I Don’t want to quit but I can’t build

Hello all I appreciate everyone trying to help very much but at the same time I’m very confused on what to do to finish my armour. everyone on here recommend going on a local 501st page to look for help and everyone on there tells me to come here. Most of it is trimmed I’d say about 90% but I have no idea how to use bondo and all that stuff I live in Canada and I have an imperial surplus kit so it’s very expensive especially with shipping and currency exchange to ship out to commission I’m looking for someone in Canada hopefully Ontario I could pay to help or commission to finish it as I really want to get it done but at the same time I don’t have any room to do the painting, bondo, etc if anyone here is in Canada preferably Ontario and is willing to help I GREATLY APPRECIATE IT!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello if you have an Imperial Surplus Kit is that a Femtrooper?

There are some great build threads here full of information and images which should give you some visual reference of what's involved

A lot of local garrisons do have armor build days but I'm not sure about your particular garrison.

• Like 1

Hello if you have an Imperial Surplus Kit is that a Femtrooper?

There are some great build threads here full of information and images which should give you some visual reference of what's involved

A lot of local garrisons do have armor build days but I'm not sure about your particular garrison.

It’s the first order stormtrooper kit almost fully trimmed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Kyloren2580 said:

It’s the first order stormtrooper kit almost fully trimmed

In that case even better, we have a full section just on FOTK's, build threads, references and more https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/218-first-order-battle-group/

• Like 2

Learning the skills to build and repair your armor is one of the best parts of costuming, but I do wish you good luck, as finding someone to give guidance in person can be very helpful (though challenging in these COVID times...) - for that, I would still look to your local unit as gatherings and armor parties are finally starting to be planned again as conditions improve. Let us know if you need help finding their forum or often Facebook page/group. I would definitely look more into the threads Glen linked before hiring out... you'd be surprised what you can learn, and many of the frustrations or worries you have now may already be addressed and documented in one of those threads!

Bondo is relatively straight forward, and as to paint - a $30USD mini-spray booth like this in the yard or garage can be a HUGE help, or finding a flexible autobody shop to do the final paint may also be a great option (Fiat 249 white?!)! I did most of the prep at my living room coffee table or on my patio (before building a garage workbench), and I rattle-canned my entire ROTK with Rust-Oleum 2X White and plan to do the same for my FOTK project. Where there's a will, there's a way and we're here to help if you have any specific questions! The Imperial Surplus kit is wonderful, so you're off to a good start, and most of the ABS FOTKs go together the same, so you can probably use any of the KB, 850, etc build threads for inspiration - just be thorough in your research and patient - accept that mistakes will be made, then overcome! We ALL started somewhere. :

shopping?q=tbn:ANd9GcTRrKw-QMisL_NOJtt-JTMGAtLpa0C1NBsOC2WfWL0aBBvvBEDubdQ22URStJhHF0IZrAx5HhOWOCUj5Grwd1wn9lw7D_I7e1hUpa5y_00&usqp=CAY

Edited by TheRascalKing
  • Like 3

I understand your frustration when I first started my build I really wanted in person guidance and help but covid made that nearly impossible now a days. So I just made sure I stayed patient and on the forums here posting pics of my progress and asking all questions here. FISD helped me get through the rough times where I felt like giving up. But nothing felt better then having done it yourself. You got this.

• Like 2