Swannee's Pre-Approval Thread

CT 1977

Looking better, only thing apart from (as you said) cleaning up a couple of lines, is the masking line in the grey, it is pretty noticeable, perhaps the DO's @Deployment Officer Team will chime in with their thoughts ;) 

sSROlRK.jpg

9 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Looking better, only thing apart from (as you said) cleaning up a couple of lines, is the masking line in the grey, it is pretty noticeable, perhaps the DO's @Deployment Officer Team will chime in with their thoughts ;) 

sSROlRK.jpg

Thanks, Glen. Yeah, I noticed that when looking at the photos. A little emery cloth and touch up paint should level it out. 

• Like 1

Looking great trooper, looking forward to seeing you with a legion TKID soon :D 

• 5 months later...

Finally getting around to working the bucket a little more. A bit more cleaning up than I anticipated but I think I'm close. Take a look and let me know.

9tTopjl.jpg

npq5KmR.jpg

This trap has a little spot I need to buff out once the new paint drys

iyOytvK.jpg

6tKksvx.jpg

Once I get the vents painted, should be tomorrow, next will be the ears and the tubes. Any recommendations on which I should do first?

thanks!

Bill

• 5 months later...

1 week from today is "Return of the Jedi" at the Richmond Symphony. I was hoping to have something ready (officer, Jedi, etc) but too much life going on. 

Below are some photos of work on the traps and tears. I have some touching up to do but overall pleased with the outcome using templates.

dEKg8uq.jpg

oE8B9yz.jpg

DsNSHkS.jpg

bY84uSP.jpg

r4RNIJy.jpg

this one below is particularly messy but pretty sure easily (not quickly, though) fixed.

UzIWjxG.jpg

Nice work, just watch the angle of the template, angling upwards on side. Bottom of the corners should be sharp not rounded. I'd probably do a way with the last line, not much gap between it and the outside line. A touch up should get rid of most of your bleed.

DsNSHkS.thumb.jpg.5b4c701e4270a637eea645bd39970d5c.jpg

JqauRv1.jpg?3

18 hours ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work, just watch the angle of the template, angling upwards on side. Bottom of the corners should be sharp not rounded. I'd probably do a way with the last line, not much gap between it and the outside line. A touch up should get rid of most of your bleed.

DsNSHkS.thumb.jpg.5b4c701e4270a637eea645bd39970d5c.jpg

JqauRv1.jpg?3

good stuff! I see what you're saying and I already know how to fix it. I just did the touch up work that i'll post below, but with the knowledge that this trap still needs the work mentioned. Thanks!

When you compare to screen references you can see the outer lines are quite thin, if you can get the outer lines a little cleaner will look a lot better.

DaveMANH08.jpg.1da0b8aae3ff77908f5fdeef237d0a8f.jpg

Bottom of this side is a little wobbly ;) 

jGfvF7q.jpg

Taking a short break from the build to mix it up with the 501st and Rebels at the Richmond Symphony and Return of the Jedi.

I even got to meet Master Windu!

AZnAgB9.jpg

Fellow troopers.

GPDucbE.jpg

Jedi protecting Mon Mothma

75PkZTt.jpg

Even had Jawa's.

YfTngj8.jpg

My wife won first prize in the raffle - Han and his Tauntaun. (had to keep my eye on those Jawa's).

IqLUlCU.jpg

• Like 1

I still have a little painting left but thought I'd get started on the ears. I've already trimmed a set but the right ear just wasn't working, the left was fine. So, below is where I knew I was going to have some problems because of the space between the two sections so I corrected it on the third photo. 

AV4lMHW.jpg

As you can see, the left side has a bit of a space but in placing the ear over it, I can definitely work with it.

NZUlrfa.jpg

Much better!

Ri2hQHw.jpg

I got started on trimming the ears and, since this is my second "whack" at it, I'm going very conservative and making only small trim changes. I think I'm on a good "path" here, but any input/advice would be welcomed.

(back view)

A4x3IQT.jpg

(front view)

uWzJCbm.jpg

Now, time for a little bike love....got to get some work done on my single-speed mountain bike to get it back on the trail. (rough being ADHD - projects never end).

• Like 1