LzRfLh3.jpgqcHld0v.jpg

Action photo

cvJzIvL.jpg

HELMET PHOTOS

Front and back

ST59mx8.jpgzRProqE.jpg

Sides

DRi3RMo.jpgWbN0p10.jpg

Hovi detail and lens (from the inside, backlit)

R9T1vKj.jpgRiMSppz.jpg

ARMOUR DETAILS

Abdomen close-up

20Mwcg3.jpg

Cod and posterior plate connections

e12u19r.jpg

Interior strapping

iLeMyes.jpg

Wrist opening

H97s9Qk.jpg

Sniper plate detail

IIvYn56.jpgcExjMk5.jpg

Thigh ammo detail (outside)

hW3ywSc.jpgkEZb8Za.jpg

Thigh ammo detail (inside)

Nt9GBIv.jpg?1Rru90cm.jpg

ACCESSORIES

Neck seal

99qfUh8.jpg

Thermal detonator

XSMgiV2.jpgOfvONXf.jpg

Holster

X8ex0Mi.jpg

Belt

nuBFcj7.jpg

upNYp20.jpg

Boots

fO2cb5O.jpgvrRhTh6.jpgNAyHdnZ.jpg

Gloves

IFCAJOu.jpgIILLQrU.jpgfEgCJJP.jpg

BLASTER

cLekBR4.jpgXPBRKbB.jpg

lmh6anC.jpg

Edited by Starkiller_2021
  • Like 2

• Starkiller_2021 changed the title to TK-22021 requestig ESB EIB Status (Armour Factory Props)

Hola Guillermo!

Could you please post a close-up photo of your helmet tube stripes? I can't tell if they are painted on or decals; for ESB helmets they should be decals:

• Traps/tears and tube stripes shall be decals (with the correct ESB details), no hand-painting or decals that replicate hand painted.

Thank you :)

Nice work trooper, a few things you could adjust before the DO's get here:

These are mainly dressing issues, your shoulder bells gaps should match, you can see your right side has a bigger gap at the top. Coverstrips on legs should be in alignment. On the backplate your right shoulder strap is not central to the backplate. Detonator and belt are angled. Left rear shin looks open, perhaps some heat to help it fully close

eIj1nuh.jpgyCE6BSm.jpg

You have a gap between the kidney and butt plate, I came up with a V tab method that helps this

bSD3q37.jpg

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

You have gaps between the ab and kidney on both lower sides. Also tops should align

LzRfLh3.jpgqcHld0v.jpg

Vocoder could have a little more paint

R9T1vKj.jpgmollostormESB3.jpg.83fad8531f3908ac446f5ac21911b722.jpg

Black rank on ear should be thicker. Tube stripes do not appear to be decals.

DRi3RMo.jpgmollostormESB1.jpg.2d966eca2d74e7fa37fb9114757837c9.jpg

Could you try taking another photo of your blaster, appears bent in this image. Also handle would have no weathering as this was a black plastic piece. 

XPBRKbB.jpg

Could you also post a close up of your Ab rivets and "Han" snap (upper right corner left side Ab)

Good luck with approval

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shashachu said:

Hola Guillermo!

Could you please post a close-up photo of your helmet tube stripes? I can't tell if they are painted on or decals; for ESB helmets they should be decals:

• Traps/tears and tube stripes shall be decals (with the correct ESB details), no hand-painting or decals that replicate hand painted.

Thank you :)

Sure! They are decals ;)

U5MUaeX.jpgVp6mAfl.jpg

Hola Guillermo!!!. Me alegro de que hayas decidido presentar tu solicitud para EIB.... Tu armadura se ve genial, sólo un par de pequeños ajustes, que son sobre todo de colocación(fácil solución).Si necesitas ayuda o cualquier aclaración, solo tienes que pedirlo...Un saludo!!!:salute:

Hi Guillermo!!!. Glad you decided to apply for EIB .... Your armor looks great, only a  pair of small adjustments, (easy fix)... If you need help or any clarification, just ask ... Greetings!:salute:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Nice work trooper, a few things you could adjust before the DO's get here:

These are mainly dressing issues, your shoulder bells gaps should match, you can see your right side has a bigger gap at the top. Coverstrips on legs should be in alignment. On the backplate your right shoulder strap is not central to the backplate. Detonator and belt are angled. Left rear shin looks open, perhaps some heat to help it fully close

eIj1nuh.jpgyCE6BSm.jpg

You have a gap between the kidney and butt plate, I came up with a V tab method that helps this

bSD3q37.jpg

With a heat gun you bend strips of ABS plastic into the shape of a V, only glue one side and the other remains free to allow movement when you bend. Just helps stop the butt plate from pushing back from the back plate.

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

You have gaps between the ab and kidney on both lower sides. Also tops should align

LzRfLh3.jpgqcHld0v.jpg

Vocoder could have a little more paint

R9T1vKj.jpgmollostormESB3.jpg.83fad8531f3908ac446f5ac21911b722.jpg

Black rank on ear should be thicker. Tube stripes do not appear to be decals.

DRi3RMo.jpgmollostormESB1.jpg.2d966eca2d74e7fa37fb9114757837c9.jpg

Could you try taking another photo of your blaster, appears bent in this image. Also handle would have no weathering as this was a black plastic piece. 

XPBRKbB.jpg

Could you also post a close up of your Ab rivets and "Han" snap (upper right corner left side Ab)

Good luck with approval

Duly noted, thank for the feedback! Most of what you point out seems to be due to bad posture and careless suiting up; I'll be more careful and take some better pictures tomorrow :D

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Starkiller_2021 said:

Sure! They are decals ;)

U5MUaeX.jpg

The tube stripe decals should also have the white area as decal, it's a full one piece decal, not separate tube stips

ESB_Type2_01.thumb.jpg.7b419c19dc9832fc9bd1e6641d4c762a.jpgmolloesb8.jpg.777063717a5797fee97f5a10db9fa4fe.jpg

3 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

The tube stripe decals should also have the white area as decal, it's a full one piece decal, not separate tube stips

ESB_Type2_01.thumb.jpg.7b419c19dc9832fc9bd1e6641d4c762a.jpgmolloesb8.jpg.777063717a5797fee97f5a10db9fa4fe.jpg

Oops, seems that I have some shopping to do then. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yup! Glen is correct that on ESB helmets the tube stripes should be a single decal. I know Trooperbay sells ESB decal sets, but I'm unsure if there's a better supplier for Europe. There are a number of your fellow Spanish Garrison troopers who have ESB armor, so hopefully they can help you find a supplier. 

4 hours ago, shashachu said:

Yup! Glen is correct that on ESB helmets the tube stripes should be a single decal. I know Trooperbay sells ESB decal sets, but I'm unsure if there's a better supplier for Europe. There are a number of your fellow Spanish Garrison troopers who have ESB armor, so hopefully they can help you find a supplier. 

I found one already! Question about these decals, do they need to be shiny paper/plastic, or are they regular matte adhesive paper?

• Like 1

UPDATE

Just suited up, more carefully this time to fix the placement issues.

Closed the shoulder gaps

fQbx9kV.jpgDCSWs8f.jpg

Rotated thighs to line up the leg cover strips
Lf4Idmv.jpg

Made sure TD and belt were straight
piTe5Xo.jpg

Lined up the shoulder straps by adding Centurion-style white elastic
cAl4obv.jpgZUvzWdT.jpg

Gaps in kidney and butt plates
I added some padding in the back to straighten the kidney, lined up the tops of the ab and kidney pieces and closed the gaps a bit, however, I simply cannot get them to close any further without losing 20 lbs
rfQqiFP.jpgyB4Otke.jpg

PS. Still working on the helmet, will update on it as soon as I get the decals

Edited by Starkiller_2021
Photo formatting
  • Like 1

I would think they would be fine from the CRL raps/tears and tube stripes shall be decals (with the correct ESB details),

Make sure you apply them a pencil with from the cheek, also they should fall from the top at the front .

Back //////////////// Front

a75b8a066f57c1b745a6083884119cde.jpg

• Like 1

You have a big gap between the back plate and chest, I would suggest you need to reduce the length of the straps to bring them closer, this will also reduce any overlap of the back and kidney

ZUvzWdT.thumb.jpg.0ba345ca0b080f3f845dd9adc868ed67.jpgUrnD3dz.jpg?2

You also have a large gap between the butt plate and kidney. Adding tighter strapping closer to the ends may help, or you could add some V tabs

rfQqiFP.thumb.jpg.243d4c6bfae09b5e9c37ae40ed69de41.jpg

Q6j9pfd.jpg

qrjihT5.jpg

4 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

I would think they would be fine from the CRL raps/tears and tube stripes shall be decals (with the correct ESB details),

Make sure you apply them a pencil with from the cheek, also they should fall from the top at the front .

Thank you very much, I'll get right to it!

34 minutes ago, gmrhodes13 said:

Actually, now that I look at them, mine don't seem to fall from the top at all, they look quite symmetrical... they lean ever so slightly, but not nearly as much as your pictures. However, CRL makes it sound like this 'fall' is desirable, but optional, right?

• Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front.

Just now, Starkiller_2021 said:

Actually, now that I look at them, mine don't seem to fall from the top at all, they look quite symmetrical... they lean ever so slightly, but not nearly as much as your pictures. However, CRL makes it sound like this 'fall' is desirable, but optional, right?

• Fall of tube stripe tops ideally lean toward the front.

Correct, most templates and stickers do have a lean that's why it is mentioned before applying them, bit hard to tell from your images if they have a fall but it is only an ideal look

• Like 1

Hola Guillermo,

Thanks for your application and for the quick fix with the helmet tube stripes, as well as the adjustments to your shoulder straps, shoulder bells, and cover strip alignment.

CRL and EIB Application Requirements

All required photos are now in and, after review, we are pleased to welcome you to Expert Infantry rank. On behalf of the DO team and myself, many congratulations! :duim: 

Other-Armor Fit/Assembly

In this area we review observations made by your fellow troopers and the DO team. Some observations may lead to suggestions to improve the overall look of your armor. Note that we consider both text (CRL) and pictures (screen caps/reference images) when reviewing submissions

Starting from the top, the tear decals are quite a bit smaller than the molds of the AFP helmet. Not a big deal at all, but if you're able to find decals that are a bit larger, it would look cleaner:

ACtC-3dTueHqkaX1vDPxPH-OXpUCRkT4b-xxrbmzwfoeSwgKLxVRlvmvLcX3DQnD_l9ygz2ggXBqBEKC4Fvu1G8h-OwIUt_BRMmcU5OV3a-Ztg5_E9Alj420w5QKF7Xv1avfskYq_6NPVEVnkGnM3sRz7eXWOg=w771-h1001-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3f_8_sWDmQAL-xDhdjSaNZOZWQL6rci7D0u

Next, the rank bars look better, but they could still be thicker. Additionally, the outline on the left one is a bit squareish, and could be repainted to be rounder.

ACtC-3f5Dwz7mESLg7bb_obUwkOMpYGvioBX6b9EvN7tr2CGeFbOj9lg5R2ptQgGkRPLkDXuB4WhLyvbG3KrBDyHz9dKrnzfbsq0G6N6bfL3kDnt8MJY36FT2_BsgiITtX81Kp1BtHE5o9sVUOI4OTCLar0ukA=w937-h721-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3fjFgnKeVqDbYMk9XpPsJAc2vWTYk8Mz9ZgghUb1KmBUY0_ZFK1EaD4j4Y5QitWue_q40jSZbgu6sO7dxjbU3I4_0bzCgx4NRNR7qaBiedvFdDb21DbBTFecfbJOS2VlTC81ItzwCgX-JjXicuG5HyJ4w=w910-h1047-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3eA4MGWh_6MzPFQxmPdGBtRbUfZ1hZtryCr  ACtC-3e8YNJVwyZ6oUMxixe5JdQkVLc8gQc3y60W

Additionally, the shape of the vocoder paint could be adjusted to better match the screen-used examples. The AFP molds may simply have a different vocoder shape, but you could consider extending the paint as shown.

ACtC-3dpt2Hj0Qqri9ZP1-vTpAdUeUjLKOmd0iLu9cgmASTg6k76JYBMTGvnvMs1kXIW4KKXky0TKDD_zgwnzXadTlX1QS5vK3mSacYtQRtwpH8cUwsKq-OhWYIPP5b_vAkG9LeYhtslNOEHLHPw0hT9cunDag=w650-h712-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fCsMAi3nW-pSk17MXBn1ruDokSbkDmdLtC  ACtC-3fh8zUOLAlbDeAb1DaeKnbqitgxgzFZ-ABU

Next, your helmet is sitting quite high. This may be necessary for visibility, but if you could remove some of the padding at the top, there would be less of a gap between the bottom of your helmet and the top of the back armor and will make it less likely people are able to see into your helmet while trooping.

ACtC-3dwMOKRbaJtfOSXfL3YZUgp-DGGd9cieVkraqb3aRFKAL3w05TtdTe_g7RhY7p6yfcqiGoBcr8EM6Gze1qIP5OQ5UuK8eYe6gcpIv572tlnwqVNZDPmCgPruVtivEHHXtZKvRDJbtU-f_LHOAnq8c507A=w1026-h1016-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3eMXLHjC6IZELOERTU4YOcRV5-GUrFJe96TXEHmOPWKeP0987-8xSyT6sGQUp3n33JAStvacrE6zEDurINMI2p-Gkb5f3XHq-BLYzO74ULqbQ2fUWmhH1wFFZjtimrPHFofXycIXecyxSUdDg5eiJEcsg=w1251-h791-no?authuser=1

Moving along, your belt is sitting a bit high in the rear. Of course everyone's body shape is different, but if you could move it down in the rear, that would better match screen-used examples. Note that the position of your belt in the front is perfect (barely overlapping the lower ab buttons) so moving the rear down would also change the position of the front of the belt, you shouldn't do it.

ACtC-3fk9fd8rqPObYftOet02emZwO7L8T6n05LsIkuc-CCi9nP2Dx3d-7PAX7Xerm7u9gY8_DM3OnzcpiwDDPwdcdJHZHYByy9TA-AyrNgdI5LN8Ui6gWwMaakJeT2QZWdLaXBZXx-uNTPswVsMsXVPx63ScA=w1367-h1099-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dcRw4L7Q3_zCFQf_BLfV5DKNJHXrl-UF4s   ACtC-3dZJPMu2zkCTmBH-Fj9-rJOq59OJMvB4LrT

(Edit: looks like you've already fixed this since I wrote this review!) Next, as was already pointed out, your butt plate isn't fitting you as well as it could. I think you might be able to add or tighten some strapping, but I'd also consider using a hot water bath to increase the curve of the piece so that it wraps around your body better. Especially viewed from behind, you can see the armor piece is wider than your waist.

ACtC-3ccBFq4xYANf6T7HEUqdEewbIul-ZlgydAxQpm6AKaUxN0KkvHUbRYhTy5QUaQwQF-XgOrDmkDN7yFMm_NuCSxbmZM7a2KCHzyZBYUBaNehCm_Rh9fptvmNL4iahTNaeTkKRbOMfYiyZnHme4Ub_sgjhA=w1541-h948-no?authuser=1  ACtC-3cFv25czGI6G28qxKhEDr5DsYb3NwNHPDa8BSMfuafbagY0UE8BOuTx2s84pPe9zayYu6CM4GdYwJbqCgWEzP8a3DE9oUedNobIey5oU-iATfdET5Wk872HqlIfXlwiuOl3l4TqcCu3NlGt-sid18W0Hw=w1014-h1099-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3fLwRtJyrEXy1rtg_6scDUBccaERSOncUJu

Next, we're suggesting you touch up the paint on your thigh ammo pack rivet.

ACtC-3dWVzKm-hhJmrRM13mU7RzAwSkRyTw4KxVChpiST7Z1z-D7KL9zYQwitDLtIfaSzP7FBHWPP2Tdof7BOjFpmNnqAHrcPjVht8vefF9J2493W004Ipbj7lXipQGxre5Fe5nu5a5U5FqqwRD_XAit0i4bgw=w865-h955-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3cb_Dds3NfXQ0UXfww5B9kpgGz5c-DMfkiE

Finally, your blaster grip should not have any weathering on it, as they were black plastic.

ACtC-3dMZJGDiNsu6-05SwN2O9GXnNDcnzH9v5RQoe130NAkd_zHZDY1yqdt3QfwGvXIVGFoG7KtFfEb3Vc1daJKMkUFcfX-ebq1hW70cjAeJKOcuAjuBB4rOMuAc66bYC-fi_poghRq0nM0ikGGtUNgNi4r3g=w1086-h1002-no?authuser=1

Reference Images:

ACtC-3dzx7hIWJK4l2pr02L9pWGw1zPMNj_7wJ6Y

Centurion Requirements

In this section we prepare you for Centurion. More photos may be requested in the future that allow us to make better decisions on possible adjustments. If there are any areas of concern they will be discussed here.

Because Centurion photos show much more detail than EIB, items to pertaining to Centurion might be seen there and not here. We try to point out all that we can from what is seen, but the final accuracy is the responsibility of the trooper.

Starting at the top, the L3 CRL states:

• Ear bars shall have only two to three bumps painted in black (rank stripes).

Since your ear bars have only one painted black, you should paint one or two more.

ACtC-3fjFgnKeVqDbYMk9XpPsJAc2vWTYk8Mz9Zg

Reference Image:

ESB_troopers_Leia.jpg.dd63cc80e6114cf7641c4175a06e9147.jpg

You've already posted updated photos for two issues that would have been Centurion blockers: the shoulder bell gap and the lack of the shoulder strap white elastic:

• There should be a minimal gap between the shoulder armor and the chest/back plates.
  • The plastic shoulder straps need to be held down in the back via a white elastic band to the white fabric that connects/bridges the chest and back piece.

However, please note that you should take new full-body photos with the corrections for your Centurion application.

Next, for L3, the gaps at the bottom of your thighs should be filled or backed with a small square of ABS. This isn't something that's called out in the CRL text, but it's clear from reference images.

TbrDbFB.jpg          

Reference Images:

PdzZZYA.jpg           gK520hu.jpg

And that's it! You're essentially already there, so we hope to see your Centurion application soon. In the meantime, please accept our congratulations for reaching the rank of EIB!

• Like 2

• shashachu changed the title to TK-22021 requestig ESB EIB Status (Armour Factory Props) [1018]

Felicidades Guillermo!!!!

Como dice Mario, próxima parada Centurión!!!! :salute:

Congratulations Guillermo !!!!  

And as Mario says, next stop  Centurion!!!! :salute:

Edited by Chemi
  • Like 2