MesdupBoogie Requesting Pre-Approval Review ANH Stunt (Anovos)

Advance warning: This is a fairly long post with multiple additional pictures for feedback on future advanced certification. Thank you for your consideration.  

1. First/Last Name: Jason Jenkins

2. Future Garrison/Squad/Outpost or local area:

Timberline Garrison, Sawtooth Mountain Squad

3.  Armor maker: Anovos 

4.  Helmet maker: Anovos   

5.  Cloth belt maker: Anovos, DIY canvas overlay & plastic reinforcement. 

6.  Neck seal maker: Anovos

7.  Boot maker: TK Boots

8. Interior strapping: Industrial Velcro

9.  Blaster maker (if applicable): Rubies

10.  Gasket maker (if applicable): N/A

11.  Height  (optional): 5’10”

12.  Weight (optional): 185lb 

13.  TK type (ANH Stunt/Hero. ESB, ROTJ. TFA etc.): ANH Stunt 

14.  Name(s) of any Trooper(s) who significantly helped with your build: Jedi5150

15: Gloves: Anovos rubber, Trooperbay latex handguards

16: Kidney armor shims from Anovos plastic.  Donut Brigade/Porkchop Patrol temporary duty assignment anticipated. 

Front View:

atEEOQk.jpg

Just noticed that my sniper knee looks all askew in that pic. That was from the whole lower leg getting twisted. Here’s the sniper knee close up:

TJnBa6Y.jpg

Back View:

f6Y2B35.jpg

I’ve noted that the right posterior plate is gapping widely to the side and will fix the strapping. 

Left side:BCZ2zYh.jpg

Right side:

HDOrKOF.jpg

Abdomen plate:

IBR0mcc.jpg

Ab plate close up #2:

pKZvj4f.jpg

Helmet front:

A9d4JoN.jpg

Helmet left:

w9aWznX.jpg

Helmet right:

Forluv0.jpg

Detail photos of additional items. Both sides of the blaster. Eventual goal is to bring the build to EIB/Centurion after I source a proper blaster.

Following that, other images from the EIB/Centurion list if not included earlier. If this makes the post too cumbersome, I’m happy to edit them out. 

Blaster left:

d1pPln4.jpg

Blaster right:

DqNwXOV.jpg

Left kidney/ab seam detail:

7ZD1rLO.jpg

Right kidney/ab seam detail. Sorry about the wonky light reflection on the kidney plate:

img1ojE.jpg

Ab button plate detail:

j3SbqTI.jpg

Cod/posterior connection:

MzmBQkt.jpg

Interior strapping:

i98TMsi.jpg

Wrist opening (some foam padding slipped & will need re-gluing):

WKIfZqq.jpg

Sniper knee left:

CARJo21.jpg

Sniper knee right:

O5KvCAi.jpg

Thigh ammo left side:

RJ3LSy2.jpg
The cover strip on this thigh is undergoing additional glue and clamping to tighten the gap. 

Thigh ammo right side:

b8fy977.jpg

Helmet rear:

VIxHjPX.jpg

Per Tat2trooper’s feedback, I cleaned up the sloppy painting on the traps. The black specks on the right side were wiped off after the photo. 
UcMjRTZ.jpg

Helmet interior & green lens backlighting:

AFKCP39.jpg

Helmet s-trim:

Fts4S9J.jpg

Hovi tips:

V1pUe6a.jpg

Neck seal:

wgXUb87.jpg

Thermal detonator front:

LsqZrKY.jpg

Thermal detonator rear:

zi07FrU.jpg

Holster attachment:

1U5vUUv.jpg

Belt/holster assembly, outer side:

B3SzRCr.jpg

ABS/Canvas belt (rear). The top Chicago screws are blind fastened into stiffening plastic, and not visible from the outside.

mhx820q.jpg

I used the Anovos canvas belt as a base for a stiffer “sandwich” belt. There are no visible patches.  The top holster Chicago screws blind fasten into a piece of stiffening plastic (wet paint sign from the hardware store). The bottom screws penetrate all layers. There’s a piece of canvas above the plastic to hide the top screws and stiffening plastic. Covering all of that is a hemmed canvas belt overlay. 

The canvas overlay is sewn as far as possible under the ABS and extends to underneath the Velcro on the loop side. On the hook side, it runs from under the ABS all the way to the end of the belt. The end result is the appearance of a one piece canvas belt, but with hidden reinforcements and stronger holster attachment. If the outer layer becomes stained or worn, it can be replaced without disassembling the entire belt. 

IfC2I5y.png

Boots:

Jjd2U2A.jpg

Gloves flat:

P5mazLa.jpg

Gloves flexed:

3o7dHRe.jpg

Edited by MesdupBoogie
  • Like 1

Might have to repaint those lines there kind of shaky. The cover strip on back thigh has some gaps may need to be re done. I'm not to sharp on the e11 details. You already addressed the butt plate issue. Think you are on the right track Jason. :salute:

Thanks for the feedback. 

I was 50:50 on cutting back on the caffeine & redoing the rear traps before submission. They were freehand and a little generous on the “hand painted” appearance. That should be a straightforward cleanup. 

I’m adding glue & clamping the thigh covers right now. 

The E11 is just bare bones basic; looking for a good rubber blaster for the future. 

ETA: The Drunken Centipede paint is cleaned. That would be a great name for a pub, wouldn’t it? I incorporated your suggestion, cleaned the traps, and put the updated image in the OP. 

Edited by MesdupBoogie
Updated info
  • Like 1

Nice work on this armor, Jason!  :duim:   I think you should be fine for Basic approval (depending on your GML) but if I could make a few suggestions, they would be:

Your bucket seems to be riding pretty high and should "ideally" sit a bit lower.  Padding in the top is not a requirement for any level, and removing it may help you see better as it will lower the eye openings.  Plus, you should not be able to see the interior of the bucket (blue arrows).

IBFhQeM.jpg?1         L19hkxr.jpg?2  HT0TLom.jpg?2

Gau07ng.jpg         akwjT7Y.jpg?1  Z1FQtcJ.jpg?1

Just a few strapping adjustments that will improve your look..

1.  Right shoulder bell could be moved in a bit to match the left one.

2.  Forearms should be raised.  As of now the wrist openings are riding over the tops of the hand guards.

3.  ABS belt could come up about 1/4 to 1/2 an inch (1cm).

4. Right thigh could come down to match the left.

Fj4ciHq.jpg

• Like 1

Nice work, apart from what has already been stated, you have a few gap issues on the butt plate (also touching thighs) and between back plate and kidney. Also drop boxes are a little low and not aligned with the ends of the plastic belt. Velcro can be seen on the rear next to the TD. If you look from the side the plastic belt section is appears to being pulled down compared to your fabric belt and its bunching were they meet.

Also looks like your blaster is a basic Rubies which will need to be replaced for L2 or L3

20210322_185943.thumb.jpg.10aeabff1c8e76db9d68dfa257df66b3.jpg

20210322_190011.thumb.jpg.9150e4b476fa9736fb4930ce6b3e1211.jpg

20210322_190048.thumb.jpg.ca1ba8bed1de8b4918c4ebc03bda7055.jpg

A few tweaks will make you look top notch.

• Like 1

Thanks for all the detailed feedback. My day job will be busy for the next week or two, but I’ll work on incorporating these fixes. 

Update 23 March:

Hellhounds E-11 blaster ordered

Right thigh rear cover strip removed & reglued. 

Edited by MesdupBoogie
  • Like 2

I'm new at this, so PLEASE DON"T ACT ON THIS without someone more experienced weighing in.....

I am trimming the eyes of my helmet right now and I have removed a lot more material than you have. It could be a difference between the ATA and Anovos helmets.

I've been using this as a reference but it is an ATA helmet not Anovos.

7 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

I'm new at this, so PLEASE DON"T ACT ON THIS without someone more experienced weighing in.....

I am trimming the eyes of my helmet right now and I have removed a lot more material than you have. It could be a difference between the ATA and Anovos helmets.

I've been using this as a reference but it is an ATA helmet not Anovos.

It is always best to use the reference gallery when ever building BUT some makes of armor wont be exactly the same, also you may find older builds not up to date with current CRL's so.check several builds 

Updates:

Reglued thigh cover strip as above.

Hellhounds blaster ordered, as above. 

Adjusted various strapping and helmet height. 

Tweaked the kidney shim to ab join height. 

Re-sewed portion of belt, changed Velcro attachment, adjusted height. The right side has a wrinkle that I’ll work on removing, but it’s not under nearly as much tension. Moved drop boxes out and up. 

I know there’s a bit of rotation between pieces like the ab and chest in this pic. I have a leg length discrepancy with some pelvic tilt and a touch of scoliosis from that. 

Vv24rA5.jpg

FCzBy15.jpg

iGVSHVC.jpg

OtDdnMu.jpg

MjVGvSE.jpg

4JHE0hO.jpg

Edited by MesdupBoogie
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...