WTF TK ANH Stunt Build thread - newbie needs help

cnsf

3 hours ago, cnsf said:

Do you then remove the white paint afterwards? Won't it be noticeable?

For larger areas of bleed yes but if you use a white that matches your armor closely you may get away with little to no cleanup

• Like 2

Just received Hellhounds E-11 which looks great but got damaged in transit.  Daniel from Hellounds said to use CA glue to put the piece back on.

Is this the right position to put it back on? Does it need to be vertical compared to the handle? What is the correct pitch in comparison to the barrel? Any guidance on how to do this right without screwing up the blaster?

Thanks in advance!

ZTbB5nK.jpgbpymCFj.jpg

LqKdBCl.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Short4ATrooper said:

That’s the Hengstler counter. I believe it should be mounted to the underside of the scope rail using two L shaped brackets:

You can see it runs parallel to the barrel and scope rail

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I definitely don't have those L brackets included.  Looks like it was glued directly and fell off in transit.  I also noticed yours doesn't have the two mini barrels right in front of it.  Mine is an ANH e-11.  Is it possible that we have different versions?

Thanks! I definitely don't have those L brackets included.  Looks like it was glued directly and fell off in transit.  I also noticed yours doesn't have the two mini barrels right in front of it.  Mine is an ANH e-11.  Is it possible that we have different versions?

No, mine is also an ANH and has those two barrels (power cylinders) I just haven’t attached them yet.

0fafb20a3b0bc00f714b1d7281af7794.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Hey Cory,

For the best references for the Hengstler and how best to attach it, I’d check out the FISD blaster reference guide.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

The bracket is usually just a right angles piece of metal. One angled bracket is enough and can mounted under the front foot of the scope.

dc365b0cdec233e9a4361f0fe42fb7f0.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CableGuy said:

Hey Cory,

For the best references for the Hengstler and how best to attach it, I’d check out the FISD blaster reference guide.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/32111-fisd-e-11-blaster-reference/

The bracket is usually just a right angles piece of metal. One angled bracket is enough and can mounted under the front foot of the scope.

Thanks!  Given the Hellhounds is all rubber, do you think I should add in the angle bracket or keep it the way Hellhounds made it by just gluing the bottom of the Hengsteler counter to the barrel section? You can see the glue residue in my photos (and I can line it up using the glue left behind).

Hiya.

I’d say that hot glue or similar is much more likely to just come off again, especially troublesome if it’s mid-troop (as you’ll NEVER bend down to pick it up) lol

I’d go with a bracket to make it more stable. :-)

• Like 1

On 4/4/2021 at 11:44 AM, CableGuy said:

Hiya.

I’d say that hot glue or similar is much more likely to just come off again, especially troublesome if it’s mid-troop (as you’ll NEVER bend down to pick it up) lol

I’d go with a bracket to make it more stable. :-)

Thanks!  I gave it a go with the CA Medium glue Daniel recommended to keep it consistent.  If it falls off, I will definitely try and figure out the bracket route.  So far, it seems pretty stable. See my photos of the fixed blaster in the thread I started below.

• 1 month later...

Getting better.

When in doubt purchase a circle radius stencil, lay it over painter's/making tape, select your hole size, cut the hole using an exacto knife, lay painter tape over button and paint. Note: hole circumference should be the same size as the button crown (slightly smaller than what's shown below).

Westcott Circle Template, Small (T-800)

AbD17.jpg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, ukswrath said:

Getting better.

When in doubt purchase a circle radius stencil, lay it over painter's/making tape, select your hole size, cut the hole using an exacto knife, lay painter tape over button and paint. Note: hole circumference should be the same size as the button crown (slightly smaller than what's shown below).

How did you lay the tape so the paint didn't get through? That seemed to be the hardest part with the template.

54 minutes ago, cnsf said:

How did you lay the tape so the paint didn't get through? That seemed to be the hardest part with the template.

If you use the correct tape you shouldn't have too much bleeding. Worst case scenario you may need to clean up some edge points with a tooth pick. 

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

After a bit of a dejected hiatus since I suck at painting, I thought I’d try the buttons again (I got new ones from Walt). Are these any better? I want to get them right before putting them on the ab armor and really want to get my armor done. 

qNVsFQA.jpg

Edited by cnsf

That looks pretty good. TBH all close-up photos of ab buttons show each and every sin. They will likely look a lot better on the armor. You can always use like 2 dots of E6000 to hold them on temporarily for your own visual assessment.  Or even some CA glue. That stuff cracks free easily for alteration or final securing with E6000.

If I remember right, it's an 11mm circle for buttons. I cut small circles out with my vinyl plotter.

• Like 1

Just now, revlimiter said:

That looks pretty good. TBH all close-up photos of ab buttons show each and every sin. They will likely look a lot better on the armor. You can always use like 2 dots of E6000 to hold them on temporarily for your own visual assessment.  Or even some CA glue. That stuff cracks free easily for alteration or final securing with E6000.

If I remember right, it's an 11mm circle for buttons. I cut small circles out with my vinyl plotter.

Thank you! I'll search for a vinyl plotter.  My stencil was 15/32, which seemed to be right, but the paint bled through, so this version was by hand.