E-11 Previously Unknown Prop Details

gmrhodes13

E-11 Previously Unknown Prop Details

Ran across this video and was amazed, I must have looked at these images 1,000's of times but yet missed these.

"This video will be about a hidden detail on the E-11 Stormtrooper Rifle, hitherto unknown for some 44 years(?). I came across these photos during my career in prop hire and I want to share this detail with you all"

Joe's Props and Artifacts Tour

blast6.png.34fa8a43a6b6d046cce0c4b45680e383.png

blast7.png.6cdf9d9456b21fbd205312ef42ad9539.png

blast4.png.e61047d008d38880b7b1bc47519bc94b.png

blast5.png.88ba945087cf3634253c923274fbaa68.png

blast2.png.527249a001485208dc2a72ca27fafb8b.png

blast3.png.3b5ee328d488396c1ac13bf786a2ad5f.png

blast8.png.90fadb253d648611171abf8c338fbf34.png

• Like 5

I had seen the parts on the scopes but never the other parts. Thanks for sharing this Glen. 
Rob, I want to check out the RPF thread in this. Interested to know what all the identified parts are. 

Edited by Bulldog44
  • Like 2

Now I'm overanalyzing (as usual) and noticing all sorts of things here.  Is it just me, or is there a tube with a cutout on the front bottom of the Hengstler counter?

bPhdX3F.png

The scope greeblie shown in the video is a lot differently shaped than the one in the close-ups, but I'm sure this because it's so obscure and would be impossible to find.  The one shown in the screen cap looks to be taller and rounded (sort of like a mail/letter box) whereas the one in the video is shorter, flat and wider.  I don't think the metal prongs were there, as they would probably snag on the holster (which may be some they are missing on some, though).

video                                  video                                          screen cap

cBQFDv8.png  3arjZzm.png?1   mHRHt5s.png   

So here is the million dollar question:  Can these odd parts be added as acceptable for Hero E-11s if they closely resemble the original?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

(...)   Is it just me, or is there a tube with a cutout on the front bottom of the Hengstler counter?   (...)

Nope, optical illusion. This is one of two raised sections on the counter socket to interlock with the next socket, when more counters are being installed side by side. See here.

The same raised bars (and slots) can be found on top and bottom of the socket (for installing them on top of each other).

52 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

(...)   The one shown in the screen cap looks to be taller and rounded (sort of like a mail/letter box) whereas the one in the video is shorter, flat and wider.   (...)

There also is a screen cap of Luke's E-11 with the shorter, flat and wider part. Maybe there were variations of these, like with the many E-11 blasters...

Edited by T-Jay
  • Like 3

Had some time today and thought I'd try to replicate these new-found greeblies for my Hero blaster.... one down, 2 to go.   I think this may be part of the fuel assembly for a 1960 Bristol 406 (just kidding, I have no idea).

Not sure if I'm going to permanently attach them yet but I am making silicone molds in case anyone wants free copies.

UTL5Z2q.png?2  UwPBdjY.jpg?3

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, justjoseph63 said:

Had some time today and thought I'd try to replicate these new-found greeblies for my Hero blaster.... one down, 2 to go.   I think this may be part of the fuel assembly for a 1960 Bristol 406 (just kidding, I have no idea).

Not sure if I'm going to permanently attach them yet but I am making silicone molds in case anyone wants free copies.

UTL5Z2q.png?2  UwPBdjY.jpg?3

Nice work Joseph

• Like 1

Pretty exciting when new things are talked about.Nice work Joseph on your detail upgrade, of course after approval any one can add these greebies to their blasters if they wish.

As we go for a standardized look, not sure if we would add then to the CRL's unless we can get better information on what some of the parts are, but that is a discussion we can certainly have at some point.

• Like 2

Not found anything here on the forums about the details, but it may very well have been discussed in the past.

RPF have the same issue as here with lots of older images now missing, I did find this one though

42738375_667303163581_1652990375150747648_n.thumb.jpg.52c4f84c56c522e622548620e66dae10.jpg

In this image there appears to be two detail pieces on top of the scope

blast1.jpg.e52b0ff7b26a771658baf3e9ab03003e.jpgblas2.png.a4ac7654dcc08c1eda7c690481fef234.png

Also to note that the part we have been shown as per the video, is different in shape to some of the screen used blasters so it's certainly not consistent.

9 hours ago, Sly11 said:

Pretty exciting when new things are talked about... of course after approval any one can add these greebies to their blasters if they wish.

As we go for a standardized look, not sure if we would add then to the CRL's unless we can get better information on what some of the parts are, but that is a discussion we can certainly have at some point.

Not sure we will ever find out what the exact item that I replicated is... heck, it could be anything, but since Mathias found the top part (WOO HOO) and the one above the trigger guard (first photo) looks to be just a square button it would be easy to copy.

Who would decide on approval for this, Andrew?

OVHdsKZ.png              

In studying some of the photos, I was thinking they might have been only on the Sterlings, but it appears that the Sandy has a Bapty with them.

Orab2T2.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Locitus said:

This IC socket  looks a whole lot like this with the pins spread out to the sides.

image.pngimage.png

You are the MAN!  Nice detective work, Mathias!!

• Like 2

Obviously the IC sockets come in a variety of looks and sizes and the 50 year old design they used is unlikely to still be in production. Anyway, 16 pin IC sockets are what to look for.

• Like 1

I found ones that are almost identical here If these additions get approved, I will order some as well as make the other ones if we can't find out what they are and offer the sets at my cost (probably less than 50 cents a set).

I actually thought it was a 14 pin chip socket. Even ordered them from Amazon.

22c2a3f855cd50de6038806c4e94b99d.jpg

Now it looks like a 16 pin from the top picture. But the side looks to be 14.

cf6482e3915852f68f7c697bb538cc03.jpg

I know a few Sandtroopers who have installed the 14 pins on their replicas.

707b009e1e5b1ad7be6542cf0f068efa.png

Here was what I looked up on Amazon:

BokWin 2.54mm Pitch 7.6mm Row Pitch 2 Row 14 Flat Pins Chip DIP IC Socket Adaptor 25Pcs

Here’s the 16 pin to look up on Amazon:

uxcell 10pcs 2.54mm Pitch 7.6mm Row Pitch 2 Row 16 Flat Pins Soldering DIP IC Chip Socket Adaptor

• Like 1

You are 100% correct, sir!  I just ordered 20 of the 14 pin style.  Heck, at 18 cents each with free shipping even if they don't get approved I haven't lost much, lol. 

• Like 1

It's quite likely that both 14 and 16 pin sockets were used. I don't think the prop makers cared about which was which at all.

I think you’re exactly right. Probably used whatever they got their hands on.
Now if we could only figure out which chips were on which blasters, in which scenes. Too much?? Lol.
  • Like 1