James's Rogue One TK Build

Ok I understand now, black ABS from ebay. Used it for the black stripes on the side's of the torso also..the chest and back plate was a trial and error kinda thing...you can see on my build tread how I came to that alignment.  I had to heat and tweak my shoulder straps to get the sides to line up. I made them as wide as the lower back plate sides...glued them to the back plate and used snaps on the front...two per side...good luck and have fun!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Between holiday festivities, I was able to get quite a bit done. I made most of the changes mentioned in my previous post. Those where:

- Adjusting height of chest, moving it up in the front.
- Adding 2" nylon strapping to ammo boxes.
- Gluing calves together (more on this later)
- Adjusting bicep and shoulder distance
- Adjusting belt and thermal detonator.
- Adjusting side black wings (more still to go)

Regarding gluing the back of the calves together, I think I'm going to have to find another solution there. It's almost impossible to get my boots on after having the calve armor on. The CRL says:

"Greaves are loosely held closed in the back with elastic, shock cord (bungee cord) or white Velcro and are designed to remain flexible."

I'm going to see what I can do to make them remain flexible and open in the back, otherwise I may have to find another solution. Velcro was working fine, maybe just some thinner velcro so its less apparent.

I adjusted the black side wings some but they still need a bit more work. I really don't like the shape of the side wings I was provided when I bought the kit. I may take TerribleBen's approach and seek something else out.

I also moved the strapping for the thighs further onto the side. They still need an adjustment there honestly as they are so close to the cod piece even after dropping them slightly.

Something else I noticed in the pictures is the chest armor looks slightly tilted. Not sure why that was but I’ll look into it.

Circling back, I think all of these small changes lead to some big improvements. I still have a few things to tackle such as those side wings, some belt changes, a missing thigh cover strip, paint, etc. I'm pretty happy with this round.

Let me know if you notice anything else that looks odd.

f274662a707e1ce02c6941d08730a016.jpg

ff7489b4e13862bbd5643b5a22942ee4.jpg
79a097296b94671f501fce39e1f08775.jpg
6bdc1c07f2ca61ab47e9fa8259d4ab8a.jpg
fb06cc48376efce4a903fc1c7616410c.jpg
a5d4c10a07ab65509974943f273ce1c1.jpg
f2921bc660cd09366140829009479b66.jpg
5b382f8b06cdd490bae9b965f0882ce8.jpg
5d61718ce4f2a4828cf5c9f2ac8b4663.jpg

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, jamesmillerio said:

Between holiday festivities, I was able to get quite a bit done. I made most of the changes mentioned in my previous post. Those where:

- Adjusting height of chest, moving it up in the front.
- Adding 2" nylon strapping to ammo boxes.
- Gluing calves together (more on this later)
- Adjusting bicep and shoulder distance
- Adjusting belt and thermal detonator.
- Adjusting side black wings (more still to go)

Regarding gluing the back of the calves together, I think I'm going to have to find another solution there. It's almost impossible to get my boots on after having the calve armor on. The CRL says:

"Greaves are loosely held closed in the back with elastic, shock cord (bungee cord) or white Velcro and are designed to remain flexible."

I'm going to see what I can do to make them remain flexible and open in the back, otherwise I may have to find another solution. Velcro was working fine, maybe just some thinner velcro so its less apparent.

I adjusted the black side wings some but they still need a bit more work. I really don't like the shape of the side wings I was provided when I bought the kit. I may take TerribleBen's approach and seek something else out.

I also moved the strapping for the thighs further onto the side. They still need an adjustment there honestly as they are so close to the cod piece even after dropping them slightly.

Something else I noticed in the pictures is the chest armor looks slightly tilted. Not sure why that was but I’ll look into it.

Circling back, I think all of these small changes lead to some big improvements. I still have a few things to tackle such as those side wings, some belt changes, a missing thigh cover strip, paint, etc. I'm pretty happy with this round.

Let me know if you notice anything else that looks odd.

Only the outside coverstrip is glued to the calves, the calves are left open but either overlap (outside over inside) or be held closed with velcro, like your thighs, watch the thigh closure too ;)

If you look at the back the backplate is also on an angle.

a5d4c10a07ab65509974943f273ce1c1.jpg

large.27756747403_99279d9e0a_o.jpg.ab1aa

• Like 1