Alikh's ANH Stunt TK Build

Alikh

When you get back to your leg pieces, as somebody else mentioned, I think it'd be good for you to attach the sniper plate in order to present a more true relationship between the armor pieces on your leg. Great work thus far!

35 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

"I'd use 2 (or 3?) rivets to attach the ammo belt to the canvas," 

In my case, I prefer to use Chicago screws , not accurate but practic for any fix.

I like this thinking, Mario! I may have to adopt the Chicago screw method for secure, yet removable attachment. Any particular size screws that worked best for you? It would seem they'd need to have a shallow head to to fit under the belt button covers, as well as a short post.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the quick replies.  I need to get rivets and/or the screws so I'll be checking those out for sure.

Follow up question (and pardon me in advance, I don't know the proper names for these snap types so I grabbed pics)

Do the snaps that connect the belt to the ab plate need to be specifically this type:

TiXyV2X.png

Or can they be this type?  These I have on hand- I'd need to buy the other type.

NvJJAhg.png

1 hour ago, MaskedVengeance said:

I like this thinking, Mario! I may have to adopt the Chicago screw method for secure, yet removable attachment. Any particular size screws that worked best for you? It would seem they'd need to have a shallow head to to fit under the belt button covers, as well as a short post.

Hi Caleb, 

I used 4mm screws to get the more pressure.

531A48X.jpg?1

• Like 2

A little late in jumping in here, but if needed you can trim the tops of the thighs to raise them up if needed.  It looks to be sitting pretty close to your... uhh. "nether regions", which is something you want to avoid.  The reason being is that if they sit snug, you will get chafing.  The side view looks like you have a fantastic fit, but remember that the circumference will change if you trim the tops so keep that in mind.

Note in the reference images how much room there is between the cod and thigh tops.  If the thighs are too high you will get clicking noises when you walk from the cod being too close.  Also note that extra room should be allowed in the rear as well (last photo).

jrArN8m.jpg   ONaduVU.jpg?1            wDfgQF5.jpg?1  lQo13mj.jpg?2  csuyGPK.jpg?1

Personally, I would wait on trimming the tops until you get the ab plate fitted and figure out what the final position of the cod will be and adjust from there.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Question on the belt/holster measurements.  I was looking at the below guide.  I copied it again with measurements in blue to make it easier for me to read. My question is though 1) is the space from the top of the holster to the bottom of the belt is 2.5cm?  Or 2)  that the space from the top of the holster to the hole in the belt is 2.5cm?  My belt came with a hole prepunched by AP, it is 2.5cm above the top of the holster- would either mean 1) I need a new hole 1cm above that one, or 2) its in the correct location.

75CNT5j.png

2.5cm (1") Between top of holster to bottom of belt

Updated versions with variant spacing

• Like 1

Looking good Alex.

If I may, just 2 details to point.

1- check for the buttons shape, it looks like a couple could be more squared 

2- It could be a light effect but the buttons seen on screen where more flat. yours look a little raised.

lAKwten.jpg

References

YOAOw0w.jpg?1   dcPynDT.jpg    JPUL54k.jpg?2

• Like 1

Adding a couple of dabs of E6000 can also help keep drop boxes in alignment, notice on this image your not quite at the end of the belt, watch this when kitting up ;)

RE7vwmx.jpg

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Finally getting back at this after 4 months?  Whew, time flies.

Been working on my nemesis, the thigh parts.  I had to take a good chunk off to top due to my height, and now I have some questions, and one large concern, pictured below.

I took a little less than 4cm off the top of the thighs.  I measured every few 8ths of an inch and marked it, so I had a curved hash to follow with the scissors.  They fit a LOT better now, and I just have a bit more tinkering to do (later pics).  My concern now is the gap on the side of the hip.  Looking at the centurion side view, it looks like the upper line of the thigh plate follows much more closely to the angle of the butt plate.  To my knowledge, I didn't change this slope while shortening the thigh, as I measured every few mm's as mentioned.  Is this gap problematic?  The larger part of the gap will be covered by the holster/ammo bags, right?  But the smaller triangle, where the thigh plate and butt plate angles depart, is that acceptable?

aDICag4.jpg 

qJCXPAe.jpg

Front view.  Not the best of photos as I'm holding up the thighs.  Left side I need to take more off the top.  The right leg looks like its ok, right?

elvow4e.jpg

Rear view.  Again, not perfect, as I'm holding the thighs from the front instead of naturally hanging, but I need to take a tiny bit off the outer thighs here as well, correct?  Its close along the rear but doesn't rub, except at the side of the thighs.

ecm7c82.jpg

I do have a garter I'm working on to hold these in place once its all good to go,  Obv I still need to do rear closures for the shins as well.

That gap is fine, Alex.  Plus, consider that it will be partially covered by the belt and drop boxes.

HG3s3aV.jpg           

Not a requirement at any level, but you may want to trim some more off of the tops.  I would wait until you have the front and rear seams connected first, though..   ;)

lXb3UIS.jpg    zwcKYut.jpg

Can you post up a close up pic of the ab button plates?  Thanks!

X53kmDm.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Working on how all the chest/back pieces hang on my body.  I think I'm getting close? My main concern here is that there seems to be sizeable gap between the back and kidney plate... is that a problem?  From the front and side views you can see I dont have much space to slide the chest plate back before it touches my neck.  On the backplate side I don't think it should go down much farther since it would expose too much of the back of my neck, right?

fyqT0Z3.jpg

A5LRGJz.jpg

5yHoEbX.jpg

ps - not regulation pants, but at least they are imperial!

At the neck it looks fine, do you have any room under your cod and butt plate, if so you could bring those up a little which should narrow the gap Things can also change once you start playing with the strapping

1 hour ago, gmrhodes13 said:

At the neck it looks fine, do you have any room under your cod and butt plate, if so you could bring those up a little which should narrow the gap Things can also change once you start playing with the strapping

A tad.  I'll pull it up as far as I can and see what difference it makes.

• Like 1

Just pull it up as close as you can and still be comfortable in the "lower area".  Walk around a bit, and if it's too tight (or your voice goes up an octave :D) you can loosen it up.  If the cod is too snug it will cause armor bite (chafing or pinching).

Not all troopers are the same height, so a gap is fine.

I hope you will be aiming for Centurion with this build (you are WELL on your way), so just a quick heads-up-

The small ab-button plate should be be trimmed.  There should be no return edge, and ideally the corners should be squared off as seen below:

Screen used                 Example of AP build

ceBgqmc.jpg    wammXnE.jpg     oI6NetH.jpg

Keep it up, sir, you're doing great!  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Just pull it up as close as you can and still be comfortable in the "lower area".  Walk around a bit, and if it's too tight (or your voice goes up an octave :D) you can loosen it up.  If the cod is too snug it will cause armor bite (chafing or pinching).

Not all troopers are the same height, so a gap is fine.

I hope you will be aiming for Centurion with this build (you are WELL on your way), so just a quick heads-up-

The small ab-button plate should be be trimmed.  There should be no return edge, and ideally the corners should be squared off as seen below:

Screen used                 Example of AP build

ceBgqmc.jpg    wammXnE.jpg     oI6NetH.jpg

Keep it up, sir, you're doing great!  

Got it, thanks for the heads up, and easy enough fix.  You're correct, Im trying to get as close to Centurion as possible with the initial build, so I hopefully only have some adjustments to make when the time comes vs any significant reengineering!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Alikh said:

Got it, thanks for the heads up, and easy enough fix.  You're correct, Im trying to get as close to Centurion as possible with the initial build, so I hopefully only have some adjustments to make when the time comes vs any significant reengineering!

:jc_doublethumbup:

A little bit more trimming done, first sizing with both shins and thighs.  Not a whole lot of space between the top of shins and the bottom of thighs.  Should I shorten the shins a bit more?  Or on a shorter person is this to be expected to some degree?

CT5uUM9.jpg

HzldZ2y.jpg

c7y3FZV.jpg

QZ59fXj.jpg

The thighs and shins look a bit close to me, but you should probably attach the sniper plate and thigh ammo strip then evaluate at that point. Only then will you be able to see the true relationship between the pieces.

Looks like your Abdomen could cup up, also the kidney at the back, this will help reduce the gap between your backplate and kidney. Abdomen normally sits snug, but not so you loose circulation ;) 

sizing with the shin sniper and thigh ammo added.  I need to tighten the lower eod of both thighs to get a better ergonomic fit, but Im thinking I may be about there, sizing wise?  The sniper plate almost touches the thigh, but I think that won't be an issue when the thigh fits more snugly at the knee.  Looking at the pics it appears the left thigh is a bit higher than the right- thats just a result from where I stuck it on a temporary velcro garter I made to keep everything up while I sized it.  Its sitting more evenly in previous pics.

On 10/2/2022 at 5:23 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Looks like your Abdomen could cup up, also the kidney at the back, this will help reduce the gap between your backplate and kidney. Abdomen normally sits snug, but not so you loose circulation ;) 

Kidney I need to pull up, especially where it sags on my right.  Abdomen I tried pulling up a bit tonight, but there wasnt much to be gained there without discomfort.

hBGugRk.jpg

xBh3CPt.jpg

tnnyejT.jpg

MFfr4vh.jpg

Fz3KKFs.jpg

• Like 1