FISD 15th Anniversary Coin Design Contest [CLOSED]

Sly11

1 hour ago, wook1138 said:

I was hoping it would be more obvious.  :P

You are the best Greg, love the 1st April design :laugh1::jc_doublethumbup:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Is it worth linking this thread via FB? I hate to admit it, but, I feel most people use socials more regularly than the forum. A little note with a link on the FB group might stir up some more entries. :-)

• Like 5

My design has 2 variations - a regular solid coin and a coin with a cutout - of course the cutout would require a different back. Both feature enamel with glitter in it - something with a celebratory feel. I loved the fact that this is the one time where the number 15 can be found in FISD (with the right font of course) so that was really the basis of the idea, as well as including both OT and FO TK's. One that note I focused on the 3 colors found in the respective FISD logos - Clasic FISD Blue and Yellow, First order Red and Yellow - with Yellow being the unifying elements between the red and blue. 

Ive updated to include the word ANNIVERSARY. 

Here is the first version of the coin
MyIifSo.jpg

Here is the alternate design featuring cutouts around the troopers.

OhfEIy9.jpg

Edited by Etrooper70
updated image
  • Like 18

On 3/31/2021 at 1:02 PM, iceknyght said:

LOL!  Well, there is no "O" roman numeral, so that's a plus, right?  LOL!

On 3/31/2021 at 11:35 AM, iceknyght said:

This may be a little too abstract for most people (I know a lot of people usually want to see pics of helmets, characters, weapons and whatnot), but I liked how it turned out, so I figured I'd at least sub it.  The first side takes some elements and colors from the FISD logo(s) as well as the back plate of the TK's.  The second side has all the info.  All using the colors and typefaces from the OP.

fisd-coin-01.png?crc=97004130

This is an awesome design- my favorite one

• Like 2

Eric, as you know the EI coin is always a variant of whatever we have going on.  So is it possible to see an EI version of this?

1 hour ago, Daetrin said:

Eric, as you know the EI coin is always a variant of whatever we have going on.  So is it possible to see an EI version of this?

Wouldn't it just be on a Gold coin as opposed to a silver ?

I think the edge needs to be smooth as we usually have the numbers etched on the edge to keep track of EI coins too.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

Eric - Does your cutout design feature what I guess you could call a monetary edge like the first design?  Or is it a solid edge?

Could be either. I created the non cutout render using a blank stock image coin - so  it could be smooth. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, starsaber25 said:

Eric - Does your cutout design feature what I guess you could call a monetary edge like the first design?  Or is it a solid edge?

It can be either -  If it needs to be smooth to accommodate engraving then it could be - this is just meant for coin design concept. 

13 hours ago, Daetrin said:

Oh I didnt know we had to show an EIB variant too? Per other comments would it just be gold versus silver or does it need unique artwork?

10 hours ago, Etrooper70 said:

Oh I didnt know we had to show an EIB variant too? Per other comments would it just be gold versus silver or does it need unique artwork?

Correct Eric, and no need to show a variant for EI based on the comments.

• Like 1

Tradition has just been a gold version to cut down on overall costs as vendors charge for overall quantity, so it’s cheaper to lump them together.

Plus the whole cap on merch.

• Like 1

If you are working on a design for the coin competition please remember this closes off on May 1st, you are running low on time to submit your entry.

• Like 2

If you are working on a design for the coin competition please remember this closes off on May 1st, you are running low on time to submit your entry.
I was working on one version, but was reading the requirements again and it's for approved 501st members. I'm not an approved member yet. Bummer.

1 hour ago, JasonG said:
On 4/30/2021 at 1:20 PM, Sly11 said:

I was working on one version, but was reading the requirements again and it's for approved 501st members. I'm not an approved member yet. Bummer.

May need @Sly11 to confirm as although it says "approved members" it also says "If you can see this post, you can enter" which obviously you can see ;) 

• Like 1

May need [mention=20699]Sly11[/mention] to confirm as although it says "approved members" it also says "If you can see this post, you can enter" which obviously you can see

I was curious about this myself, since that’s my story too. I’m a forum member, but not a Legion member. But I wouldn’t have had a design to submit anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least historically we've never prevented people from submitting artwork.  Our first webmaster and graphics guy was V'Pier, who never owned a TK.  We had another DWM who also was not a 501st TK.  Not sure what reason we'd give for only allowing 501st folk/TK to submit designs....

I agree with Paul. I don’t see any reason why someone who is not an approved member couldn’t submit a design for the context. The only thing that would be a bummer if that person did win would be that they couldn’t purchase their coin. However, there would be no reason why that person couldn’t be gifted one for their efforts. 

• Like 2