Helotech's SE-14R Build

Helotech

Did minor weathering with graphite powder on some raised areas. Basically simulating repeated drawing from a holster and a TK's gloved hands wearing the grip and manipulating the safety.

It is hard to capture the shiny bits in the pictures. I also burnished some internal grooved areas on the right hand side for more visual interest.

Next is a clear coat. I may do it flat rather than satin so I can have the grip panels contrasting the main body. I also just remembered I need to find appropriate screws...

uQNqRjW.jpg

UzOCunH.jpg

ldt0Liu.jpg

87BKgVx.jpg

SAOa4Hy.jpg

• Like 1

Happy Friday!

It's amazing. I have very organized hardware storage bins filled with every conceivable kind of screw, nut and bolt. Yet I don't have anything to fit the grips and scope rings.:angry:

So, off to the Home Depot and I found some pretty cool screws. These are nylon "pan-head" screws with common (not Robertson or Phillips) heads. Exactly what I needed.

They are a bit long, but that is the beauty of the nylon material. Easy to snip to size. ;)

Once snipped, I will rough the screw heads with sandpaper, then prime. After they are screwed / glued into place, a quick dab with black paint and you got Uncle Bob.

I'll be gluing and clamping the grip panels down as they are very slightly bowed.

57nMIxY.jpg

eQymYVH.jpg

onECMZz.jpg

• Like 2