E-11 Previously Unknown Prop Details

gmrhodes13

1 hour ago, T-Jay said:

Following - as it seems like I have to update the FISD E-11 Blaster Reference once this topic here has been sorted. ;)

Nice! The Reference continues!!!! 
Hopefully more high def pics or some undiscovered pics can help shed more light on these parts. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

The one he shows on his own weapon in the video is 16 pin, but I counted 7 pins on one side in the screen cap.  I could be off, though, as the pic is a little blurry. 

ibPHukK.png  

Yea I was referring to this photo, my bad

XYmfkZP.png?2

On 3/18/2021 at 9:04 PM, justjoseph63 said:

That is a screen cap I took from the youtube video of his own weapon that he added it to.  Wish we had a close-up view of the actual ones but I doubt we will ever see any details.

Ah.

Quick question:  I'm not sure if it's possible, but is there a way to contact a person who posts a video on youtube via email or PM?  The reason I ask is that if we could get in touch with the guy who did this particular one and explain our situation (501st accuracy nerds) he may give us access to at least a few of those "secret" photos me mentioned in his video showing some details.  He obviously wants the world to know about them, and what better place than the HOME of TKs?  I wonder if anyone in the UKG knows him?  Hmmmm.

• Like 3

You can post a comment on his video, he replied to mine and most of the others but I can't see any other way to contact via YouTube 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Where are we on final positioning on these? I am ready to glue some on that I got from @justjoseph63, but I want to get it right. Also, do we have a guess as to how many have it on the front of the scope versus the back? Should I wait for a final CRL decision?

2 minutes ago, OddViking327 said:

Where are we on final positioning on these? I am ready to glue some on that I got from @justjoseph63, but I want to get it right. Also, do we have a guess as to how many have it on the front of the scope versus the back? Should I wait for a final CRL decision?

At this stage discussion has stalled, perhaps the bump to the thread will get it going again.

With regards to the positioning of these well that comes down to research, there are quite a few images in this thread showing positioning and you can't just say one position is for one particular trooper, we see many holding different blasters with differently placed details in many scenes if not the same scene, take Han for example.

Research is the key, you can find some great stills from the movies here if you'd like to research further.

As far as CRL work goes, the plan is to commence updates and re writes in the second half of this term. (August through to next Feb)

Considering these greeblies will not have any baring on any of the levels of accuracy, there is no rush to have them added to the CRL.

These will require a new back end template to be made to facilitate the addition of the images and the explanation of the greeblies. That template can not be created by the detachment it requires the LMO team to create the template.

As far as the discussion went, these are not seen on every blaster, nor is the positioning consistent. Not only this, most of the greeblies are not visible on screen so it is only a guess, how many had one, some, or a full set. Because of all of this, the little information we have really doesn't support mandating it at any level, it's just maybe a "nice to have"

Hi guys - long time no post but I'm coming back (family life forced my retirement from the UK Garrison), but I'm going to build a Fieldmarshall E-11 & find this really interesting.

Are these greeblies available for purchase?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Dixon9477 said:

(...)   Are these greeblies available for purchase?   (...)

You can contact @justjoseph63 for a set of them. Not sure yet, if he still has some left.

Oh, and welcome back. :)

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Dixon9477 said:

Are these greeblies available for purchase?

Joseph has a thread here 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, OddViking327 said:

As far as I can tell, the positioning of the top one looks pretty consistent.. placed just behind the ridge at the front.

Screen caps                                                                                Mine

axJdoSR.jpg DA5AMIQ.png?1 mhGEe1Y.jpg     MydqQq6.jpg?1

For the other two, we only have a single reference photo of each but they are clear enough to show the approximate position.

Screen caps                                                        Mine

6fk2cQo.png        Ml8QaYd.jpg?1  

hOHpNfp.png                        NBsbDDO.jpg?1

• Like 4

@justjoseph63 Thanks, the one behind the lug is easy enough, and the scope one does look fairly consistent, but do you have a photo of the square detail with more of the blaster showing? I am not certain where that is on the blaster, or which side, or which way is toward the barrel?

35 minutes ago, OddViking327 said:

@justjoseph63 Thanks, the one behind the lug is easy enough, and the scope one does look fairly consistent, but do you have a photo of the square detail with more of the blaster showing? I am not certain where that is on the blaster, or which side, or which way is toward the barrel?

Square detail is on the left side above the trigger and between the magazine and counter as shown below

blast2.png hOHpNfp.png

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

I accidentally stumbled upon this image while looking at a 2013 post from AsBlondeAsLuke.

2163716be10aa58bc7c18bb063b7522a.jpg

It was taken at a Star Wars exhibit in San Jose, CA. Provides some great detail on some of those added greeblies. I’m guessing it’s an ESB stunt or promo blaster given that it has what appears to be a solid sight rail?

Just thought it was cool as I don’t ever recall having seen one up close and detailed.

I accidentally stumbled upon this image while looking at a 2013 post from AsBlondeAsLuke.

It was taken at a Star Wars exhibit in San Jose, CA. Provides some great detail on some of those added greeblies. I’m guessing it’s an ESB stunt or promo blaster given that it has what appears to be a solid sight rail?

Just thought it was cool as I don’t ever recall having seen one up close and detailed.
That is a ROTJ blaster

Sent from my GM1900 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AradunFF said:

Some images of the blaster in this reference area ;) 

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
On 5/19/2021 at 4:47 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Square detail is on the left side above the trigger and between the magazine and counter as shown below

blast2.png hOHpNfp.png

I noticed that the square greeblie protrudes quite a bit.

image.jpeg.644d179ac15694981d8207e6ee3b086e.jpeg

I wonder if it's the same button seen on Leia's DDC and the Mersonn Power 5? (image courtesy of POSW)

image.png.74c81a4278ebd63b2632354b54e162ce.png

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 1010_nguyens said:

I noticed that the square greeblie protrudes quite a bit.

I wonder if it's the same button seen on Leia's DDC and the Mersonn Power 5? (image courtesy of POSW)

Hi Jonathan!  First, EXCELLENT catch on this, sir.  This will come as no surprise to those who know me, but you have officially ruined my Sunday!  (LOL, just kidding).  :laugh1:

Just when I thought I had it nailed, you come up with a pic showing that this particular greeb is definitely thicker than I thought.  It's the first photo of a side view I've seen, and the shadow underneath it proves this IMO.

However, I don't think it was the same one used on Leia's DDC for a few reasons..

Although the thickness looks closer, the close-up in the first pic shows what seems to me a flat, square top, whereas the button has a smaller top with the sides angles inward.  I could be wrong of course, as the blue arrow in the last pic shows what could be those sides, just unpainted.

But, there is still the rest of it to explain.  The yellow arrows (3rd image) show some sort of clips(?) and although the top is level with the folding stock it is a different color (green arrows), leading me to believe it was one whole piece.

ZAZh8u8.jpg    cOjijoB.png   Vx6W6BX.png

Unless we get one of the original prop makers involved (highly unlikely) I don't think we will ever know exactly what strange part was used, so I am thinking I may need to re-design my original.  

• Like 3

OK- so I had a little time this morning so I did some digging around and it seems like Jonathan is onto something.  When I designed mine, the only image we knew of was the main one of the side view, and it looked to be fairly flat.  But, his pic got me wondering if there were any more.  So, having no life I managed to find another which shows the thickness. It's faint, but if you look close it shows the front greeb on the folding stock as well.

ePGQ82r.png?1        KJmVBTd.jpg?1

Now for the bad news... In looking closer, I discovered yet another greeb.  Yikes.  It looks like a mini donut that sits on top of the magazine and has a wire/tube connected to the scope.

eizJ5Na.png

I am sure this was a one-off.. (please, Lord, tell me it's a one-off), and I am going to forget I ever saw that extra item.  

• Like 3

7 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

(...)   It looks like a mini donut that sits on top of the magazine and has a wire/tube connected to the scope.   (...)

eizJ5Na.png

Joseph, are you sure this is not just the regular power cylinder with a reflection of the parallel cylinder making it look like something is connected to the scope?! :huh: 

• Like 1