Imperial Trooper Suit for approval to the 501st

Hey all,

Just thought I’d post a quick introduction, my name is Richard, I’m from Australia, I’m an avid Starwars fan, and have been since I saw Starwars when it first came to the Cinema in 1977 lol. I’ve always had an interest in the 501st and have watched many videos of other Garrisons around the globe.

I’m super keen to become a member of the Southern Cross Garrison in the capacity of an Imperial Storm Trooper. I’d love to build my own suit, but time doesn’t permit me to with work. I’d actually love to buy a ready to wear suit and make the minor alterations if need for approval. I know there are many companies that sell the Storm Trooper suit as a complete set, although from what I’ve read, a lot are not movie correct and would not pass approval.

So I’m saying this, is there any advice you could give me on what company I could buy a ready to wear, and one that would be approved, or would need minor mods to become approved? Cheers in advance,

Kindest Regards Rich

Hi Richard and welcome aboard, I am also from down under but opposite side.

Getting started section is where you can find some great information, especially in regards to obtaining armor .

RS props do commission builds, here's a recent thread on the subject

A sizing thread

Unboxing thread

Hope those help get you on your way

Here's a Google search for other RS commission info 

https://www.google.com/search?q=rs+commission+whitearmor+site:www.whitearmor.net&sxsrf=ALeKk03AnoMii-3MnJTiEVUz9QQfuAw9PA:1617090067454&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwij6Kj4wdfvAhWiIbcAHcH5C54QrQIoBHoECAMQBQ&biw=1354&bih=574

• Like 1

Welcome aboard Richard!
Glen has posted some good threads to get your teeth into, but certainly feel free to ask loads of questions, we are here to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello Richard,

As Glen indicated, RS is the one to go to usually if you are looking for movie accurate commission built.

Ross (RWA) and Paul (TROOPERMASTER) , both from UK, also take on commission too, if you want an option beside RS. Look them up in Facebook and ask.

Here on the forum we have some wonderful build threads on both of them too, just head to the ANH build section and see for yourself.

Good luck and have fun.

• Like 2

G’day Richard

Welcome from Hookturnistan, aka Victoria!

Have you asked on the SCG forums if anyone is doing commissions locally? Might be an option to import the armour and have a local assemble it for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome Richard!

Rudi has an excellent point.  Having someone local build it would give you the opportunity to be more involved in its construction and give you the confidence you'll need to make repairs or alterations later.  Also if you haven't already, consider having it built to the higher standards of Expert Infantry and Centurion for added screen accuracy.  We are in the midst of celebrating reaching 1000 troopers who've reached Expert infantry status and 500 Centurion!