Greetings from Ohio River Valley.

I'm a Soon to be Shadow Trooper.

Armor on order and gathering parts.
I'm searching the files for advice on neck seal making, changing boot color and general construction.

Also looking at how to get 'certified' to join. ..look forward to playing.

All in good time.

Meanwhile,,,,,,

Greetings and Salutations. from Indianapolis, Central Ohio and North Central TN. (I do travel a bit)

Darylee

• Like 1

Hello and welcome aboard, if you are not aware Shadow Troopers home is Spec Ops although we are similar in construction and parts.

A great resource thread is here

Can't go past Tony's build thread, a great overall build

Good luck with the research and your build

• Like 1

Welcome to FISD, loads of build information here and arguably the best resource for Stormtroopers in the galaxy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to FISD.

The basic build are the same more or less for both trooper, but you might want to hit up Spec ops forum eventually for final approval advise.

Thanks for the greetings and the construction links.

My boyfriend/husband has a crimson trooper to build. 

I'm so used to turncoating in other historical centuries,  I'm working on an Xwing pilot too. Markings will be a blue on right and red on left. With Blue, Red, and yellow markings. (Our 'colors') so he and I can share the uniform.

Rebel scum, I mean, that sounds great a rebel costume :laugh1:

You do find was you enter this costuming lark you can get bitten by the bug, looking forward to seeing the progress, good luck

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/16/2021 at 5:11 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Rebel scum, I mean, that sounds great a rebel costume :laugh1:

You do find was you enter this costuming lark you can get bitten by the bug, looking forward to seeing the progress, good luck

LOL Thanks for the greeting. I appreciaate that.. and what happened to me in other 'centuries' also. It's another couple of 18th c folks who is getting us into this.

I"m STILL waiting on my Shadowtrooper, and my xwing helmet and chestbox from the same maker....patience isn't my forte.

So my mocup for the xwing helmets and my Boyfriend is getting enthused about this more as well. He has decided to create his own Xwing as a counterpart to his Crimson Trooper.
Here is Dan's I patterns for helmet graphics a morphed photo of what I do have so far.

Seems like the Rebel Scumm are going to be ready before the Troopers

received_1066121367251244as.jpg

20210802_175626s.jpg

FB_IMG_1627921827514as.jpg

Edited by FireMist
  • Like 2

• 4 months later...

I've been gone for a bit... xwing is coming along and will be complete with the extras for a snow speeder by January.... 

I have the Shadowtrooper from Walt, and am rather befuddled with it.. but I'll manage. 

Meanwhile, I'm trying to decide on weaponry.

I know a holster for the E11 is required.. and I have an E11 and am making a holster from the screen shots.

I'm making one for my DL44 also for the snow speeder 

However, I'm a longarm gal. I compete with flintlock muzzloading rifles, and am more interesting in the various long arms they represent in the SW franchise... quite amazing variety actually.

I cruised though the forums to see where I should put this, but seems this is the best place to ask....

My question is, as a Shadowtrooper, should I choose a DLT-19, or a T21?
My DL44 is from 3D Cauldron, but they don't have the DLT-19 or T21, and don't have a DLT-20 either (for the Crimson Trooper)
A company called Bounty Hunter Armory out of Australia has all 3 in 3D printed parts...........

Has anyone heard of them, and if so, how are the reviews. I'm finding very little.
Their post of a couple 3D parts on facebook look really good.

T21 bounty hunter armory photo on facebook.jpg

I shall ask around locally for you, we have several very good 3d designers in Aus, some do print and ship as kits, other simply supply the files at a fee.

52 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

I shall ask around locally for you,.....

Thanks. I don't have a 3d printer, but do have some of the files I've played with. I had to find someone willing to print for me, but it worked well... but I don't care to make one from scratch, or do my own 3d... I can put a model together.. same reason I like the new Kibler kits for flintlocks. ...

Mainly I would like to know of the reputation of  'Bounty Hunter Armory'
Thanks for checking

• Like 1

So far, they seem to have plenty of post in their FB account but i feel they are cagey about letting on who they are.

They claim to have been at conventions since 2003, but any cos player could claim the same.

I am know waiting on feedback from any that have assembled one of their models to get a clearer evaluation.

3 hours ago, FireMist said:

My question is, as a Shadowtrooper, should I choose a DLT-19, or a T21?

You may wish to ask over at Spec Ops, they are the official home for Shadow troopers, the CRL does mentions both for approval so either should be ok.

With regards to the blaster kit I've noticed it popping up on a few groups, I don't know of anyone who has purchased one as yet but be very wary of cheap 3D prints as they can be a lot of work to clean up, removing the print lines can be quite time consuming and some prints are very thin. Looking at the price, amount of filament that would be used and power it seems very cheap.

For more info on T21's and kits head over to MEPD I'm sure there will be some info there on reputable makers.

If it's a DLT-19 you are looking for I saw mention of Hellhounds taking orders for resin kits, more info in this thread 

Thanks, I'll watch this and pop over to special ops too....

edited .... well all good intentions to do so, but I can't find the special ops section the only thing I see says there are no sponsors

edit again....

I'm definatly blonde... I didn't notice your link.. got it...

Edited by FireMist

7 minutes ago, FireMist said:

edited .... well all good intentions to do so, but I can't find the special ops section the only thing I see says there are no sponsors

Direct link to the Spec Ops forum https://forum.specops501st.com/login/

1 minute ago, FireMist said:

I'm locked out of there so weird

Have you created an account there?

21 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Have you created an account there?

Yea, I had created it about the same time I created this one.. all is good. I just wasn't waiting long enough to try logging in again. I asked the same question there...and another about the length from neck to edge of the pauldron.... I don't want to make these if I have it scaled wrong.

On 8/6/2021 at 7:28 PM, Chemi said:

Hi Darylee. Welcome to FISD :salute:.

I really like the classic xwing pilot's helmet, although I prefer the TLJ helmet style;)

I just took delivery of two of those in the toy version.... My head is to big... I was hoping to not have to buy another helmet with the other vest combination for the xwing. Oh well.

Still needing information on the pauldron and on the bounty hunter armory business... length of pauldron from neck to outer edge, and feedback on the business... I've had nothing in a week of having posted in 3 different forums... it's like nobody knows this business which has me greatly concerned. They do have an eTsy presence.