803_be77cd5e77_o_d.jpg

I’ll need to trim the top off it now as the new angle makes the top sit out past the top of the thigh itself.

Edited by MintImperial
corrected typo

I’ve also filled the gaps between the thigh halves with ABS paste and sanded them down.

It’s not perfect. But I hope it’s good enough for approvals.

Especially the right front as it will be mostly covered by the ammo packs.

I may revisit it all later.

Front of right thigh:

52692436488_a80aa3ea40_o_d.jpg

52692213659_d110ba4bc0_o_d.jpg

52692436263_b2ab886241_o_d.jpg

While the above attempts with ABS paste aren’t perfect, I’m mostly happy with them.

Unlike the work I’ve done to fill in the notches on my kidney plate.

You can see that here in my other thread:

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/51058-1st-build-wtf-tk-issues-aligning-ab-kidney-plates-on-left/?do=findComment&comment=758220

Edited by MintImperial