Tat2trooper TX Anovos build thread

8 minutes ago, ukswrath said:

Coming along nicely David 

I need to go get a new mask. Did you notice the black ABS gets a lot hotter and smokes more then the white ABS plastic does. I had to stop because of the fumes.

41 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

I need to go get a new mask. Did you notice the black ABS gets a lot hotter and smokes more then the white ABS plastic does. I had to stop because of the fumes.

What are you heating up?

• Like 1

Coming along nicely.

You may find the abs gives a grey/white appearance where ever it has been trimmed, I found a black colored polish at the local automotive shop, you may have something similar in your neck of the woods, there are also revitalizer polishes for black bumpers which may also work. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Coming along nicely.

You may find the abs gives a grey/white appearance where ever it has been trimmed, I found a black colored polish at the local automotive shop, you may have something similar in your neck of the woods, there are also revitalizer polishes for black bumpers which may also work. 

I actually did notice that around the trim area. Thanks for the advice. I have black shoe polish. I might try that out on a piece.

• Like 1

Some armor makers form their ABS with the protective film on, some don't so just depends who you purchase from ;) 

On 3/25/2021 at 3:49 PM, gmrhodes13 said:

Coming along nicely.

I used a sharpie :laugh1:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tat2trooper said:

Each bicep fits well and first sides of strips applied. I used your sharpie trick also @ukswrath

Glad it helped.

After continuous paint chipping off the kidney rivets I finally took a sharpie to those as well however, on aluminum it looks a bit blue so paint is preferred. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ukswrath said:

Glad it helped.

After continuous paint chipping off the kidney rivets I finally took a sharpie to those as well however, on aluminum it looks a bit blue so paint is preferred. 

Yea I only sharpie on the strips because I do a light sand on each side of cover strip to get rid of those little lines. After both sides are complete I will then sharpie inside return edges.

• Like 1