Stormtrooper with red Pauldron for CRL?!

Hello everyone, 

I have a question about a tk variant / rank. I keep seeing the tk with the red pauldron. 
in games (Battlefront, fallen order, jedi knight, etc) and also in animated series. 
there he is either a commander, grenadier trooper, rocket launchtrooper or he is also known as a medic. how about the crl? 
when will this trooper with the red pauldron be accepted into the crl or what do you have to do to get him accepted? 

best regards marcel

CRL's are only made if someone builds the costume, there are many variants in the games, we recently saw The Force Unleashed game version TK CRL approved.

Currently we have people working on remnant stormtroopers, incinerator and motar, but unless they finish these costumes there will be no CRL.

Here is some information on new to the legion costumes and CRL's https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:CRLGuide

• Like 1

that means it would not be allowed to wear a red pauldron, for example, because it is not listed in the drl although it does appear in games and series? how about the weapons of the grenade trooper, since these are rocket launchers and grenade launchers. would one then have to use the originals or what do they have to be from in order to be approved by the crl? also which rank / class assignment would the red pauldron be, since there are several assignments as written (grenadier, medic, commander, rocketlauncher)?

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
remove pre tag causing text to run off page

You can only use weapons and accessories which go with the correct version of armor, as example there are no references with an OTTK using a red pauldron so it could not be approved. Yes there are game versions who do wear a red pauldron but currently nobody has made that version of costume. 

You have to supply references of any new version of Stormtrooper, if from a game you then have to build the correct version armor to suit.

that means I could make the tk version with the red pauldron and the weapons and would then have to contact the lmo to discuss further things, since the basic armor is the same as with other tks and therefore only the red pauldron would be the extra i see that right for the time being?

Edited by themaninthesuitcase
Removed formatting

Depends which game version you are going to build, there are many differences between them. For example there is someone working on the Fallen Order version, there are difference in the costume not just a standard armor, he posted references and discussion started from there 

You would also start a build thread on the forum supply reference images, speak with our DL (detachment leader), the costume would then be discussed and reviewed any any changes made, once that has happened a CRL would need to be developed and then the LMO's would become involved.

• Like 1

I would suggest starting by being very clear about which property you are referencing, specifically, and sharing any photos/screenshots you may have. Each video game may potentially be a different base costume style, and therefor separate CRL. I would narrow it down and focus on one if you really really want to wear that red pauldron. I'm not certain there is a 100% official answer, but the Wookiepedia article on Canon Pauldrons, lists the below:

A black colored pauldron indicated enlisted troopers, white was for sergeants, and orange for unit leaders or captains. Snipers wore blue pauldrons, Grenadiers and Incinerator troopers wore red, and Mortar Stormtroopers wore yellow.

Again, we never saw any troopers in the original trilogy movies wear red pauldrons, so they would not be considered to be added to those CRLs in really any circumstance. Same with orange pauldrons for non-Sandies. But, an example for more context, we DID see non-Sandy Captains wearing orange pauldrons in the Rebels animated show, so it is an option for that CRL. Gotta have solid reference, then someone has to build it!

https://databank.501st.com/databank/Costuming:TK_rebels

• Like 1