Greg S AM HWT Build

Greg S

45 minutes ago, magni said:

That's gonna be a great looking pack!:duim:

You're killing it!

Thanks a bunch.

Finished the siphon finally. Now onto the pack (Oil Pan) Parts are not mounted yet.

rWOorYI.jpg

DFmD5ea.jpg

h9slZ97.jpg

PMeHLO8.jpg

Cut the funnel and both caps off. Next is to cover the holes and add the shoulder straps. 

H2S4VP2.jpg

qpb1bEN.jpg

All cut out holes are covered. Hit them with some flat black paint.

Sewed clip buckles onto the 1 inch webbing. Positioned and mounted to the pack with some #6 machine screws and finishing washers so they won't pull through. Sprayed with flat black paint.

Next is to mount all the boxes and tube. 

hMbBW2p.jpg

VkwJZNd.jpg

lqlkOg7.jpg

Used a soldering iron to burn the strap holes

dYNeLhp.jpg

Adz8CO0.jpg

Mounted all the boxes, tube and siphon using double sided tape and sheet metal screws. Added some 1/4 foam in the rear cut out for a buffer between the back armor and pack. 

Just need to give it some weathering.

Next up is to build the ammo belt with the magazine pouches. 

UYuQViy.jpg

AlxylHk.jpg

2yWvGUY.jpg

• Like 1

All right moving along I finished the ammo belt and pouches.

Started off with a new belt from Rob Kittel. Marked punched and installed the snaps for the armor. Next mounted the ammo belt with the rivets. Next glued on the rivet cover.

Next I modified the magazine pouches. Blackened out all the white stitching. Removed the slanted straps. Installed some new webbing glued together and riveted on. Next made some fake foam magazines to fill out the pouches.

TEGPVK6.jpg

SDRaCbP.jpg

hTSj7Hy.jpg

cMySa7O.jpg

4rYnmA8.jpg

m8gux8w.jpg

nuAUpxK.jpg

KySaHcN.jpg

J3WoL5W.jpg

Edited by Greg S
  • Like 2

On 5/17/2021 at 6:49 AM, ukswrath said:

Looks awesome, great job :duim:

Thanks again. 

Now to mount the shoulder magazine pouch. 

10 hours ago, Greg S said:

Thanks again. 

Now to mount the shoulder magazine pouch. 

How are you planning on doing that, Greg?  Some folks attach it to the pauldron, but when I did that I found that the weight kept pulling the pauldon down in the front.  Instead, I now attach it to the left shoulder strap.  You can rivet a strap to the rear of the pouch like you did for the side ones (but horizontally), add (sew it on if you can) a small strap to the left shoulder strap as seen below.  If you do this, be sure to add 2 snaps.  Trust me. ;)

It's a little extra work to do it this way, but I have had no issues and it's easy to attach/remove.

zLeAawP.jpg    0T67cx9.jpg?2

• Like 2

5 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

How are you planning on doing that, Greg?  Some folks attach it to the pauldron, but when I did that I found that the weight kept pulling the pauldon down in the front.  Instead, I now attach it to the left shoulder strap.  You can rivet a strap to the rear of the pouch like you did for the side ones (but horizontally), add (sew it on if you can) a small strap to the left shoulder strap as seen below.  If you do this, be sure to add 2 snaps.  Trust me. ;)

It's a little extra work to do it this way, but I have had no issues and it's easy to attach/remove.

zLeAawP.jpg    0T67cx9.jpg?2

Thanks that makes perfect sense to do it this way. 1 strap or 2 straps on the pouch? Im thinking 2 sorta close together. Then need to figure out where on the left strap to put the one with the 2 snaps. Mission excepted. 

I think one strap with 4 rivets would do just fine, but due to the size of the rivet heads you may have to offset them a bit.  Hint:  When using rivets, always use a tight fitting washer around the upper part, especially when working with leather or nylon.

I1AvuxU.jpg   oZyOJBf.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/23/2021 at 3:25 AM, justjoseph63 said:

I looped a section of nylon webbing around my bicep to shoulder connecting strap then attached it to the ammo pack via a single snap. It's all about options

• 10 months later...

Ok finally getting back to my HWT build. A  fellow garrison member gave me this 3D printed DLT-19. Next is to put the parts in order assemble and finish. 

The bipod is still printing. 

wbHrb88.jpg

KUUuIJV.jpg

Edited by Greg S

I fitted and glued the back end and main body of the DLT-19. This is ready for sanding and filler. 

Also cut and fit a wood dowel to strengthen the barrel. Glued and epoxied the first section of the barrel. Then I set the dowel in E6000. 
Going to let it dry and cure for 24 hrs. 

Top pick is a test fit. 

0epBMTX.jpg

EJk9ydB.jpg

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

It has been awhile. Finally finished my DLT-19. Next to start weathering things. So close. 

hBeFyvz.jpeg

Edited by TheRascalKing
Fixed your link
  • Like 3

Looking good trooper, nice to see the wire around your DLT-19.

Now just to be a kill joy there are a couple of areas that you can see some print lines still, I doubt that it would come up in base approval but no doubt will at higher levels:

• 3D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

Just a few highlighted 

blast.thumb.png.837666f35b710346ca50920b11be367b.png

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking good trooper, nice to see the wire around your DLT-19.

Now just to be a kill joy there are a couple of areas that you can see some print lines still, I doubt that it would come up in base approval but no doubt will at higher levels:

• 3D printed blasters can not contain visible print lines and must be sanded smooth for a more realistic appearance.

Just a few highlighted 

blast.thumb.png.837666f35b710346ca50920b11be367b.png

Thanks Yah I know this 3 D printed blaster has been a pain. It will be sorted out. I got tired snd sprayed it with some black. After we get approved for basic I will work on those pesky print lines. 
I can’t complain it was free from a guy in my garrison. 

Edited by Greg S
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

Attention on Deck. My HWT is finally approved. Onward to Expert. But here are my approval pics.

iSevglI.jpg

YEcoDa8.jpg

PMum7Sx.jpg

N8wjfk5.jpg

OkGipQd.jpg

DudmR3L.jpg

F5WG0En.jpg

fqtK3vA.jpg

def6GWh.jpg

BiijyZs.jpg

12 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Congratulations trooper and welcome to the HWT ranks :salute:

Thanks. Time to get things sorted and get that Expert star. 

• Like 2