Can’t find help and I can’t go any further on my build

I’m not sure what to do. I’m thinking of selling my kit and buying a finished one. I can’t find anybody local that’s able to help me or people to commission near by and I don’t want to ship to the states because it takes FOREVER!!! Lol and currency exchange is ridiculous so what are some other options?

I’m not mad at anyone I appreciate any suggestions that are brought to me but everyone here tells me to find someone local to help and everyone local tells me to come here for help so it’s frustrating but I’m not mad at all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's unfortunate that nobody can help locally, as I've mentioned in the past a lot of garrisons hold armor workshops but with covid the way it is there is not a lot of troop movement let alone armor workshops. I'm in Australia so can't help as shipping would cost you an arm and a leg and also I'm out of action due to some medical stuff.

The First Order Stormtrooper is a little more challenging compared to a lot of other armor, the Original Trilogy armor does not need filling and painting where the First Order does. I think you will have issues finding an armor maker who can supply a finished kit, I would suggest reaching out to some of the makers to enquire before thinking of selling your armor.

All I can suggest is keep looking through the armor build areas, the build although a little challenging has been done by a lot of people exactly in your position and they have managed to come through. If you feel you just can't it's either a case of keep trying to find someone to help or try to find an armor maker who will supply completed.

Good luck

• Like 4

Aiden, have you started any of your kit yet?

Don't despair, none of us had built armour when we started out in this hobby. Building armour it is a skill you very quickly acquire once you start, and trust me, it is not as daunting as it may seem to you at this present moment.

Post up a photo of your kit first, then choose a piece that you think might be easier to start on, post up a photo of that, and we will guide you through the process.

You are not in this alone and I promise you, your confidence will indeed grow once you make your first move.

You can do it, I have every faith in you.

• Like 2

Don't despair, none of us had built armour when we started out in this hobby. building armour it is a skill you very quickly quire once you start, and trust me, it is not at daunting as it may seem to you at this present moment.
Post up a photo of your kit first, then choose a piece that you think might be easier to start on, post up a photo of that, and we will guide you through the process.
You are not in this alone and I promise you, your confidence will indeed grow once you make your first move.
You can do it i have every faith in you.

d75eeba4596ba8ce6d56b0946ed1a5d4.jpg

• Like 1

Don't despair, none of us had built armour when we started out in this hobby. building armour it is a skill you very quickly quire once you start, and trust me, it is not at daunting as it may seem to you at this present moment.
You can do it i have every faith in you.

d42d657a303036ce59661eed1bdf0507.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Aiden,

Which Garrison are you involved with?

I’ve been building clone troopers since 2008 & recommend contacting your local garrisons Clone Trooper Detachment members. As the FOTK kit is assembled similar to the internal cover strips & butt joins we use on the AOTC & ROTS realistic version clone troopers.

I’m sure my clone brothers would be more than happy to assist you with your build

Im based in New Zealand if you need any remote support

Cheers,
Phil
aka KiwiCaptainRex

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I built a galactic marine clone kit and learned how to shim - the process sounds similar to what you have to do with your fotk kit. Please read my build doc and scroll down to the part
“Shimming Armor”
Link: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MLWhXs6wegJA4m5T4m2ShO0Ms0ElCLwDRUtEjTAe4eE/edit

I am also stuck on my build so don’t get discourage. Take a deep breath and you will get through it. Don’t give up.

• Like 1