Upgrading Anovos TFA Standard Helmet

sageleader

I bought an Anovos TFA standard helmet years ago and I'm finally trying to get my full armor set once I get my order from WTF. I want to upgrade the lining in the standard helmet as it's essentially a hard hat lining. I ordered those airsoft helmet pads from Amazon but the helmet is just so huge I think I need something much thicker. My head still bounces around inside the helmet. Anyone have any advice or experience with this? 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, sageleader said:

I bought an Anovos TFA standard helmet years ago and I'm finally trying to get my full armor set once I get my order from WTF. I want to upgrade the lining in the standard helmet as it's essentially a hard hat lining. I ordered those airsoft helmet pads from Amazon but the helmet is just so huge I think I need something much thicker. My head still bounces around inside the helmet. Anyone have any advice or experience with this? 

Try the pads people use in the knee pads. You can find them on ebay and amazon. (The ones construction workers use)

12 hours ago, sageleader said:

Hey, just wondering If there’s a particular reason for the upgrade? I find the hard hat liner working very well :)

17 hours ago, tat2trooper said:

Try the pads people use in the knee pads. You can find them on ebay and amazon. (The ones construction workers use)

Those look to be about the same thickness as the pads I bought. Do people use anything else?

5 hours ago, TheSwede said:

Hey, just wondering If there’s a particular reason for the upgrade? I find the hard hat liner working very well :)

It's just uncomfortable and when I eventually want to troop I want it to feel more like a real helmet. Have you trooped in yours for long periods of time before? Because the liner can rotate in the helmet I also feel like I have to keep adjusting the helmet if I'm walking.

14 hours ago, sageleader said:

It's just uncomfortable and when I eventually want to troop I want it to feel more like a real helmet. Have you trooped in yours for long periods of time before? Because the liner can rotate in the helmet I also feel like I have to keep adjusting the helmet if I'm walking.

Do yours have padding on the forehead part? I know some Anovos helmets are missing it, I have it in mine. And yes I have trooped for hours, mayby you haven’t secured it in place enough? Try tightening the screws and see If it helps, mine stays put just fine. Hope you find a way that works for you :) 

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. I have the bike helmet/airsoft padding already, maybe I just need to get more because it's not super thick. To those that converted the standard helmet to have padding - how did you get the black plastic holders off? I detached the head strap but the two plastic prongs that stick down seem glued on. I may just put a pad right on them.

Had a shoot last thurs.had the helm on for 12 ish hours. Was good..the rest of me was in bits but head was ok..filmed promo stuff for the may the 4th festival in ireland..checkout 501st ireland garrison fornthe vid.and hope your padding works out.

On 4/26/2021 at 1:45 PM, sageleader said:

Thanks everyone. I have the bike helmet/airsoft padding already, maybe I just need to get more because it's not super thick. To those that converted the standard helmet to have padding - how did you get the black plastic holders off? I detached the head strap but the two plastic prongs that stick down seem glued on. I may just put a pad right on them.

Can you just pop them off? That's what I was planning on doing with mine. 

Sorry to butt in yet again, If you secure the screws the helmet will sit firmly on your head with zero give...and most importantly using the standard hard hat liner will give you much more ventilation during troops - ok I’m done with my nagging:P As you were Trooper :salute:

• Like 1

I had the hard hat type plastic in mine and found it dug into my head after a long troop so promptly removed it and add some velcro and soft foam, a ring of foam goes around the temple and a thin piece of foam inside the top, pretty inexpensive upgrade but a lot more comfortable, for me anyway. 

5yvXc9s.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I had the hard hat type plastic in mine and found it dug into my head after a long troop so promptly removed it and add some velcro and soft foam, a ring of foam goes around the temple and a thin piece of foam inside the top, pretty inexpensive upgrade but a lot more comfortable, for me anyway. 

5yvXc9s.jpg

Man I put this bucket on and it is so much bigger then the TK ones. I feel like a bobble head.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have a couple of the original Anovos FOTzk buckets & they came with a foam padded doughnut, that has Velcro swatches that hold the doughnut in place.

I’m not sure how well the doughnut would work on the lighter (weight) injection moulded bucket.

I can take photos possibly tomorrow if you want.