E-11 Previously Unknown Prop Details

gmrhodes13

You can definitely see that they grabbed or where given a blaster for what ever scene, there is one where the blaster changes while Han is holding it, with and without

blas10.thumb.png.48a09c47db03954d005bb816e44628a7.pngblas7.thumb.jpg.3ad35e73a2b9f1047d7c4aa3b2ddd8c3.jpg

Can see the extra detail on a lot of troopers in a lot of different scenes

blas1.thumb.png.3441c71b008d45b56561bc24a32a8289.pngblas2.thumb.png.8ecddd05242f4b48d2cb9632e0649fe4.pngblas3.png.33c43c0a85d4fafb702b23ed067c6624.pngblas4.thumb.png.3f58ed920dcf36bb39fc32a06c30a6e8.pngblas8.png.9ca3c544b7ea1bed4836dd37ce1c4b2b.pngblas11.thumb.jpg.6ee79078221b752da82361df103e8c37.jpgblast5.jpg.b049583ff35e3cf318fc3c0973575612.jpgblast6.jpg.af8d57a3dc5cc8909d14b598bf19bb51.jpg

oWe88hO.thumb.jpg.108f2c4bcff3df852be9a99319a95945.jpg

• Like 3

Like Locitas said, there were probably several different sockets used, whatever they pulled out of the bits box.
Because these seem to also be fairly inconsistent as some have obviously fallen off and others never had them attached it almost goes against the reasons we put things in CRL’s the key word being consistency, like the side rivets, buttons painted the way they are, number of screws in the ears etc etc. these are far from consistent it seems.
Once we run the full course with this discussion this should be put to the membership as a poll as to weather all the little extras should be added to Centurion level. I think we are certainly doing the research now for these tidbits and I look forward to seeing a larger group consensus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure we can/should add them as a requirement in the CRL. as too many folks would have trouble either sourcing or effectively replicating them.  This would lead to the number of L3 apps drop or be turned down for that reason alone.

Optional / acceptable?  My vote is yes.

• Like 4

I like the term optional myself as it comes back to my thoughts on inconsistency and how we have added higher level items In the past. I’d still like to get a broader feel for these greeblies but would be satisfied as optional add ons. A clear guide to placement would be needed if someone wanted to add them as it would look worse having these things stuck on blasters in the wrong spots. That would drive my OCD nuts lol. If added, each greeble must be positioned as per the below guide/image etc etc. This means we still need to add something to the CRL and in that case, discuss with the LMO team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Optional is definitely the way to go.

If you want to have it on, go ahead, this is how it's supposed to look like. If not, then that's fine too.

• Like 4

So where do we stand at this point?  I had some time on my hands so I made up the other greeb, made another silicone mold, cast a few in silver resin and painted/weathered them.  These are not attached of course, but are ready to go. :icon_beg:     This is where I am so far:

Looks like this one is centered under the second hole back from the bayonet lug.

UTL5Z2q.png?2  UwPBdjY.jpg?3

May have to think about the positioning on this one.  Looks to be right above where the grip meets the barrel, but I think the screen shot is a Bapty so it may be off.  I might re-do this one to make the button a little more square.

WWOaTq7.png?4  4AQCeXB.jpg

The screen shot has 7 pins, which I believe are turned UP rather than down flat against the barrel as seen in the video (last pic).

ibPHukK.png    hEhVM45.jpg?1   XYmfkZP.png?2

As I mentioned before, if these are approved I will send both greeblies cast in silver resin and two 7 pin IC sockets to anyone who wants a set for the price of postage.

• Like 4

I think if anyone wants to add these after an approval is not a problem.

If it's not in the CRL you are going to freak out GML's all over the world :laugh1:  Most applicants take photos with blasters even for basic where the blaster is not required but I can imagine the questions because many are accustomed to the E-11.

I also think you can charge a couple of bucks to cover your costs plus postage Joseph.

• Like 3

You should definitely get a bit of money for the greeblies, Joe. You absolutely deserve it for all the work you do, buddy.
I have the chips but I would love to get some of the other Greeblies for a few of the E11s I’m working on.
Let me know when you have some to send out.

1 hour ago, Sly11 said:

I think if anyone wants to add these after an approval is not a problem.

If it's not in the CRL you are going to freak out GML's all over the world :laugh1:  Most applicants take photos with blasters even for basic where the blaster is not required but I can imagine the questions because many are accustomed to the E-11.

I also think you can charge a couple of bucks to cover your costs plus postage Joseph.

Sounds like I have some gluing to be done once this makes it to the CRL.  At this point I think we just need to decide the exact position of the square button and the IC sockets.    

Although not required, for a higher level of screen accuracy on the E-11 certain greeblies may be added as an option:

1.  Two 14 pin IC sockets located on the sight as seen here:    EZDrF2O.png?1 

Front of forward socket shall sit directly behind front section of sight.  Back of rear socket shall be located directly in front of rear section as shown.  All prongs are bent upward.

The other greeblies can be added if you like, but since they are not too prominent we can omit them.  I really don't want to make the CRLs any more confusing.

In all honesty I don't feel as if I can charge for these.  The IC sockets cost me 18 cents each and the cost of resin to make the other parts is less than 10 cents.  Being borderline OCD I would rather see folks take advantage of adding them for screen accuracy.

• Like 6

Just as something I’ve seen and noticed, specifically on the Move Along, maybe the Leia shots as well, I always thought the front chip socket was two stacked. The one towards the rear was the single stack.
Probably doesn’t apply for regular stormtroopers, as I’ve not seen many that could be double stacked, besides the ones I listed.
Wish there were more pictures.

4 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

As I mentioned before, if these are approved I will send both greeblies cast in silver resin and two 7 pin IC sockets to anyone who wants a set for the price of postage.

I'd be in for a set.

Great to see how far this thread has come in such a short time.

Great work Joseph

• Like 1

On 3/13/2021 at 10:53 PM, Locitus said:

Optional is definitely the way to go.

If you want to have it on, go ahead, this is how it's supposed to look like. If not, then that's fine too.

Agreed. Optional is the way to go. 

Too many variations with the screen used blasters. But adding details like these makes for fun blaster building. :duim:

• Like 2

7 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Front of forward socket shall sit directly behind front section of sight.  Back of rear socket shall be located directly in front of rear section as shown.  All prongs are bent upward.

I'm not sure it's wise to dictate which way the legs are bent just yet, as long as it's not "downwards" (as in the way the normally are used).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Locitus said:

I'm not sure it's wise to dictate which way the legs are bent just yet, as long as it's not "downwards" (as in the way the normally are used).

I see your point, but I was basing that off of the fact that the sides in the reference image don't appear to be smooth and it looks (to me at least) as if they were bent up.  The legs do appear to be a bit wider, though.

CbO2WXG.png  R0xAlcL.jpg?1  zVknVh6.jpg

6 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

I see your point, but I was basing that off of the fact that the sides in the reference image don't appear to be smooth and it looks (to me at least) as if they were bent up.  The legs do appear to be a bit wider, though.

CbO2WXG.png  R0xAlcL.jpg?1  zVknVh6.jpg

That might be the case in that specific image. On the other one, it clearly looks spread out to the sides. So if those two are different, it's rather hard to dictate that either is "the one and only truth" and at the least we should in such case allow both variations.

13 hours ago, justjoseph63 said:

Sounds like I have some gluing to be done once this makes it to the CRL.  At this point I think we just need to decide the exact position of the square button and the IC sockets.    

Although not required, for a higher level of screen accuracy on the E-11 certain greeblies may be added as an option:

1.  Two 14 pin IC sockets located on the sight as seen here:    EZDrF2O.png?1 

The other greeblies can be added if you like, but since they are not too prominent we can omit them.  I really don't want to make the CRLs any more confusing.

In all honesty I don't feel as if I can charge for these.  The IC sockets cost me 18 cents each and the cost of resin to make the other parts is less than 10 cents.  Being borderline OCD I would rather see folks take advantage of adding them for screen accuracy.

This is awesome info, for what it's worth the IC sockets are 16 pin. 

Amazon has them - https://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-a11090300ux0244-2-54mm-Socket-Adaptors/dp/B0079SM1LW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=14+pin+ic+socket&qid=1616079500&sr=8-3

• Like 1

That is a screen cap I took from the youtube video of his own weapon that he added it to.  Wish we had a close-up view of the actual ones but I doubt we will ever see any details.

5 hours ago, ukswrath said:

This is awesome info, for what it's worth the IC sockets are 16 pin. 

Amazon has them - https://www.amazon.com/Uxcell-a11090300ux0244-2-54mm-Socket-Adaptors/dp/B0079SM1LW/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=14+pin+ic+socket&qid=1616079500&sr=8-3

The one he shows on his own weapon in the video is 16 pin, but I counted 7 pins on one side in the screen cap.  I could be off, though, as the pic is a little blurry. 

ibPHukK.png  

• Like 1

I'm in agreement with you, Joseph, that at least that particular chip has 14 pins, and that the screen-used ones may have had wider pins than what you found. I'm tempted to go back through the 3,688 screen captures (they include every instance in which even part of a TK are visible, whether it be part of a helmet peeking out from behind another character, a knee-pack barely above the trash compactor water, or Luke wearing TK-421's belt) I saved from SWSC's 4k image bank to see if I can find any additional angles or close-ups. Though I suspect you pros have already done that work. :)

• Like 2