ESB TK WIP - UKG - first build - hoping for centurian

CallMeMrTibbles

Thanks Joseph

I've ordered a new RWA knee, as getting this far and then having to 'make do' with something that isn't as close as I can make it feels like giving up at the last hurdle.

Thanks for the extra pics. Plenty to refer to when trimming the new knee

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

That pic from the UK thread is after trimming as per the advice, and there's no way that's going to get any better (I think fits worse).

No problem. New knee on order and will start it again.

Hi Richard, the photo you posted after the sniper knee trimming looks good to me, just a few adjustment is needed to fit better. As Joseph explained, different makers have some details that fit better than others . In this case RWA Armor allows to fit the sniper knee in a great manner, (I have done) .  My suggestion was made in order to reduce, (not eliminate it cause is very difficult), a bit more the gap between the Sniper Knee and the Cover strip while keeping the alignment with the ridges.

First photo                                               Second Photo                                         

47JZuo6.jpg      7c5Ame8.jpg

Original Gap 

3eQwmSc.jpg?2

I apologies if I wasn't clear and made you buy extra pieces. We are here to help and serve every step on the way  and we'll be more than happy when you achieve  the Centurion Badge under your name as we imaging the smile of pride  in your face.

Additionally , let me say you're doing a great work  posting photos and making questions before taking the step. Keep it up.  

:salute:

• Like 4

Hadn't realised that my earlier post had come across that way, sorry. Definitely didn't mean to imply I thought you'd given bad advice. I'm extremely grateful to all the help and advice you've given.

This knee conversation has only come about because I trimmed too much off the trailing edge in the first place, and I totally put my hands up for that.

The advice and suggestions from all concerned has been much appreciated, but in the end the 'best' solution was to just get the new knee, and that's fine. It's all just part of the learning curve

• Like 2

Hopefully less contentious question

Is it OK at all levels to put a piece of abs inside the belt to stop sagging when the blaster is in the holster? Or can it create other issues? Is there another/better way to stop sagging?

Thanks

2 hours ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Hopefully less contentious question emoji16.png

Is it OK at all levels to put a piece of abs inside the belt to stop sagging when the blaster is in the holster? Or can it create other issues? Is there another/better way to stop sagging?

Thanks

:laugh1: None question is contentious in any way Richard, make all the questions you have with confidence, our main goal in the FISD is to Help .

About the Canvas belt, the CRL states fot L3

Canvas belt can not contain patches of any sort.
Canvas belt must be firm / sturdy in appearance. No creasing or sagging 

You can put the abs piece as you need but this must be not noticeable and please remember  Joseph 's las recommendations some days ago about the AB Belt.

CRL L3: The corners of the plastic ammo belt shall be trimmed at a 45 degree angle that that meets the outer edge of the cloth belt.

"Also, when attaching your canvas belt to the ABS belt, remember that the lower angle of the 45 degree corners need to line up with the top and bottom of the canvas belt as seen below, and the button covers should not have too much space between them and the ends of the belt (green arrow)."

Reference image

SalnOzT.jpg     OCClhfh.jpg

You can also check this Trooper's solution to the same issue.

Hope this can help :salute:

• Like 1

Thanks

I was thinking something along the lines of the same plastic insert into the belt, but hadn't considered doing the whole belt. Can see that just doing a small section could be visible on the outside. I guess the easiest solution is to actually the holster as little as possible!

Did you mention the belt buttons because you've seen too large a gap on my belt?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

emoji106.png Thanks emoji4.png

I was thinking something along the lines of the same plastic insert into the belt, but hadn't considered doing the whole belt. Can see that just doing a small section could be visible on the outside. I guess the easiest solution is to actually the holster as little as possible!

Did you mention the belt buttons because you've seen too large a gap on my belt?

The comments about the abs belt are Joseph's. Take a look back in this thread. :salute:

• Like 1

If you do a small section it may be seen, you don't have to do the whole belt, I have some plastic which sits just behind the plastic belt section (hits the snap so it can't move) then runs to under the detonator so you can't see that plastic is actually there.

• Like 1

If you do a small section it may be seen, you don't have to do the whole belt, I have some plastic which sits just behind the plastic belt section (hits the snap so it can't move) then runs to under the detonator so you can't see that plastic is actually there.

That sounds good. Thanks, will look into doing the same

• Like 1

Still gotta trim the thigh tops and kidney notches, attach back of boots to shins and just waiting for the final sniper knee. Otherwise, I 'think' finished.

More pics tomorrow to see if there's stuff I've missed.aa53017af8b1833df6de10f92f48a90e.jpgf09ede8d67d6828cca850e4eef9d42f1.jpg8d6bed7c1dc2ebe512cff248966ed63c.jpg

• Like 2

Nice work, looking the part now. You could pull up your biceps just a little as they are just on the edge of popping out, also watch the heights of the thighs, they should match.

Not long now

8d6bed7c1dc2ebe512cff248966ed63c.thumb.jpg.46df644aec2707183faabae18f04d8dc.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks

Will sort thigh heights this week.

Biceps are attached to shoulder bells by elastic so won't pop out, and deliberately had them as far down as I could because I have long limbs (even for someone 195cm tall). Would it be better to have larger gaps at the elbow and move the biceps higher up?

ESB do have slightly lower biceps than ANH, if you think your strapping is tight enough you can leave were they are, I only mention as they can get jammed together if they come out and overlap.

esbb.png.296dbec9cd0529850fc41410decd1beb.png

• Like 1

Cool, thanks (didn't know this ESB / ANH difference).

Will leave as they are for now, but will wear a lot before trooping to see if there's an issue and adjust if necessary

1 hour ago, CallMeMrTibbles said:

Cool, thanks (didn't know this ESB / ANH difference).

Compare these two images and you will see the biceps sit a lot lower in ESB

Stormtrooper_Corps.png.48302269a5dd8e5928f5b1bd5109e8c8.png506645867_ESBtroopsandlobot.jpg.7f0f93a46a95f51775f474badd8d1628.jpg

Some cool info here on some of the other differences 

• Like 1

Looking SHARP. Richard... outstanding work on this armor, sir!  Once you are 501st approved, I hope we will be seeing your submission for Expert Infantry (and then Centurion)!  ;)

• Like 1

Looking SHARP. Richard... outstanding work on this armor, sir!  Once you are 501st approved, I hope we will be seeing your submission for Expert Infantry (and then Centurion)!  
Thanks Joseph. Really appreciate all the compliments.

Once approved for basic you'll definitely be seeing my advanced submissions!

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Think I'm all set for UKG basic clearance.
While I'm waiting to find out can anyone spot any higher level clearance issues?

(There is an elastic loop over both shoulder bridges, even though it doesn't look like it in the pics)

Thanks

26b70c6903272e44d931ced65b55f1f3.jpg2c834daccd2678bd99b625709ac8a580.jpga70bb34fd87d02a3dc18c99b346fcbbb.jpg11ff15d6806d86f2a8fc3000ecb143b8.jpgc69a0ff446b2c78618cfdbd3670e90aa.jpg9aed2b594c03bbdc5985c5aa33974e4b.jpg4971cf44cce1d35ed38e1a164cdb0788.jpg19b84299db3e6ec7cc6319d640cc1a1c.jpg

• Like 1

Amazing looking Richard!!  great work. Easy basic pass!! :jc_doublethumbup:

Just a simple dressing detail to consider :

You my want to rotate your thighs inward to reduce the Cod/thighs gap a little, as you did in the first photo you posted.

oC5uSV7.jpg?2  GA3752p.jpg?3

• Like 1

Amazing looking Richard!!  great work. Easy basic pass!! :jc_doublethumbup:

Just a simple dressing detail to consider :

You my want to rotate your thighs inward to reduce the Cod/thighs gap a little, as you did in the first photo you posted.

oC5uSV7.jpg?2  GA3752p.jpg?3

Thanks

Deliberately rotated them out a bit so that the thigh and shin coverstrips lined up better. Do you think the gap is a more important detail?