hz2dD2o.jpg

JcYWOWC.jpg

pJgbD4K.jpg

BnIcZal.jpg

xcc71jF.jpg

Edited by Lord_Potato
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sly11 said:

Wow Jonathon, just wow. Beautiful clean presentation. Good luck but I don't think you will need it.

Thank you! I appreciate it and thanks for your assistance during my build. 

12 hours ago, Cricket said:

Looking sharp there, trooper!  Great job!!!

You have been so helpful. Your RS build thread was the first thread I stumbled across that gave me the motivation to make my own TK. Seeing how you were able to tailor the armor to you so nicely made me realize it was possible. :)

• Like 1

Nice work trooper, a great build, a couple of things you may want to to look at to take you up a level

Your counter appears a little too far back and it's also very low . Also grips should not have any weathering as they were originally black plastic, I would think it would just be a suggestion from the DO's ;) 

pJgbD4K.jpg2.thumb.png.734d4415bfa612a25c6e5768dd4c2c79.png

Good luck with approval

31 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, a great build, a couple of things you may want to to look at to take you up a level

Your counter appears a little too far back and it's also very low . Also grips should not have any weathering as they were originally black plastic, I would think it would just be a suggestion from the DO's ;) 

pJgbD4K.jpg2.thumb.png.734d4415bfa612a25c6e5768dd4c2c79.png

Good luck with approval

Your assistance throughout my super long build is greatly appreciated.

Looks like you are right about the blaster. The thing is I don't know what to do. The blaster is from RS and was assembled like that. It looks to be mostly resin cast. I would have to physically break it and reposition it. It might be easier to just order a new blaster. I spent so long making the TK I really don't want to build a blaster and I have been looking all over for a approvable assembled blaster. I guess I'll just wait until it's mentioned that is a mandatory change before I try and break off that piece. I'm still looking online for a better blaster.....another reason I don't want to build a blaster is I feel like I might have a chance in making the 500 centurion quota. If I end up getting an unassembled blaster, I think those 7 spots would be gone. 

I have used this blaster for 2 years trooping so it was badly paint worn. I sanded and painted the entire gun flat black and I painted the grip gloss black. I guess I might do another gloss coat on the grip since it looks like it is weathered a bit. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Lord_Potato said:

Looks like you are right about the blaster. The thing is I don't know what to do. The blaster is from RS and was assembled like that. It looks to be mostly resin cast. I would have to physically break it and reposition it. It might be easier to just order a new blaster.

Don't do anything, as I say I'm sure if anything it would only be a suggestion :duim:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jonathan!

We appreciate your patience as we work through the review queue. You have a beautiful build and it's clear you've done your research. There's one correction necessary before we can continue, and that's replacing your hovi tip screen with a wider mesh, which is an EIB requirement:

• Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

fINpbrg.jpg

Reference Images:

ACtC-3eNRAs2jU2sC0GkYTIq_7TCTp8Up4Eoy5w7

ACtC-3c6i8yti2cl3YcSfhCYob89bN6JGGeE3X1S

Let us know if you have any trouble locating the proper mesh. Otherwise, we'll be here when you're ready to continue with your review. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shashachu said:

Hi Jonathan!

We appreciate your patience as we work through the review queue. You have a beautiful build and it's clear you've done your research. There's one correction necessary before we can continue, and that's replacing your hovi tip screen with a wider mesh, which is an EIB requirement:

• Correct Aerators/Hovi-MIX tips are present. Screens used shall be of a wide type mesh, with the rim of the mic and the inside white or painted white.

fINpbrg.jpg

Reference Images:

ACtC-3eNRAs2jU2sC0GkYTIq_7TCTp8Up4Eoy5w7

ACtC-3c6i8yti2cl3YcSfhCYob89bN6JGGeE3X1S

Let us know if you have any trouble locating the proper mesh. Otherwise, we'll be here when you're ready to continue with your review. 

Thanks!

I understand there are not a lot of DO's. I appreciate the time you are taking for me. Thank you for pointing out the mic tips. My fault for naturally assuming supplied mesh was the correct size. I think I got it corrected:

Installed more accurate mesh, old mesh held up for comparison

uHNn3uN.jpg

gifR448.jpg

• Like 3

This is one of the best looking sets of armor I've seen in a long time, Jonathan.  Lots of attention to detail, especially the paint work on the bucket and ab-plate buttons.. WOW!  Well done, sir, and I can definitely see a Centurion badge under your name in the near future.. ;)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, justjoseph63 said:

This is one of the best looking sets of armor I've seen in a long time, Jonathan.  Lots of attention to detail, especially the paint work on the bucket and ab-plate buttons.. WOW!  Well done, sir, and I can definitely see a Centurion badge under your name in the near future.. ;)

Thank you for the compliment. And your advice on my build thread was very helpful. 

Awesome work! I also have a WTF kit and had to procure different mesh for my hovi tips. A couple final items when you have a chance - could you post photos of your sniper knee plate from the front, as well as a photo of your thigh ammo pack rivet from the inside? 

• Like 1

Done. Not sure how I missed that. Maybe I was looking at an outdated requirement listing for EIB

Front of sniper knee plate:

07kVU41.jpg

H5ZNfig.jpg

Split rivet with washer for interior of thigh ammo pack:

BN813Kg.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your application and the quick fix with the hovi tips.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, your right shoulder strap is floating a bit high compared to the left, which is sitting nice and flat. You might be able to correct it by shifting the white elastic closer to the ends of your shoulder straps, or a quick heat bath to increase the curve could help as well. A tiny detail for sure, but these little details really improve the look of your armor.

ACtC-3eCbya2v0EyTToM4ugLKxu9R4ogD9bnPkdQ

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fSwoL_djB0aTle4DY6ijuf2AEWH3GTjZ68

As was already pointed out, the look of your blaster could be improved. First, the Hengslter counter on your blaster is a bit far back and low compared to screen-used examples (the green box indicates the ideal position). You mentioned that the entire blaster is a resin cast so it wouldn't be easy to correct, but we felt it was worth mentioning.  Next, it might be partly reflections, but it looks like the grip of your blaster has some metal weathering on it. As the real grips were black plastic, they should not have any weathering. This should be a very quick fix with some black spray paint.

ACtC-3fCxhMO9N7DozYaP8pbTqxfifEC59socTAL

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fYhwnaIvyt72Sl0JKwuKWc8a1NCJDdww7i   ACtC-3dzx7hIWJK4l2pr02L9pWGw1zPMNj_7wJ6Y

ACtC-3culnu6_aUKo__d7VQ0vUBOsijKcKLdyRO3

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The L3 CRL states:

• There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Your shoulder bells actually look quite good, but we still think the positioning could be improved to reduce the gap to a minimum. I also noticed that your shoulder bells are floating a bit high above your actual shoulders, as indicated by the arrow in the front photo. You should make sure that you have trimmed off all of the lower return edge on the shoulder bells, and you might also need to adjust the strapping holding the bells on. It could even simply be the way you're holding your arms and shoulders in the photos. This isn't an area we're extremely picky about, but we do think there's room for improvement.

ACtC-3dzkJ_Z0x2ZU5Xmi5bT15xabmlXfOmWyMLr  ACtC-3ezovwy7LsRHTjFSIwKZpw0QWQYdF1owbtx

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fn7z8ya1DD-z5ZdCwiOy6cnPSCmxaCWhOk  ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s

Finally, the gaps at the bottom of the rear thigh armor should be filled with ABS paste or backed with a square of ABS so that the black doesn't show through. This isn't specifically called out in the CRL text, but this is shown in reference images.

ACtC-3eGTqhvszO3qa11bFSFdcOB2Z_fXwcuRr6G

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dcvosU-HweJJSWwjEt4XpqgOciHQJ4mSZP

And that's it! Just a couple small fixes and you should be on your way to Centurion. In the meantime, on behalf of myself and the rest of the DO team, please accept our congratulations on reaching the rank of EIB!

• Like 1

• shashachu changed the title to TK-89054 Requesting ANH Stunt Stormtrooper EIB Status (WTF) [1020]
13 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your application and the quick fix with the hovi tips.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, your right shoulder strap is floating a bit high compared to the left, which is sitting nice and flat. You might be able to correct it by shifting the white elastic closer to the ends of your shoulder straps, or a quick heat bath to increase the curve could help as well. A tiny detail for sure, but these little details really improve the look of your armor.

ACtC-3eCbya2v0EyTToM4ugLKxu9R4ogD9bnPkdQ

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fSwoL_djB0aTle4DY6ijuf2AEWH3GTjZ68

As was already pointed out, the look of your blaster could be improved. First, the Hengslter counter on your blaster is a bit far back and low compared to screen-used examples (the green box indicates the ideal position). You mentioned that the entire blaster is a resin cast so it wouldn't be easy to correct, but we felt it was worth mentioning.  Next, it might be partly reflections, but it looks like the grip of your blaster has some metal weathering on it. As the real grips were black plastic, they should not have any weathering. This should be a very quick fix with some black spray paint.

ACtC-3fCxhMO9N7DozYaP8pbTqxfifEC59socTAL

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fYhwnaIvyt72Sl0JKwuKWc8a1NCJDdww7i   ACtC-3dzx7hIWJK4l2pr02L9pWGw1zPMNj_7wJ6Y

ACtC-3culnu6_aUKo__d7VQ0vUBOsijKcKLdyRO3

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

The L3 CRL states:

• There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.

Your shoulder bells actually look quite good, but we still think the positioning could be improved to reduce the gap to a minimum. I also noticed that your shoulder bells are floating a bit high above your actual shoulders, as indicated by the arrow in the front photo. You should make sure that you have trimmed off all of the lower return edge on the shoulder bells, and you might also need to adjust the strapping holding the bells on. It could even simply be the way you're holding your arms and shoulders in the photos. This isn't an area we're extremely picky about, but we do think there's room for improvement.

ACtC-3dzkJ_Z0x2ZU5Xmi5bT15xabmlXfOmWyMLr  ACtC-3ezovwy7LsRHTjFSIwKZpw0QWQYdF1owbtx

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fn7z8ya1DD-z5ZdCwiOy6cnPSCmxaCWhOk  ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s

Finally, the gaps at the bottom of the rear thigh armor should be filled with ABS paste or backed with a square of ABS so that the black doesn't show through. This isn't specifically called out in the CRL text, but this is shown in reference images.

ACtC-3eGTqhvszO3qa11bFSFdcOB2Z_fXwcuRr6G

Reference Image:

ACtC-3dcvosU-HweJJSWwjEt4XpqgOciHQJ4mSZP

And that's it! Just a couple small fixes and you should be on your way to Centurion. In the meantime, on behalf of myself and the rest of the DO team, please accept our congratulations on reaching the rank of EIB!

Sha Sha,

Thank you for the good news and critiques. 

I think the main issue for my bells not resting right on my shoulders is that my chest might have to be strapped so it's pulled down another inch. But all issues you mentioned will be addressed before I submit for centurion. Thanks again. Also, thank you for your buod thread. Yours along with crickets and Ukwraith's were the main threads that guided me.