Hello from Alabama!

Brew12

After years of making excuses to not join the 501st I've finally decided to take on the challenge. Life long Star Wars fan so mixing that with doing charity work is too much to pass up. 

I've decided to go with ATA ANH Stunt armor and am on the waiting list now. I've been going through the different guides and am stocking up on all of the recommended supplies and tools that I should need to make everything happen. I'm lucky enough to have an unused bedroom in the house that I will be setting up as a work area. Hoping to have the build done and approved in time for the world to open up again.

Huge thank you to everyone that has worked to put all of the guides and links together. Without all this information I wouldn't have the courage to even attempt a build like this!

• Like 5

Welcome to the forum, Steven! I’m just a little to the east of you, in northwest GA, right outside Chattanooga. Great to see another ATA Trooper I the making, as I’ve been on the same journey myself. Check out my build thread if you like, as well as my All-In-One TK resource, which has a TON of ATA threads in the second half of the post.

https://www.whitearmor.net/forum/topic/49412-all-in-one-tk-anh-stunt-index-of-resources-by-maskedvengeance/

I look forward to following your progress!

Sent via Imperial Tapatalk Comms

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Brew12 said:

After years of making excuses to not join the 501st I've finally decided to take on the challenge. Life long Star Wars fan so mixing that with doing charity work is too much to pass up. 

I've decided to go with ATA ANH Stunt armor and am on the waiting list now. I've been going through the different guides and am stocking up on all of the recommended supplies and tools that I should need to make everything happen. I'm lucky enough to have an unused bedroom in the house that I will be setting up as a work area. Hoping to have the build done and approved in time for the world to open up again.

Huge thank you to everyone that has worked to put all of the guides and links together. Without all this information I wouldn't have the courage to even attempt a build like this!

Congrats Steven!

I've got an ATA ANH Stunt as well and I love it.

Good luck with your build!

• 2 weeks later...

Probably still a little premature for a build thread, but I'll share a quick update.

Still on the ATA wait list and should be 2 to 3 weeks out before I'm up.

I have a completely empty/unused bedroom to use for this build and have set up a 30"x72" table as a work space.

This past week I have gotten all the elastic, strapping, and velcro I should need for this build. I have also picked up a bunch of snaps, rivets, tools for both, clamps, new razor and hobby knives, steel rulers, Goo Gone, E6000 adhesive, china markers, and acrylic scissors. That table is filling up fast!

Things I have on order:

Hellhound: E-11 blaster so hopefully that will be here in a few weeks.

UKswrath: Audio system with voice modulator, cooling fan system and TD clips which should get here this week.

Trooperbay: Paint and paint brushes, helmet decal templates, holster, gloves and hand guards and a neck seal have also all shipped I believe

PilotBay: TD kit (wanted one larger than the ATA 2" kit)

Applied Magnets: 20 each of 2 sizes of rare earth magnets. Should be here this week. Thinking I might need more if I do magnetic closure on the calves/shins. 

Amazon: Airbrush kit - Delivery tomorrow (Yes... I know it isn't needed, but I don't want to use decals and my painting skills are sadly lacking)

At this point, the only things left that I know I need to order are the boots which I can order March 5th apparently and a canvas belt but I want the waist measurement from my armor after it is cut and shaped so that will wait. Might also order a garter system... still mulling that one over. All in all, I think I'll be ready to hit the ground running once BBB day arrives.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Brew12 said:

Probably still a little premature for a build thread, but I'll share a quick update.

Still on the ATA wait list and should be 2 to 3 weeks out before I'm up.

I have a completely empty/unused bedroom to use for this build and have set up a 30"x72" table as a work space.

This past week I have gotten all the elastic, strapping, and velcro I should need for this build. I have also picked up a bunch of snaps, rivets, tools for both, clamps, new razor and hobby knives, steel rulers, Goo Gone, E6000 adhesive, china markers, and acrylic scissors. That table is filling up fast!

Things I have on order:

Hellhound: E-11 blaster so hopefully that will be here in a few weeks.

UKswrath: Audio system with voice modulator, cooling fan system and TD clips which should get here this week.

Trooperbay: Paint and paint brushes, helmet decal templates, holster, gloves and hand guards and a neck seal have also all shipped I believe

PilotBay: TD kit (wanted one larger than the ATA 2" kit)

Applied Magnets: 20 each of 2 sizes of rare earth magnets. Should be here this week. Thinking I might need more if I do magnetic closure on the calves/shins. 

Amazon: Airbrush kit - Delivery tomorrow (Yes... I know it isn't needed, but I don't want to use decals and my painting skills are sadly lacking)

At this point, the only things left that I know I need to order are the boots which I can order March 5th apparently and a canvas belt but I want the waist measurement from my armor after it is cut and shaped so that will wait. Might also order a garter system... still mulling that one over. All in all, I think I'll be ready to hit the ground running once BBB day arrives.

I would recommend, start your Build thread with this info.  This helps new members who are starting their builds, to see the prep work and the forethought put into simply getting the plastic and getting a E11.  

• Like 2