Help: How to move backplate up and chestpiece down?

Hi all --

Did a first full suit up of my work-in-progress Anovos ANH Stunt. Shoutout to @ukswrath for the killer build thread. 

Having an issue -- the chestpiece is choking me out. It seems to slide up and into me, separating a bit from the ab piece. (please ignore the bucket strap, shoulder issue and protective plastic. yikes, and the bad job putting on gloves)

788626856_STFront.gif.4bbfe923091850be01a944f9a1493941.gif

Here's a view from the back. Aside from the wonky strap, you can see how the backplate rides so low that my neckseal sticks out. It also makes my helmet seem like its floating a bit more than it should.

2118380901_STBack.gif.531f78dce098659a3fdcd3ea4b24c884.gif

My strapping is from Mr No Stripes (plus a few extra snaps on the interior to keep my gut in.)

1378712008_STStrapping.thumb.gif.3a7227e68ee7c7ab4086d4ff3d410361.gif

How would you recommend shifting things to get the chestpiece sitting lower while raising the backplate? I've toyed around with the lengths of the elastic connector straps, but nothing has made a difference so far in shifting the balance. The only thing I haven't really played with is the length of the cod strap - could that help? Any tips on this (or tips in general) would be most appreciated! 

Backplate would be dropping down as your ab is coming up. I would suggest tighter strapping between the ab and chest, if there is no room because of the brackets I would add additional chest strapping and keep the brackets for show

I use adjustable straps with my ab/chest connectors and snap plates

pjFgRLw.jpgXfnCKoJ.jpg

I don't have a photo handing of the inside so here is a similar one

u3aGJzB.jpg

• Like 1

I agree with gmrhodes13, adding strapping to the chest will help. I have the same bracket system as you, but with added straps: 

16-strapping.thumb.JPG.4686ce47a2a074d60de31b4b893c6c0f.JPG

I would also suggest that you reposition your helmet a bit. This will help with the floating in the back. When wearing the helmet, the faceplate should be at an angle pointing up.

Something like this: ( \
Not like this: ( |
And definetly not like this: ( / 
You want to push the helmet forward because that makes it easier to see out of the lenses. But resist this urge, the less you see the more correct it will look. :lol:

On 5/4/2021 at 4:29 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Backplate would be dropping down as your ab is coming up. I would suggest tighter strapping between the ab and chest, if there is no room because of the brackets I would add additional chest strapping and keep the brackets for show

I use adjustable straps with my ab/chest connectors and snap plates

Thanks so much, - this is super helpful. Def going to take this approach. 

• Like 1
On 5/6/2021 at 6:41 AM, TK-32700 said:

I agree with gmrhodes13, adding strapping to the chest will help. I have the same bracket system as you, but with added straps: 

I would also suggest that you reposition your helmet a bit. This will help with the floating in the back. When wearing the helmet, the faceplate should be at an angle pointing up.

Something like this: ( \
Not like this: ( |
And definetly not like this: ( / 
You want to push the helmet forward because that makes it easier to see out of the lenses. But resist this urge, the less you see the more correct it will look. :lol:

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate the visual - I'll be taking the same approach tonight. I'll let you know how it goes. 

And that's great feedback on the helmet. Just bought some helmet padding to fine-tune some how it sits on my head, but now that I have it in hand I'm not sure its right for what I have to do. I may also have to rethink how i'm balancing the electronics in there. Any tips on getting this to sit right? 

• Like 1