ANH Stunt shoulder question

Brew12

Reviewing the EIB and Centurion request threads has been a tremendous help as I get ready to start my first build. Can't thank you guys enough for making these public and providing such thorough comments along with reference pictures. Incredibly helpful!

I do have a question about the shoulder pieces and it isn't addressed in the CRL. I'm not sure I would expect it to be mentioned because it is an "extra" piece that may not be needed.

It seems like in some requests I have seen the large block at the end of some armor sets needing to be removed but other times it doesn't seem to get mentioned. Can someone provide clarification please?

image.png.b3dd66efe56003b7eed9e259aa5adb19.png

Edited by Brew12

{Not talking about screen accuracy here)

That depends on how "far" the piece reaches down the back plate. In your picture I say you can have the block removed completely (or half at least) since there is enough length left for the elastic to hold on.

Just my $0,5 there. May be one of our DO can provide a better answer.

• Like 1

Hi Steven, 

Most of the screen seen Stormtroopers had this section of the shoulder bridge removed, so we  strongly suggest to trim off or half that section for higher levels. As Arthur mentioned before, also "That depends on how "far" the piece reaches down the back plate", the ends of the bridges should ride much higher above the O II plate below them.

Reference images 

xyBE9NZ.png?1    z4FXqB6.jpg?1   VeSLP2U.jpg

Note that we are talking only in the back section. To the front , the tab is totally  accurate .

K8fbIgU.jpg?1

Hope this can help you.

:salute:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Steven, 

Most of the screen seen Stormtroopers had this section of the shoulder bridge removed, so we  strongly suggest to trim off or half that section for higher levels. As Arthur mentioned before, also "That depends on how "far" the piece reaches down the back plate", the ends of the bridges should ride much higher above the O II plate below them.

Reference images 

xyBE9NZ.png?1    z4FXqB6.jpg?1   VeSLP2U.jpg

Note that we are talking only in the back section. To the front , the tab is totally  accurate .

K8fbIgU.jpg?1

Hope this can help you.

:salute:

Perfect, thank you! 

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

I’m working on the shoulder area presently on my SDS TK Hero kit.

Great information on what’s going on on the outside. I could use some more guidance on the internal configuration. I have the 2” canvas straps, sew on rivets & .25” elastic. Question is about how the canvas straps attach to the underside of the chest & back armors; glued, snaps or a combination of both. I’ve seen multiple variations here from expert builders.

Follow on question is about the shoulder to shoulder bell to bicep connection, single or multiple elastic straps?

And, I saw a post about an elastic connection between chest & ab and back & kidney plates. Is this required or recommended for Centurion level.

Thanks!

You can use what ever internal strapping you like, there are no requirements 

R63O0di.jpg

ib7WUYF.jpg

5MSb8Mu.jpg

This is how I strap my shoulder straps

oxU693m.jpg

For multiple ongoing questions I would advise starting a thread in the ANH costume area rather than posting them in this area as it's not really a centurion program questions

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/forum/6-anh-stunt-and-hero/

• Like 1