No clue where to start

DC-15s

Hi everyone,

I am a 5'6" 20 almost 21 year old male. Been a die hard fan of Star Wars my whole life and after long enough I've been wanting to apart of Star Wars like the 501st. But I have no clue where to start when it comes to making my costume. Granted I am a college student so I don't have much extra money. The build is going to take some time but eventually I want to be able to dawn the costume and participate in all the 501st does. Obviously I'm going to choose the original bad guy, the storm trooper. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to start or how to formulate a plan on how to build my costume? Thank you

• Like 1

Rosario, not a problem at all.  We are all here to help you.  As far as stormtroopers, there are quite a few options.  First of all where in the world are you located?  There are quite a few options available for you. 

Hello Rosario, welcome.  As the other troopers have pointed out, this is the best place.  Use this thread as much as you like, These forums are reviewed very often and very active.  Stay there in the new recruits section and read read read all the threads before pulling the trigger on a set of armor.  Then post a build thread in your respective armor section.  We look forward to helping!

Hello Rasario, welcome to FISD.

If you are on a budget, the most logical course is to take it slowly, read up on all the tips and built threads available on this forum (this is some real digging and heavy reading, so much knowledge here) and save up in the meantime. Twice in a year there are windows / openings that makers will likely to offer limited discount on their kits,  keep watching for the news here about such opportunities (just before May 4th and Black Friday).

Have fun here and good luck~

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Welcome to FISD. Like the others have said- this is the place to learn. Take your time and do your research on the kit you are interested in. Then check out the vendors. Ask on the forums too and contact vendors as each vendor makes their kits a tad different-everyone is built different so some armor makers work better for certain bodies than others. Where they are located can make a difference on shipping too.  Immerse yourself in the forums and ask ???? Post photos of your build too so we can follow and offer encouragement and perhaps offer suggestions. For the Empire!