What Have I gotten into.....

Crisco

My partner is amazing and for my 40th Birthday (COVID cancelled) I was gifted the best gift of all... A suit of stormtrooper armor.

So now what?

It was purchased from a coworker and was mostly cut out but I can't get it to fit correctly. It feels and looks big. I'm sooo scared to mess it up because I have waited decades to have my own suit... please help.  I have looked at Youtube vids. Joined FB groups (Thanks to all in A little Short for a Trooper) But I don't know what I am Missing..... Thanks for any help offered or better search terms for the forums :) 

Stats 5' 10" 200lbs

In the pic I know the thighs need to be higher but how do I fix the diaper butt? 

Shoulder webbing is tooooo long but they do fit I just need to shorten them.

Right thigh Ammo belt (split rivets are best?)

Left knee pad (split rivets or glue?)

The shins and forearms actually fit well I just didn't have them on in the pic. Oh and I didn't know the biceps were connected to the forearm so I also need to add those pieces.

TKfront.jpg

TKback.jpg

Hi there and congrats on your gift - awesome gift indeed.

Couple things I noticed that might help:

It looks like you could pull your chest piece down (tighter strapping to the ab piece may be needed).  This will pull your back, kidney and butt piece up a bit.  It will also help with the placement of your shoulder bells. Shortening the straps that go from your chest to back may help this too.

The thighs are probably a bit small - that is why they are hard to pull up.  If so, the first thing I would do is trim away the return edge at the top of the thighs with lexan scissors or similar - this will get you some more room if they are tight at the top.  Can you close them at the back?

Ammo knee pack get rivets (single cap are fine) and the sniper knee gets glued on (no rivets there).

Check out the build section for a ton of info.  I assumed you are going for ANH stunt. Do some reading before you start any serious trimming or other alterations.  

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/80-anh-build-threads/

Good luck

Hello and welcome to the forum, what a great gift, very lucky indeed.

The 501st has a base for costume approval, these are called the CRL's (costume reference library) there are several versions of Stormtrooper which you can find here most common is the ANH Stunt version 

A lot of the information for building comes from following others builds, here is a great build from Tony @ukswrath, definitely jam packed full of info

Also when in doubt head to the gallery sections

Some great info also in this thread

Once you have finished building there is also a TK pre approval area you can post photos of your finished armor and get feedback of any tweaks needed before you apply for your local GML approval 

Good luck with the build

Welcome aboard brother.  Take your time, don't rush it.  The build is one of the best parts because you will be proud of it when it all comes together.

Hello Chris,

Apart from the above comments, have you locate people or join the forum of your local garrison? They might be able to offer a more “direct” help to your build (sad the COVID situation makes armor parties difficult, but I think they will try in every way to get you on to the right track).

• 1 month later...

Update. The thighs are still giving me problems. I need to fix the strapping because I am both built a little weird and I can't get them to stay where they need to be. (Also I have to fill the backs :-P ) The forearms are not connected to the bicep which I'm hoping will fix the slumping.

Is the thigh amo box in the right place?

I had the sniper knee thing connected but it was sketchy and fell off. Any suggestions on how to get a firm glue on?

I'm going to shim the shins so they also stop slumping.

So how am I doing?

https://imgur.com/gallery/ys1vzUR 

Thank you again!

A little hard to see the position of your thigh ammo strip with the clamps on, I would also advise gluing the backs and adding the coverstrip before adding the ammo strip.

Some references, note not all armor makes have long enough ammo strip to meet both corners, if this is the case try to even out the spacing on the sides when attaching

2pvrAr5.jpg?1 nlwDx7l.jpg?1   SyTzqxd.jpg?1   J7iZwBU.jpg?1   swZy2dt.jpg?1