Hello from Montana!

I am really just starting all of the research needed in order to understand everything there is to know. I am sucking everything in like a sponge, but it seems a bit daunting. I understand that the ANH armor was made to fit people 5’10” and about 165 lbs. Can anyone point me to affordable armor for me who is 5’11” and currently 260lbs? I do plan on losing some weight, but I just don’t want to be searching for small armor.

Thank you all in advance

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, BigSkyTrooper said:

I am really just starting all of the research needed in order to understand everything there is to know. I am sucking everything in like a sponge, but it seems a bit daunting. I understand that the ANH armor was made to fit people 5’10” and about 165 lbs. Can anyone point me to affordable armor for me who is 5’11” and currently 260lbs? I do plan on losing some weight, but I just don’t want to be searching for small armor.

Thank you all in advance

Hi Chris, Welcome to FISD, the very home of the shiny white. :salute:

Have you read this forum section yet?  also you may want to check this Post Compilation that can be so helpful.

Feel free to browse the forum and don't hesitate in asking any question you have. We are here to help.

:salute:

Hi Chris and welcome to the FISD!  I will tell you that research is key here.  The more you read then the more you learn.  I will tell you with your measurements you should be looking hard at AM armor.  You can contact Dave's Darkside Depot on facebook.  If you don't have facebook then you can PM Dave here on the forums under the name Triple D.  He is an awesome guy.  AM Armor is geared more towards the heavier trooper.  The set of armor gives you plenty of extra added plastic in the areas that you may need most.  Most sets of armor will fit anywhere between 34-36 inch waist but AM fits a much larger waist size.  If you have any other questions then don't be afraid to ask.

• Like 1

So just some ideas floating around my head. Has anyone tried to make the buttons work on the armor? The thermo pack on the back is about the same size a Jb Bluetooth speaker I was curious if it would be cool or even possible of using something like that to play sound FX and the imperial march music.

Hi Kris!  I have never personally heard of anyone making the buttons functional, but I suppose it could be done.  The amount of work would be staggering, though, and you would need a speaker system.  You mentioned putting it in the TD (thermal detonator) but that would require having an opening of some sort for the sound, and having that would more than likely prohibit Basic 501st approval for your armor.

Many of us use an Aker amp/speaker system to assist with talking and maybe it could be rigged into that somehow, but more research would be needed.

I will echo what Steve (starsaber25) mentioned about AM armor.  My HWT and Stunt armor are from Dave, and I have 50+ troops under my belt with no issues.  Great customer service as well!

Hello Kris, your best bet would be to Contact AM armor.  They make rather large armor.  I have built a kit and I had to size it down quite a bit to fit as my Anovos Does.  It will for sure fit you.  the 260 I dont know as I dont know how you carry your weight.  But all of the limbs are made to be sized to a rather large person.  Same with the torso.  And the armor is super thick and very nice quality and Dave is a super helpful person.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BigSkyTrooper said:

The AM armor sounds appealing but I am worried if I wanted to make the armor more ESB, the certification says AM armor chest and back won’t work.

Not true at all.  I know quite a few ESB AM armor builds.  The armor is spectacular and extremely well built and detailed and exactly  the same as the New Hope armor.  I built mine to be exact to my Anovos Build.  The ESB requires a different set of stickers on the helmet, the frown is black, the belt does not have rivet holes and the holster is a sling loop on the other side and the hand plates are different, of which AM carries all  the necessary parts.  The stickers, if they do not have them for the helmet, you can get from Trooperbay.  I am not sure what they are referring to regarding chest and back plate, and, I can guarantee you they are wrong.  Contact Dave at AM and he will guide you through it.  Very nice guy and excellent product. 

Finally let me just say this, I would not say it if I wasn't willing to back it up as well.  I know two other ESB builds at Centurion Level that are AM builds. 

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, equuspolo said:

Not true at all.  I know quite a few ESB AM armor builds.  The armor is spectacular and extremely well built and detailed and exactly  the same as the New Hope armor.  I built mine to be exact to my Anovos Build.  The ESB requires a different set of stickers on the helmet, the frown is black, the belt does not have rivet holes and the holster is a sling loop on the other side and the hand plates are different, of which AM carries all  the necessary parts.  The stickers, if they do not have them for the helmet, you can get from Trooperbay.  I am not sure what they are referring to regarding chest and back plate, and, I can guarantee you they are wrong.  Contact Dave at AM and he will guide you through it.  Very nice guy and excellent product. 

Finally let me just say this, I would not say it if I wasn't willing to back it up as well.  I know two other ESB builds at Centurion Level that are AM builds. 

100% correct, and fantastic advice brother.  Not sure why that line: 

• AM v1 chest plate must be replaced with a more screen accurate version.

is still in the CRLs for all OT Centurion requirements, and to be honest and it should be removed.  Yes, AM had some issues with those pieces a long time ago, but they updated their molds about 6 years ago and both chest and back are approvable at all levels as you mentioned.

Side note-  I'm working on an ESB build right now using AM.  :D

• Like 1