Alikh's ANH Stunt TK Build

Alikh

58 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Very pretty.

Here are a few threads for the vertically challenged.

Thank  you!  I knew I had seen one at some point but couldn't find it any more.  I will definitely check all these out.

• Like 1

Got a green safety shield to use as the lens.  Its a lot darker and thicker than what I had before, which was more like a film.  Trying the sugru glue method, but the lens doesnt like to hold a curve and pulls off the glue almost immediately.  Any advice on this?  Do I need to use a different adhesive/mounting method with a thicker lens?  Does safety shield plastic hold shape if I heated it and bowed it into a curve?  Thanks!

6 minutes ago, Alikh said:

Got a green safety shield to use as the lens.  Its a lot darker and thicker than what I had before, which was more like a film.  Trying the sugru glue method, but the lens doesnt like to hold a curve and pulls off the glue almost immediately.  Any advice on this?  Do I need to use a different adhesive/mounting method with a thicker lens?  Does safety shield plastic hold shape if I heated it and bowed it into a curve?  Thanks!

Hi Alikh. In my case it has worked well , but I have used a non glue system. I used the Anovos system thatt simply use Velcro to attach the lens and have no problems

7aBr947.jpg?1

• Like 1

Thanks!  I cut a larger section of the lens like your helmet.  It was a lot closer to sitting right, but still not QUITE right.  I eventually came across this build https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/45479-bigcaras-anh-tk-ap-build/page/8/#comments and cut my rectangular lens down a bit.  Finally got it setting right (i think) with sugru in the middle between the eyes, and on each end of the lens.

Now I'm just waiting on the black paint I ordered so I can finish the vocoder and the ears.  Where do people source the S trim from?  I looked a bit around my local big box stores but couldn't find the right stuff.  Thanks!

lX7y7Ud.jpg

NaW4AL4.jpg

• Like 1

Initial arm fitting, how do the lengths looks?  Bicep and forearm and sliding down my arm a bit since I dont have any straps or such attached.  I was thinking I would need to trim the forearms and/or the biceps due to my height, but now I cant decide.  Obv I'll need to clean up where the elbow scoop meets the outer arm as well.  Does the shoulder bell look ok or is it pushing off the bicep armor too much?

O1ptqnl.jpg

zvXhOzq.jpg

You're ok at this stage of the build.  Probably when do the next fit test using strapping , things going to sit better.

You biceps could go up a little more so you can bend the arms when holding your blaster.

:jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 1

Looking good, when trial fitting you should wear your undersuit can feel completely different, strapping will definitely help with spacing and keeping everything in place.

Nice work.

• Like 1

Coming along nicely, sir!  For the S-trim, I'm really surprised that AP didn't include that.  If not, you can get it from Trooperbay (link here).

As Mario mentioned, the biceps look like they will need to come up a bit, but you are on the right track!

You have probably figured this out, but I would remove the sharp point from the top of the forearm(s).  One less thing to poke into you!

GREAT to see that you removed all of the return edges on the bicep bottom and forearm top, but it looks like yo still have a tiny bit left.  (Sorry, just my OCD kicking in, lol).

wiVDPCQ.jpg

Keep up the great work!  :salute:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got the black paint in and took an initial first swing at the vocoder.  Couple of questions- how does the patter/lines look (obv there is some pencil that needs erased as well as some sections that need a second pass).  Secondly, do I stop painting where I did, or does the black go all the way back under the chin?  I didn't think it did, but the helmet still has the vocoder bumps running all the way back, so I'm not sure.

3KTnoQA.jpg

vYcYZxr.jpg

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Alikh said:

Couple of questions- how does the patter/lines look (obv there is some pencil that needs erased as well as some sections that need a second pass).  Secondly, do I stop painting where I did, or does the black go all the way back under the chin?  I didn't think it did, but the helmet still has the vocoder bumps running all the way back, so I'm not sure.

Hi Alex. great work with that painting job. I'm not so skilled and mess everything when painting something :blink:

You could add some more paint to the vocoder and as additional tip, for high levels (we think you may want to aim for the more accurate level like EIB and Centurion ), you may want to add some white paint to the Hovi tips rim.

vZpZ50s.jpg?1

and you can continue painting  all the way back under the chin

D4uazOY.jpg?1

Some references 

xSY3FDW.jpg?3   ebxjEWJ.jpg?1      kAQs4mA.jpg?2   Q9TEc56.jpg

VjvdepS.jpg     pxlmkdy.jpg?1

• Like 2

I'm really enjoying seeing your build progress Alikh.

You're obviously thorough, have a great eye for detail, and are not afraid to ask questions; the perfect combination!

As already mentioned, keep the advanced levels in mind while building, because with your approach you're going to be well on the way.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Alex. great work with that painting job. I'm not so skilled and mess everything when painting something :blink:

You could add some more paint to the vocoder and as additional tip, for high levels (we think you may want to aim for the more accurate level like EIB and Centurion ), you may want to add some white paint to the Hovi tips rim.

and you can continue painting  all the way back under the chin

Some references          

Thanks!!

Took a second pass to raise the two outer vocoder ridges, as well as paint it all the way back to the chin.  Added a coat of white to the hovi tips as well.  Once this dries I'll go back over with a second coat/touch up where needed.

Worked on the ears as well.  Once the grey dries I'll add the rank stripe, probably tomorrow.

ODWLVGJ.jpg

a6gYifL.jpg

rDAIJmc.jpg

mpWww4H.jpg

• Like 2

7 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

I'm really enjoying seeing your build progress Alikh.

You're obviously thorough, have a great eye for detail, and are not afraid to ask questions; the perfect combination!

As already mentioned, keep the advanced levels in mind while building, because with your approach you're going to be well on the way.

Thank you!

I figure its a lot easier to shoot for EIB/Centurion requirements while building...trying to not have to go back and redo too much down the road!

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Alikh said:

I figure its a lot easier to shoot for EIB/Centurion requirements while building...trying to not have to go back and redo too much down the road!

Much easier, although some thing are minor details are are quite specific ;) 

Quick question- what rank bar(s) get painted on ANH stunt?  Its the rear-most bar on each ear, correct?  I've seen a couple builds here with two rank stripes, so just want to confirm before I put any paint down.

Thanks!

hace 11 minutos, Alikh dijo:

Quick question- what rank bar(s) get painted on ANH stunt?  Its the rear-most bar on each ear, correct?  I've seen a couple builds here with two rank stripes, so just want to confirm before I put any paint down.

Thanks!

Hi Alex.

The "rank (black) stripe" is optional at Basic and Level 2, but is required at Level 3 and may only have one. 

ZxLFLba.jpg?1

:salute:

• Like 2

think the helmet is done?  Minus the seal that I need to replace with an S seal down the road.

FRONT

Ts2St80.jpg

LEFT

mzQgVDD.jpg

RIGHT

welm1vh.jpg

INTERIOR

m3EJM0f.jpg

and tried on with the neck seal, for good measure

9j4sAWF.jpg

h8nIWYk.jpg

Edited by Alikh
  • Like 1

Nice work, looking good.

You may want to angle your hovi's down a little, for this I use an angled/wedged piece of rubber pipe, just slice the rubber on an angle, put it between the hovi and helmet and where ever the wedge is the angle will push the hovi in that direction.

h8nIWYk.jpg 9j4sAWF.jpg

References:

DaveMANH08.jpg.1f29feb19b5aac7070d45b21be831740.jpg

LFL_Storm_Stunt01.thumb.jpg.22efe340107ec3473553a7f71f5afb37.jpg

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, looking good.

You may want to angle your hovi's down a little, for this I use an angled/wedged piece of rubber pipe, just slice the rubber on an angle, put it between the hovi and helmet and where ever the wedge is the angle will push the hovi in that direction.

h8nIWYk.jpg 9j4sAWF.jpg

References:

DaveMANH08.jpg.1f29feb19b5aac7070d45b21be831740.jpg

LFL_Storm_Stunt01.thumb.jpg.22efe340107ec3473553a7f71f5afb37.jpg

Thanks, good to know!  I wondered a bit about the hovis when I first installed them but hadn't thought about it since.  Thanks for pointing it out!

• 3 months later...

Ok, so getting back to this! Summer was so busy with work and the kids that I unfortunately had to take a hiatus on my build.  But I am back now!

Looking over what I need to do once more I do have one question- Is there a post/list somewhere of all of the cover strip sizes?  I have a bunch of ABS strips from AP, but they are about 1-2in wide and 12-18in long.  I assume I need to cut my strips from that.

Thanks!

Arms front and back 15mm

Thighs front and back 20mm

Shins front 20mm, rear 25mm

Lengths are cut to fit your armor pieces

gallery_12157_59_58592.jpg

gallery_12157_59_52731.jpg

gallery_12157_59_31131.jpg

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Arms front and back 15mm

Thighs front and back 20mm

Shins front 20mm, rear 25mm

Lengths are cut to fit your armor pieces

Thank you!!!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Began assembling the right forearm.  Had to cut each piece a bit to make them line up cleanly.  Also first time ever using e6000, maybe went a little heavy handed.  Any advice on removing the excess?

0phXtNE.jpg