A CertainTK ATA ANH Stunt Build (first build)

Matt Certain

Thanks to anyone who takes a look at my build thread. This is my first time armor build.

Name: Matt Certain

Height - 6 foot 2 inches tall

Weight  - 220 lbs

Being a little bigger and taller this should be an interesting build. 

I purchased my armor from ATA at the start of 2020 and have been working on it since. 

I am a little late starting my thread, but better late than never. 

Below is from the BBB day, I will post pictures of where I am now in the process. 

U1HbrGW.jpg

• Like 2

One problem I am running into is my height- Once I have everything on, I have a gap between my chest and torso. Same on the back. If I push the chest down some, it does not fit as well in the chest .

3mn1nm6.jpg

You can see here, the shoulder bells do not fit very tight. I might need to do a warm water bath to make them a little wider to fit my shoulders. 

mpRNGb3.jpg

The back piece does not fit directly on my back, you can see through the gap.  Another piece I might need to do a warm water bend on the top of the back to flatten it out some. 

uisSWgX.jpg

wCx0hPh.jpg

Edited by Matt Certain
  • Like 1

I'm 5 11" and found I'm just in the comfort zone for gaps, anything over things get harder.

If possible can you pull the ab and butt plates up or is it snug around your frank and beans (pillar and stones) , if you do any any room there to come up it would help.

• Like 2

As Glen mentioned your height is going to be a factor,

Besides buying larger armor you can try installing a harness that extends over your shoulders and connects to the Ab and Kidney. With it you can pull up the lower sections so that all the upper sections aren't as strained trying to support everything. Note this may cause the lower Ab (cod) and posterior to ride higher in your crotch and butt but at least you won't have the visible gaps at eye level. Worth a shot

Other than that the armor is looking great.   

• Like 1

I am using the older style elastic with the brackets - I might swap these out for either stronger elastic or nylon straps with snaps. That way they will stay in position and the shoulder or lower elastic will stretch instead...  

0KJnZFI.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Matt Certain said:

I am using the older style elastic with the brackets - I might swap these out for either stronger elastic or nylon straps with snaps. That way they will stay in position and the shoulder or lower elastic will stretch instead...  

0KJnZFI.jpg

I find these brackets and position does restrict how much pull the elastic has, adding some stronger elastic (or doubled over) and snaps may help but I don't think it will help your backplate unless you can get your cod/butt lifted.

Unfortunately a lot of armor is not made to fit those above 6' and it's very difficult to make it fit, if you can't get any upward movement from you cod/butt you may have to look at selling this kit and going for one which does accommodate the taller trooper, RT mod and AM would suit you better.

• 1 month later...

Looks better. Just watch other spacing, thighs could come up a bit. Biceps are a little low and should sit under the shoulder bells, also match your forearm/wrist gaps. 

Hi Matt,

Great start on the armour. You’re a braver man than I was, I went for a commission so your reward will be greater :duim:

What padding are you using in your helmet? It’s difficult to judge from this one photo and the angle but it maybe sitting a little too high so a slight adjustment of the padding may help this. Here’s a reference image so you can see what I mean. 

promo8.jpg

This is something I got advised on and in my case I’ve ordered some helmet padding to prevent the ‘bobble head’ look as it’s been referred to in other posts I’ve seen. I would add that this suited my situation so worth double checking whether you can adjust what you have in place already as it may save you spending money unnecessarily 

Look forward to seeing how your build progresses. 

• Like 1

My armor was accepted by my GML :).  I now have my TK# and am a part of the Diamond Garrison.  I am going to try an move forward and get my armor reviewed for expert Infantryman.

Thanks again to everyone here who commented. 

• Like 4

Congratulations and welcome to the ranks trooper.

You can request higher access here 

Congratulations Matt!!! :th_AnimatedBravoSmiley:

hace 13 horas, Matt Certain dijo:

.... "I am going to try an move forward and get my armor reviewed for expert Infantryman."..... 

Excellent news!!!! :jc_doublethumbup: