Tat2trooper TX Anovos build thread

Getting very close now, amazing how much quicker the second build can be ;) 

• Like 1

Looking good David.

My OCD is kicking in so at the moment I have couple suggestions. First the vertical Ab plate shouldn't have any return edge on it (rounded edges), they should be squared.

Secondly, if you're you're using snaps and nylon or elastic for the section connections you can reduce the return edge on most section to about 1/8". This will allow for more movement and less chance of chafing.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Looking good David.

My OCD is kicking in so at the moment I have couple suggestions. First the vertical Ab plate shouldn't have any return edge on it (rounded edges), they should be squared.

Secondly, if you're you're using snaps and nylon or elastic for the section connections you can reduce the return edge on most section to about 1/8". This will allow for more movement and less chance of chafing.  

Yea I plan on doing more trimming to bring in the return edge. And I'm just going for basic approval.

• Like 1

So I had my first set back. While doing a fitting I had my girl help me and she accidentally snapped my shoulder strap :( So I talked to a fellow garrison member who showed me this way. Get a piece of scrap and just use it to secure it on the inside. (It didn't completely snap off) I looked all over the internet for extras just in case. I know trooper bays black ABS is not as glossy as this Anovos kit so I found this place on ETSY storm trooper store and they are perfect for my back ups the black gloss shine is a match and they need just a little bit of trimming. Also they feel way more sturdier then the Anovos ones. So glad I found a back up. I was going to get the rubber shoulder straps and just paint them gloss black.

WAZ3bfk.jpg

aVcRPUx.jpg

pBOu7oh.jpg

Sorry to hear brother. I will say this the Anovos black is much easier to crack then the white for some reason, weird I know but both my shoulder covers have cracked yet the white Anovos are perfectly fine

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Sorry to hear brother. I will say this the Anovos black is much easier to crack then the white for some reason, weird I know but both my shoulder covers have cracked yet the white Anovos are perfectly fine

I swear I was thinking the same thing. My TK feels so much more sturdier compared to this TX. Thanks for the heads up on the shoulder bells. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

I swear I was thinking the same thing. My TK feels so much more sturdier compared to this TX. Thanks for the heads up on the shoulder bells. 

Anytime

• Like 1

Ouch, we see this with a lot of the thinner armor makes. Looks like you have it well in hand

• Like 1

17 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Ouch, we see this with a lot of the thinner armor makes. Looks like you have it well in hand

Yea it wasn't a clean snap so was still there. Going to put thin layer of black abs paste on crack also.

• Like 3

For a RS set I fixed I ended up putting a piece of ABS behind the whole shoulder straps which gave a little more strength especially to the sides.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

For a RS set I fixed I ended up putting a piece of ABS behind the whole shoulder straps which gave a little more strength especially to the sides.

Yea I was thinking about that also but seen I already had these 2 pieces ready so went that route. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Not going to lie I have been lacking on this TX build. My garage has been a oven. I just didn't even want to go out there. Sacramento California summer is no joke. Few days ago got a big metal fan from Costco so it makes it bearable out there now with the breeze. Shooting for next week to be finished with this kit.

All that's left is these lower parts.

2lWGQkM.jpg

QUn2e5G.jpg

Got a lot of the little strapping done I was missing still a few more left. Need to do some black abs paste to fill in some small spots. shoulder bell to shoulder strap (sew in snap) and clean up and I should be finished and ready to take some pics.

sPDMMpI.jpg

pgB6vYE.jpg

d7pE4kd.jpg

zZRt11w.jpg

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...