WTF TK ANH Stunt Build thread - newbie needs help

cnsf

I've done all the research and bought a WTF armor set straight from Walt. I also commissioned the helmet build from him.  I have rigged the helmet with the iComm @ukswrathhovi speakers and amp, bluetooth transmitters and a Aker 1506 amp to go in the chest plate.

I tried starting the thermal detonator and am already screwing that up. I have the gloves and hand armor (flex stuff), but haven't started them yet. I am pretty sure I have all the parts and paints I need (no canvas belt yet). Hellhounds e-11 on order. Got my soft goods and boots ready to go. Lots of e-6000 and a face mask and gloves.

I'm really good with electronics, computer builds, building sheds, landscaping, and other handy stuff.  This build scares me.

I'm in the EST time zone.  Any help would be very much appreciated.

IMG_9794.jpg

IMG_9804.jpg

IMG_9807.jpg

IMG_9806.jpg

IMG_9810.jpg

Edited by cnsf
  • Like 1

Hello and welcome to the forum, best way to get feedback is posting a build thread like you have. There are lots of builds to follow as well as a full gallery of references, when in doubt ask.

Some TD references and a thread here 

gallery_12157_51_24375.jpg

1770489283_TDmeasurements.jpg.acd6b8c3d5b4d8ad8ee510ceb3d6e8c0.jpg

Good luck with the build 

• Like 2

Welcome to FISD. Sounds like you are already on your way and many here will offer their help. Research and questions will get your armor ready for service to the Empire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Cory,

I'll echo what the others have said. Check out the build thread of others to get some ideas. There are also some great video on youtube of members building their kits or kits for others. I watched this series a few time when I built mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=onQkQVB3JVw&t=1s

Also, don't be afraid to reach out to your Garrison. Most of them have and "armorer" that would more than likely be happy to assist you. I know with COVID armor parties are bit more difficult, but If done with some proper social distancing and mask, you might be able to get a one on one. I know you said you were in the EST, but where are you located geographically? I've built two kits, so I'm not expert, but I'm happy to help as best I can.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, cnsf said:

Thanks!  How can I find my local Garrison's contact info? I'm an hour outside NYC.

Based on this I'm going to guess it would be one of these three.

Upstate NY - GARRISON EXCELSIOR - http://www.garrisonexcelsior.com/

NYC - Empire City Garrison - https://501ecg.com/

NYJ - Northeast Remnant - https://www.501stner.com/

On 2/18/2021 at 9:09 AM, cnsf said:

Thanks!  How can I find my local Garrison's contact info? I'm an hour outside NYC.

Hi Cory welcome to the FISD.  So I am Steve and I just commented on your post over on the Empire City Garrison forum.  I'm glad you found it here.  Everyone here will be extremely helpful with your build.

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 10:21 PM, jsilvius said:

Also, don't be afraid to reach out to your Garrison. Most of them have and "armorer" that would more than likely be happy to assist you. I know with COVID armor parties are bit more difficult, but If done with some proper social distancing and mask, you might be able to get a one on one.

Well it just so happens that I guess I would be his "armorer" LOL.  There is certainly no better place then here!  And yes unfortunately we haven't had any in person armor parties in a few years. 

• Like 1

On 2/19/2021 at 7:02 PM, starsaber25 said:

Well it just so happens that I guess I would be his "armorer" LOL.  There is certainly no better place then here!  And yes unfortunately we haven't had any in person armor parties in a few years. 

Thanks!!!  I'm starting on the thermal detonator just to get used to cutting and gluing. Next will be gloves - all the low hanging fruit. Chest and abs will be next.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, cnsf said:

I haven't put in the screws yet.  How does this look?

Just realized I have the clips in the wrong place.  Need to move them flush to the side caps.

Edited by cnsf
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, cnsf said:

I haven't put in the screws yet.  How does this look?

Hi Cory, looks good, take in account the measures Glen pointed and consider the following reference images to place the control panel :

The control panel should be positioned so that the controls/round washer style detail can be seen . A common issue we see is that sometimes the disc is facing upwards (like the example photo) .

Reference Image                                                                            Reference Image                                                            Example

iOYNSGQ.jpg?3     VeXjroO.jpg     DPKRYKx.jpg

:salute:

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, TKSpartan said:

Hi Cory, looks good, take in account the measures Glen pointed and consider the following reference images to place the control panel :

The control panel should be positioned so that the controls/round washer style detail can be seen . A common issue we see is that sometimes the disc is facing upwards (like the example photo) .

Reference Image                                                                            Reference Image                                                            Example

iOYNSGQ.jpg?3     VeXjroO.jpg     DPKRYKx.jpg

:salute:

I will have to check mine next time its put on. Never noticed this detail.

• Like 1

On 3/12/2021 at 5:35 PM, TKSpartan said:

Example

DPKRYKx.jpg

How do I avoid the example picture? It doesn't seem like I have much of a choice once I got the horizontal measurements right. Is it how you wear it vs. how it is put together? I got the angled clips.

Edited by cnsf

16 minutes ago, cnsf said:

Anyone know why I am limited to 1k picture uploads? I can't share what I've done.

The forum is limited to how much can be uploaded, as you can understand with all the reference material and builds in this forum the server would quickly be filled.

Most of us use a free online image host IMGUR, upload your images there then use the "direct link" option and copy those image links directly into your posts.

Info here: 

• Like 2