Aussie TK ready to go!

Splinters

Hey folks!

Well I just got notification that my BBB has flown its way halfway round the world from Walt’s Trooper Factory to Sydney, now it has a quick 300km road trip south and we’re off!

I have spend the time since ordering, preparing and accumulating bits and pieces, my boots from imperial boots are here, a little on the snug side, but I’m working on that... bucket electronics from ukswraith are on their way, belt and neck seal from trooperbay. I think I’m on the right track.

I can’t wait to sink my teeth into this build, it has been a long time coming. It’s a real bucket list thing for me as I’m sure it is for many of us!

Anyway, pics will come when it all starts happening! And thanks in advance for all your assistance!

Cheers Sam

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Hello and welcome aboard, looking forward to seeing those BBB photos. 

A great thread that may be of assistance 

Make sure you post up a build thread, a great way to get feedback and answers to questions you may have.

Good luck

3 minutes ago, Splinters said:

Thanks!
I have been reading through that thread religiously emoji1787.pngemoji1787.png

Ahhh a forum stalker :laugh1:

I’m about 800km south of you: Hookturnistan (aka Melbourne )

Be sure to sign up to the Southern Cross Garrison forums as well if you haven’t already done so

Hahahaha, out side of the COVID world we spend quite a bit of time down there, my dad is in trafalgar. We have tried to make it to most of the MSO/Star Wars concerts, They were awesome!
And yep already on SCG,

• Like 1

Well it’s here! So impressed with the armour from Walt’s trooper factory, I have done lots of Sintra 3D print and foam work in the past but this is my first step into vac formed armour and I’m impressed.
So quick refresher on trimming and return edges, and I’ll make a start on the biceps tomorrow night I think.
Wish me luck! f579b049dcbeb58e5cb44a4c645ceabf.jpg
54477e705eddcee534cfc416e9c35920.jpg

• Like 1

Oh happy days, the excitement then the panic sets in, looking forward to seeing your build, don't be afraid to ask questions, good luck.

• Like 1

Ok first day of armoursmithing. I decided to start on the biceps, now, there is no way I’m going to be able to have 15 mm cover strips! If my cover strips were to cover the whole flat area it would be 25mm+
02e1553cb71eac450cbbdbab936af5b9.jpg

That is a quickly cut 15mm strip for demonstration purposes...
hopefully I’m missing something...

1 hour ago, Splinters said:

Almost all yep, probs 3mm max.

In that case you can use larger cover strips, it is acceptable we just try to aim for standard reference sizing when possible.

Be interesting to see how you go with your forearms.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I got a bit of time on my TK over the last few days, managed to get the biceps and forearms fitting much better, I think they are getting close now, I think I can make the elbow end of the forearms a little bit smaller, but I can’t loose any more on the wrists. Sorry for the quality of the pics... thoughts from the hive mind?? d5d86d6f95720005c603d880d3f27332.jpg
1b713e5c260ad85361bc7e79c2e3dcfc.jpg
c20bdad591ae5ffe87c2e8ead3708c77.jpg
8aff75feb029c2f0099d1e3074a190f5.jpg