My road to the 501st

TrickyT81

So I’ve taken my first step to joining the 501st today and ordered a full commission ANH stormtrooper from RS. I’m super excited, I can’t put into words. 

one question to ask at this stage. For anyone who has had an RS commission build, when you provided your measurements, did you allow for extra room, or did you measure as you are without being too tight?

I chose to go for the latter but second guessing myself. 

• Like 1

Great news, looking forward to seeing your BBB photos 

A few threads you may find useful:

• Like 1

Hi Tim, great to know you're on the way to become an Imperial Stormtrooper of the 501st.  Congratulations and looking forward for your BBB day.

Glen has gave you a very useful info, take a look .  :coffee2:

We are here to help.  :salute:

• Like 1

Hey! Looks like you went with the full commission. I hope it's a perfect fit right out of the box. If not there are so many people here to help. 

As I said before, I had to modify my commissioned RS, so I might be able to give a few tips if it turned out any changes needed to be made.

• Like 1

So I think I’ve made a small error chaps. For my arm measurements, this was done whilst they were relaxed and straight by my side. Should I have flexed for the bicep?

Edited by TrickyT81

5 hours ago, TrickyT81 said:

So I think I’ve made a small error chaps. For my arm measurements, this was done whilst they were relaxed and straight by my side. Should I have flexed for the bicep?

When my wife measured me, my arm was relaxed and by my side as well (we made sure the measuring tape was not tight or snug). They biceps fit, but when I do flex, it is a tad snug. Out of all the armor pertaining to the limbs, the biceps were the tightest fit. 

Looks like you also recently purchased this? RS customer service is amazing and I am pretty sure they probably haven't made your biceps yet. It wouldn't hurt to contact them and ask if you could change your bicep measurement. 

Possibly a couple things to consider:

The gloves they give you (though screen accurate) are massive. Might want to look for rubber gloves of a smaller size unless you have manly man hands.

The undersuit they give your is literally a ballerina leotard that RS puts their logo on. It did not do the best in absorbing sweat and it wasn't tight so the cloth would bunch up on the elbow joints and knee joints.

On 2/27/2021 at 8:12 AM, TrickyT81 said:

Really good advice once again. I only placed my order yesterday so I’m sure I have time to update my measurements.

Sent from The Empire

I know RS had a fire and are probably busy, but were you able to get your sizes updated? 

• 1 month later...
On 2/27/2021 at 7:38 AM, Lord_Potato said:

The gloves they give you (though screen accurate) are massive. Might want to look for rubber gloves of a smaller size unless you have manly man hands.

Massive? I wish that's how mine were :laugh1:

I know they have a small and large size for their gloves, and they sent me the small ones with my kit, so I'll speak on those. I have slightly big hands, but they were dang near skin tight. Though, for a person with smaller hands, they would probably fit better.

So TrickyT81, if the commission hasn't shipped and you have smallish hands and are worried about the gloves being to large, you can try and email them and ask for small gloves. Vice versa, if you have slightly-large to large hands, go for the large gloves (it wouldn't hurt). If they don't fit, then you can always just buy new rubber gloves for a few bucks and glue the handguards on those. :P