TK SPartan TFA FOTK Build Thread (KB Props)

TKSpartan

5 minutes ago, DocDan said:

:duim: Congratulations @TKSpartanMario!  WOW~!!  Lots of time and hard work on this build.  SO happy for you to add another to your collection.  

-Dan

Thank you Dan! Looking forward for your final photos too.  Keep it up. :salute:

• Like 1

Very nice and congratulations Mario, if I could make comment I would bring your forearms up a little as they are hitting your handplates, will reduce the gap at the elbows too :salute:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Very nice and congratulations Mario, if I could make comment I would bring your forearms up a little as they are hitting your handplates, will reduce the gap at the elbows too :salute:

Thanks Glen, very appreciated , I'll check it for the next photo session :jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/4/2022 at 2:58 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Very nice and congratulations Mario, if I could make comment I would bring your forearms up a little as they are hitting your handplates, will reduce the gap at the elbows too 

Done Sir. photo updated

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Mario! Your build looks great, and thank you so much for this well organized and detailed thread. I have just begun my first build ever and I have KB props armor, so this is going to be invaluable to me throughout the process. I have a question for you about how you formed your yoke. I have noticed that the KB yoke comes with the two parts that come over your shoulders connected and with extra ABS extending down towards the abdomen and around the sides, but this wouldn't necessarily be visible because it is all underneath the chest plate. From your pictures it look like you left this plastic, but I just wanted to make sure I'm right about that. Most kits I have seen just have the two parts coming over your shoulder disconnected from one another and not reaching down very far in the front. Did you leave the KB yoke how it is or did you cut it to be like other kits? Hopefully my question is making sense. I might not have learned all the proper terms yet. I put a picture of my yoke below. You can see how it is larger than most and does not have the shoulder pieces formed like most. Thank you!

Edit: I can see from your photos now that you definitely left this in this shape. So now my question is just do you like it that way? Does it seem to still be accurate around the sides where the lower sides of the chest plate meet the sides of the back?

Thanks again!

image.png.01cc38f59e219552004416e3b809a7bb.png

Edited by 0KTrooper

30 minutes ago, 0KTrooper said:

Hi Mario! Your build looks great, and thank you so much for this well organized and detailed thread. I have just begun my first build ever and I have KB props armor, so this is going to be invaluable to me throughout the process. I have a question for you about how you formed your yoke. I have noticed that the KB yoke comes with the two parts that come over your shoulders connected and with extra ABS extending down towards the abdomen and around the sides, but this wouldn't necessarily be visible because it is all underneath the chest plate. From your pictures it look like you left this plastic, but I just wanted to make sure I'm right about that. Most kits I have seen just have the two parts coming over your shoulder disconnected from one another and not reaching down very far in the front. Did you leave the KB yoke how it is or did you cut it to be like other kits? Hopefully my question is making sense. I might not have learned all the proper terms yet. I put a picture of my yoke below. You can see how it is larger than most and does not have the shoulder pieces formed like most. Thank you!

image.png.01cc38f59e219552004416e3b809a7bb.png

Hi parker, glad to read you're starting your build and hope this thread can be helpful.

My Front section is as yours, what I did was just trim the return edge a little more to allow more space to my head when suiting up.

The reason I leave it as it was thinking about the plastic could  weaken and break.

What I would recommend is to leave it as it  and If when finished your build you feel uncomfortable, you can trim it.

" it's better and easier to remove plastic at the end , than add it again" :56pullhair:

deDr08W.jpg

Bellow is a sample photo as it's usually trimmed (not mine)

lh7U2qM.jpg

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Hi parker, glad to read you're starting your build and hope this thread can be helpful.

My Front section is as yours, what I did was just trim the return edge a little more to allow more space to my head when suiting up.

The reason I leave it as it was thinking about the plastic could  weaken and break.

What I would recommend is to leave it as it  and If when finished your build you feel uncomfortable, you can trim it.

" it's better and easier to remove plastic at the end , than add it again" :56pullhair:

deDr08W.jpg

Bellow is a sample photo as it's usually trimmed (not mine)

lh7U2qM.jpg

Mario, thank you so much for the info! Your thread has already been so much of a help for me during my build. I have another question for you if you don’t mind. I am working on trimming the back and yoke pieces and I am preparing them to be combined into one. Based on your pictures it looks like you may have done this, but did you have to trim the portions of the back piece that rest on your shoulders to be more narrow? When I put my yoke and back pieces together it seems that the parts that jut out of the back are too wide to allow for solid contact for gluing without lots of pressure from clamps and magnets. Please see the pictures for a visualization of what part I am referencing. I’d appreciate any advice you can give me. Thank you in advance!e056d06c6d185fae4789b1725caecea5.jpg
d22b053b6b7238865170c845e73efa20.jpg
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, 0KTrooper said:

but did you have to trim the portions of the back piece that rest on your shoulders to be more narrow?

Hi Parker, Yes trim the red marked sections.  Here another photo here you can see in detail.

7pZWfK8.jpg

Ask all questions you have, we are here to help. :salute:

• 7 months later...

Hi Mario,

I'm back with another question. I greatly appreciate your kindness and willingness to help me through my build. It has been very helpful in piecing together my first armor! My question is about the biceps. I have them trimmed and I am trying to get them ready to glue together. When I put the short sides together and try to bring the long sides together, it is possible but seems like I am having to bend the pieces quite a lot to get the edges to meet up. I am worried that if I attempt to glue there will be a lot of strain on the plastic. Did you have a similar issue with the KB biceps? Did they meet right up or did you glue with that much strain? Not sure if I need to apply some heat and try to form the plastic into a little tighter of a curve... that seems risky. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have!

32 minutes ago, 0KTrooper said:

Hi Mario,

I'm back with another question. I greatly appreciate your kindness and willingness to help me through my build. It has been very helpful in piecing together my first armor! My question is about the biceps. I have them trimmed and I am trying to get them ready to glue together. When I put the short sides together and try to bring the long sides together, it is possible but seems like I am having to bend the pieces quite a lot to get the edges to meet up. I am worried that if I attempt to glue there will be a lot of strain on the plastic. Did you have a similar issue with the KB biceps? Did they meet right up or did you glue with that much strain? Not sure if I need to apply some heat and try to form the plastic into a little tighter of a curve... that seems risky. Thank you in advance for any advice you may have!

Hi Parker,  just a quick question. have you opened a building thread here in the forum yet?  If not, it would be great so you can post photos of the process and receive feedback on the way. 

Meanwhile, could you post some photos of the biceps current state so I can guide you better.? are you using clamps o magnets to press the pieces?

thank you. 

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Parker,  just a quick question. have you opened a building thread here in the forum yet?  If not, it would be great so you can post photos of the process and receive feedback on the way. 

Meanwhile, could you post some photos of the biceps current state so I can guide you better.? are you using clamps o magnets to press the pieces?

thank you. 

Yes I do have a thread for this build. Went ahead and put my question and photos in there. 

Thank you!

• Like 1