TK-18474 Reporting for Duty

Finally made it, getting approved on 17 Dec 2021.

Its taken a few days short of 2yrs to complete my build, so its been quite a journey. Completing a Masters, working full time and juggling a family, all impacted on my original plan of getting things finished in 2 months. As this was my first build I learnt a ton and made a couple of mistakes.

Still need to make a few adjustments to fit before going for EIB and Centurion, as over the 2yrs lost some weight and gained some weight so different pieces are better fits than others.

I enjoyed the build process learning a lot more about the armour than if I had of followed my original plan of buying a commission from RSpropmasters. Though not saying I wouldn't have been happy with that as they make good quality stuff and I would have been able to troop before COVID.

Thanks to those that provided comments and advice along the way including:  justjoseph63, gmrhodes13, TheSwede; ukswrath; sly11; Tarok; TkSpartan; husky68, + many others.

Couple of tips for new builders (going to get a bit more philosophical than usual). 

1) Research research research;

2) Be open to asking questions on the forum and open to feedback given in good faith, someone has probably come across the same issue previously and will have the answer;

3) Measure three times, cut once, if unsure measure again or take a photo and ask for advice on forum;

4) Be prepared to make some mistakes, if it can't be fixed its not the end of the world as there are more important things in life, you can always repurchase a particular piece;

5) If your getting frustrated take a break (You will find out about the sniper knee) even if its a few weeks/months;

6) Take lots of photos, really rewarding to look at where you have come from by the end of the process;

7) Real life happens, and is more important;

8) Enjoy the journey, not just the destination;

TK approval.jpg

Edited by BigCara
  • Like 5

Congratulations Mark and welcome to Legion.

Enjoy the additional access and posting permissions.

• Like 2

Reading this, I somehow feel bad now for buying a commissioned TK back then. :blush:;)

Congratulations Mark and welcome to the ranks. As you said, a few tweaks here and there and you will surely have loads of fun with that suit.

• Like 1